Expro vs Revo vs hybrid II pro

aeid79

I am an average player, new to the game, I bought my first cue which is the Cuetec Cynergy and I absolutely hate it

I play so much better with my friend's cue - mezz with hybrid II pro , I pot more accurately and the feel is great

I am coming from a snooker background to I seem to like stiff cues (def not cynergy)

is Revo a better purchase than expro or hybrid II pro ? need your opinion before investing another grand on another purchase, already very disappointed with the cuetec

many thanks

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I can't answer to the mezz shafts but I absolutely love the Revo. I've tested 7 different carbon fiber shafts and Revo is #1 for me. I agree 💯 with you, the cynergy was complete trash and was dead last for me on the 7 I've tested.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No company today comes close to Predator.

If you are looking for stiffness alone and don’t mind shooting with a wooden shaft (as the trend now is carbon) then get a Vantage. Buy a used one if you can’t find a tester.

On the other hand, if you are into playing with a black shaft then the Revo is my only recommendation. I’ve had the Cynergy, Ignite & the Revo. The two do not compare to the Revo in all aspects. If you read up on performance (deflection in consideration) the Revo beats all of them. It is also the stiffest out of the 3 that I have tried. People complain about the taper of the Revo, but in fact it is the reason for the shaft to be solid and to not have any vibrations or whippiness when you use spin. The Cynergy has a lot of vibration when you use spin due to its long skinny taper - this turned me off and it made me sell the shaft.

You are also buying at the right time as the high prices on Revos are over...you can now buy them used at around $100 less than MSRP. If you will buy used, get them at Seybert’s and have the tip changed to at least a Zan Soft or Zan Medium/Hybrid Max. The factory tips are horrible because they mushroom. The Zan tips are great tips which hold their shape well and performance is top notch.

aeid79

brilliant advice, thank you so much !

No company today comes close to Predator.

If you are looking for stiffness alone and don’t mind shooting with a wooden shaft (as the trend now is carbon) then get a Vantage. Buy a used one if you can’t find a tester.

On the other hand, if you are into playing with a black shaft then the Revo is my only recommendation. I’ve had the Cynergy, Ignite & the Revo. The two do not compare to the Revo in all aspects. If you read up on performance (deflection in consideration) the Revo beats all of them. It is also the stiffest out of the 3 that I have tried. People complain about the taper of the Revo, but in fact it is the reason for the shaft to be solid and to not have any vibrations or whippiness when you use spin. The Cynergy has a lot of vibration when you use spin due to its long skinny taper - this turned me off and it made me sell the shaft.

You are also buying at the right time as the high prices on Revos are over...you can now buy them used at around $100 less than MSRP. If you will buy used, get them at Seybert’s and have the tip changed to at least a Zan Soft or Zan Medium/Hybrid Max. The factory tips are horrible because they mushroom. The Zan tips are great tips which hold their shape well and performance is top notch.

aeid79

Revo it is :)
many thanks

I can't answer to the mezz shafts but I absolutely love the Revo. I've tested 7 different carbon fiber shafts and Revo is #1 for me. I agree 💯 with you, the cynergy was complete trash and was dead last for me on the 7 I've tested.

crazysnake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Expro is stiffest of the 3. I find that using a soft tip provides the best feedback (for me). The hp2 has a slightly different taper and more deflection than the expro. All three are good. But if stiff is what you're looking for then go with the expro. PM me, I may have an extra for sale.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk