How old is this pool table?

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
One photo there shows the label and I think it says Oct 10 1887.

My bud has a similar table that is an 1890-something, but isn't as fancy as this one, with the lion heads
and all that. If put into playable condition, it's the nuts. Thick slate, solid as any table ever.

Buy it, imho.

Jeff Livingston

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
One photo there shows the label and I think it says Oct 10 1887.

My bud has a similar table that is an 1890-something, but isn't as fancy as this one, with the lion heads
and all that. If put into playable condition, it's the nuts. Thick slate, solid as any table ever.

Buy it, imho.

Jeff Livingston

I'm not a buyer. I already have one table in storage. I only have a thousand square feet of living space at the moment.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Looks like a Brunswick Pfister, it would most likely be from the late 1800's.

20110001-10.jpg

Brunswick has been making pool tables since 1845 :) Anyone who knows anything about pool tables learned it from Brunswick. :)

Trent from Toledo

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I played on that table a couple of times when I was a kid. It played pretty good. Of course it was a new table then. :rolleyes:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That looks like a project.

It also looks like a 5x10. The text in the Brunswick description above says 5x10 is carried in stock but the table can be made in a larger size if requested.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks like a project.

It also looks like a 5x10. The text in the Brunswick description above says 5x10 is carried in stock but the table can be made in a larger size if requested.

What's the biggest pool table you have ever seen?(non snooker)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's the biggest pool table you have ever seen?(non snooker)
For American pool, 5x10. I have seen a pyramid table, which is sort of a pool table, and I think it was close to 6x12.

The Brunswick ad above implies that the larger sizes were for "the English games." Wales should be offended.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
planning!

Seller claims the table is from 1867, but the patent dates from 1887. :grin:

Obviously that is the prototype component and they aren't planning to patent it until 1887. That is planning ahead!

Reminds me of the egyptian tour guide. He showed the tourists two sarcophaguses, A large one and a smaller one. Somebody asked who was in the larger one. "Cleopatra".

"Who is in the smaller one?"

"Cleopatra as a child."

Hu