Cue ID. This one has me completely stumped!

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not everyone has a Facebook account, so maybe upload the pic somewhere else?

gcmortal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some home-made thing.

Well yeah I thought it was a custom. I can tell it isn't carbon fiber but might be some kinda low deflection... you know it has to hit a ton!

Don't know how else to post the pic, sorry.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Way short unless it telescopes.

Attachments

• 91073466_10157232813493176_6817885567330549760_o.jpg
    91073466_10157232813493176_6817885567330549760_o.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 832

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the middle ages when jousting you could not always carry your best lance with you since it would be too long, so they made these two piece lances to carry with you. The squire would then put it together before the matches.
"verly, what has thou gottest in thine case?" "It be thy doom" "It's like the plague is it not" "it just keeps getting not very good for yon knight"

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the middle ages when jousting you could not always carry your best lance with you since it would be too long, so they made these two piece lances to carry with you."

My sole interest in this is that of which if these modular lances really did exist, how did they bind together? I just want to see the binding method. I'm not sure modular lances ever existed, so if you can, please post a picture or any source at all describing their construction.

After 1 whopping whole day, I've read different accounts (but not many). When the movie "A Knight's Tale" came out years back I researched the subject for a day and I never understood how modular lances were determined to exist. I've read what you may expect; sometimes they brought their own, sometimes they were commissioned by the court, sometimes they were commissioned by the competitor on site. In none of the sources I found which even remotely suggested their provision was the actual fabrication process described (there isn't many sources online, maybe at all). If these things existed, I'd love to see how they were bound together in a manner to trust with one's own life and at the same time in a way not to injure the horse if splintering occured.

FWIW, there was an article that summed up hundreds of years of competitive jousting into basically... the best horse won. Several articles mentioned that the absolute best training method for jousting didn't involve a lance at all, but simply to train the horse to buck in stride.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My sole interest in this is that of which if these modular lances really did exist, how did they bind together? I just want to see the binding method. I'm not sure modular lances ever existed, so if you can, please post a picture or any source at all describing their construction.

After 1 whopping whole day, I've read different accounts (but not many). When the movie "A Knight's Tale" came out years back I researched the subject for a day and I never understood how modular lances were determined to exist. I've read what you may expect; sometimes they brought their own, sometimes they were commissioned by the court, sometimes they were commissioned by the competitor on site. In none of the sources I found which even remotely suggested their provision was the actual fabrication process described (there isn't many sources online, maybe at all). If these things existed, I'd love to see how they were bound together in a manner to trust with one's own life and at the same time in a way not to injure the horse if splintering occured.

FWIW, there was an article that summed up hundreds of years of competitive jousting into basically... the best horse won. Several articles mentioned that the absolute best training method for jousting didn't involve a lance at all, but simply to train the horse to buck in stride.

Aside from my post to be a total joke since that thing looked more like a lance than a cue LOL, I would guess they knew about threads for a while to put together things. The jousting lances were more for sport not trying to actually kill each other, so them coming apart easily was a construction method they would want. Can't say much about splintering, I would guess back then they did not worry too much about those things, maybe tar or something to hold it together better would have worked. It may also have been good to mark the hit if they needed to determine accuracy.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is actually brilliant to make the shaft notably shorter than the butt.

That way it can be easily distinguished from other cues.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Back in the middle ages when jousting you could not always carry your best lance with you since it would be too long, so they made these two piece lances to carry with you. The squire would then put it together before the matches.
"verly, what has thou gottest in thine case?" "It be thy doom" "It's like the plague is it not" "it just keeps getting not very good for yon knight"

That was hilarious! I even read it in my best English accent:D

Pretty cool conversation piece no doubt!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Wow someone went through a lot of trouble building that case for their sex toys.