Jacoby radial joint & Revo radial joint question?

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To my understanding there is 2 different varieties of the radial joint. (one made by Uniloc & the other from over seas) I was told today that a radial Revo shaft may not fit the Jacoby radial butt. I would of thought Jacoby uses the Uniloc Radial, but is this not the case? Does Jacoby use a different radial joint? Can someone verify this? Thanks

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IME the Jacoby pin is bigger. Also, the newer radial Revo shafts seem to fit a bit looser than the ones from earlier last year. Please keep in mind this is a small sample of 3-5 each.

Keith

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To my understanding there is 2 different varieties of the radial joint. (one made by Uniloc & the other from over seas) I was told today that a radial Revo shaft may not fit the Jacoby radial butt. I would of thought Jacoby uses the Uniloc Radial, but is this not the case? Does Jacoby use a different radial joint? Can someone verify this? Thanks

A friend of mine uses a Revo on his Jacoby. It screws right on. He's never mentioned having a problem. On the Radial itself, there are two different taps. One is slightly smaller and because Predator uses a phenolic insert, phenolic is a tighter fit than maple so if the smaller tap is used, it can be tighter. The over seas radial or properly named Ball screw is a different thread at 3/8x8.

travislj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the information, probably gonna order a Jacoby soon & was just checking some different shaft options.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe I heard that jacoby as thier own carbon fiber shaft in the works.

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend with a Jacoby with a radial joint and he uses an unmodified radial Rove on it with no problem. I easily goes on and off.