APA Jr Championship

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The field was amazing I saw kids from all walks of life. They were one of the most respectful groups I have ever seen in a setting like this. I saw some consoling others when they lost instead of jumping up and down in victory. A lot of the older kids helping younger ones just brought me an overwhelming joy to see the future of our sport. And the friendships that sprouted. My boy Slick Nick made a new friend in Connecticut Ben that I know he will never forget. To all the players that were there you all shoot awesomely. To all the parents keep up the great work building them champions with character.

Attachments

• 20180705_200430.jpg
    20180705_200430.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 305

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The field was amazing I saw kids from all walks of life. They were one of the most respectful groups I have ever seen in a setting like this. I saw some consoling others when they lost instead of jumping up and down in victory. A lot of the older kids helping younger ones just brought me an overwhelming joy to see the future of our sport. And the friendships that sprouted. My boy Slick Nick made a new friend in Connecticut Ben that I know he will never forget. To all the players that were there you all shoot awesomely. To all the parents keep up the great work building them champions with character.

That's something you don't see a lot of these days. I just hope they keep it up. Sportsmanship is extremely rare, and in even shorter supply these days.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should check out the Jr Nationals, you could not tell that from a full on pro event, just with kids. World pro rules, Diamond 9 footers, dress codes, refs, the whole thing. Kids act like pros and in some cases better LOL. If you or your parents are found gambling either there or off site at a pool hall, you can get tossed out of the event.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should check out the Jr Nationals, you could not tell that from a full on pro event, just with kids. World pro rules, Diamond 9 footers, dress codes, refs, the whole thing. Kids act like pros and in some cases better LOL. If you or your parents are found gambling either there or off site at a pool hall, you can get tossed out of the event.

That's awesome. Like I said above, few people show good sportsmanship. And when they do, it's not for very long.

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Are you referring to BEF jr. Nationals

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you referring to BEF jr. Nationals

Yes, there is only one junior national so I never actually put "BEF" there. Would be a bit odd if there were two, kind of like having two World Series in baseball and having someone ask, do you mean the MLB World Series? LOL

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, there is only one junior national so I never actually put "BEF" there. Would be a bit odd if there were two, kind of like having two World Series in baseball and having someone ask, do you mean the MLB World Series? LOL

Ok sir you are correct I thought apa called their nationals also. My bad it's a championship. Didn't mean to offend!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok sir you are correct I thought apa called their nationals also. My bad it's a championship. Didn't mean to offend!

No offence at all, the APA thing is not an "official" national for the pool world, it's just the league thing. The BEF one is the one that counts for the Junior World Championship. Usually the other junior tournaments are held to quality to play at Jr Nationals. For example the junior event at SBE, placing well there gets you a spot at Nationals, as well as the various state championships. Jr Nationals are going on right now BTW if you look up BEF on Facebook, in New Orleans.

I don't think the APA has anything to do with the BEF, or did the kids that do well at the APA event get spots at Jr Nationals?

SamShaddey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's more like the difference between vnea and Bca in the apa they had to go to tournament to place to go just like in the bef. We played in the bef last season and was planning on it this year but had to make a choice and won the trip for apa before the tourney that was somewhat close to me.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's more like the difference between vnea and Bca in the apa they had to go to tournament to place to go just like in the bef. We played in the bef last season and was planning on it this year but had to make a choice and won the trip for apa before the tourney that was somewhat close to me.

That was actually one of the things that caused our local league operator to switch from APA to USAPL, the APA would not support the juniors and BEF. APA lost a ton of players to USAPL in my area. The BEF is not affiliated with any league, it's just a national organization for junior pool.

I think this new APA junior event is more to keep players with the APA rather than do something for the kids along with the BEF. More splintering like what happened with the pro tours. Like what happened with you, you had the APA event, or the BEF event, instead of the APA doing a qualifier for the BEF event.

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sounds very promising for the future of pool...

Is there any links or any place we can see brackets/videos... for the Jr championships? Are there any players showing they are special talents for the future for America? Just asking... :)

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sounds very promising for the future of pool...

Is there any links or any place we can see brackets/videos... for the Jr championships? Are there any players showing they are special talents for the future for America? Just asking... :)

The Nationals brackets and streaming is on the BEF Facebook, don't know about the APA one. The Jr Nationals are going on right now, I think started yesterday.