deanoc, what exactly is carom you ask?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
i never get tired of watching these, always learn something

he loses position and gets infront of the yellow at 1730 of the straight rail vid, and shows a great way to get it back
absolute control over all 3 balls, its amazing

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question about your signature. I grew up in a pool hall with a billiard table and the only game played was 3 cushion. Admittedly my knowledge of any other carom games are low. Is 3 cushion considered an easier or my juvenile game to Carom enthusiasts? Is 3 cushion considered the "bar table" of the carom world?

Thanks,
Ian

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I have a question about your signature. I grew up in a pool hall with a billiard table and the only game played was 3 cushion. Admittedly my knowledge of any other carom games are low. Is 3 cushion considered an easier or my juvenile game to Carom enthusiasts? Is 3 cushion considered the "bar table" of the carom world?

Thanks,
Ian

It's by far the most difficult and technical game on the planet 3c

See the thread in the carom section that has the same title as my sig

Its nothing more to me than my campaign to get americans playing carom billiards, carom meaning all the games listed above and not start on the hardest game possible

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's by far the most difficult and technical game on the planet 3c

See the thread in the carom section that has the same title as my sig

Its nothing more to me than my campaign to get americans playing carom billiards, carom meaning all the games listed above and not start on the hardest game possible

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for responding.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i never saw either of these games played
there was a great balkline player
his family made chalk for cues,he made a world record,
i forgot his name,but i used to have his cue and case it is now in the glenn collection soon to
be museum

thanks for the help
deano

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
deanoc;6307123[SIZE="6" said:
i never saw either of these games played[/SIZE]

thanks for the help
deano

that is precisely why i do what i do

they all died with hoppe and cochran

dont let me hit the lotto, i will resurrect these great games here in the usa

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched the 1 cushion video. Mesmerizing.

Yes 3 cushion killed the simpler games, because the best in the world got to dam good at it. And by simpler I do not mean easier in any way for us mere mortals.

I spent a lot of time in college playing English billiards. Played on a snooker table and is a crossover between straight rail and pocket billiards (snooker/pool).

Loved it. Taught me a lot about how to move the balls around to where you want them to be.

Nobody knows about this game anymore.

Damn golfers.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I watched the 1 cushion video. Mesmerizing.

Yes 3 cushion killed the simpler games, because the best in the world got to dam good at it. And by simpler I do not mean easier in any way for us mere mortals.

I spent a lot of time in college playing English billiards. Played on a snooker table and is a crossover between straight rail and pocket billiards (snooker/pool).

Loved it. Taught me a lot about how to move the balls around to where you want them to be.

Nobody knows about this game anymore.

Damn golfers.

English billiards is pretty sweet too, whenever theres a stream i post it here, its a club in austria last time

1 cushion is my fav :thumbup:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks,
Ian

His quote is accurate, but in the US it happened 75 years ago.