New APA Roster Manager App

Sneakeypete1

Registered
Hi all,

Long time lurker - first time poster here.

I got tired of manually adding up handicaps and seeing who was going to play on our APA team league nights so I made an app to do it for me!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevfu.aparostermanager

Just plug in your team members and their handicaps (works for both 8 ball and 9 ball handicaps) and the app will give you all the possible scenarios along with the percentage chance each member may play that night.

On the roster entry screen, you can also lock in one or more players if you're certain they will play or have already played that night and it will limit down the scenarios. Working to add functionality to somehow query your roster from the APA site but it's proving more difficult than I thought.

Currently only have it published on the Google Play store but may expand to iOS if there's enough interest (Apple's app publishing costs are outrageous). Would love to get everyone's feedback to hopefully make improvements as needed.

Thanks and happy shooting all!

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Are you an App developer full time?

Hi all,

Long time lurker - first time poster here.

I got tired of manually adding up handicaps and seeing who was going to play on our APA team league nights so I made an app to do it for me!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevfu.aparostermanager

Just plug in your team members and their handicaps (works for both 8 ball and 9 ball handicaps) and the app will give you all the possible scenarios along with the percentage chance each member may play that night.

On the roster entry screen, you can also lock in one or more players if you're certain they will play or have already played that night and it will limit down the scenarios. Working to add functionality to somehow query your roster from the APA site but it's proving more difficult than I thought.

Currently only have it published on the Google Play store but may expand to iOS if there's enough interest (Apple's app publishing costs are outrageous). Would love to get everyone's feedback to hopefully make improvements as needed.

Thanks and happy shooting all!

I'm not a league player but looks good! Are you an App developer full time?

Sneakeypete1

Registered
Thanks! I make web apps from time to time at work but this is my first attempt at a mobile app.

Figured no better way to get started than to make something functional that provides some value to my league teams :D

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I checked the tread to see if anyone made a comment about "does it help to sort out which player should dump the match to keep his handicap low" but it seems for once the forum humor was in check.

Does APA have an electronic scoring app that reports back to home office or is that all paper still?

Something like this mixed in with scoring would be great.

Sneakeypete1

Registered
I heard the APA is going to be releasing a scoring app sometime soon (they mentioned it during the World Championship stream this past year) so didn't want to drop too much time into developing that myself right now.

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
Downloaded the free version to check it out. Looks like something I'd be interested in. In the paid app, is there a way to denote who on your team is present that evening? We have a couple of guys that have odd schedules and aren't always there.

Sneakeypete1

Registered
Thanks for checking it out! If one or more teammates won't be there, just leave them out of the list in the roster entry page.

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
Hah.. I guess that's a good point. Based on that, I assume that means in the paid app, you can't save your roster? Not a deal breaker at all.