playing cue to break cue
Old
  (#1)
skybitter
AzB Silver Member
skybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these parts

vCash: 500

playing cue to break cue - 05-31-2011, 06:10 AM

is it ok to make my current cue to break cue because im gonna buy another cue? im just planning to change the tip to samsara. will i not damage the cue? one more thing the shaft is 8 splice "my cue maker said it was 314".

Old
  (#2)
poolplayer2093
AzB Silver Member
poolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybitter View Post
is it ok to make my current cue to break cue because im gonna buy another cue? im just planning to change the tip to samsara. will i not damage the cue? one more thing the shaft is 8 splice "my cue maker said it was 314".
a couple of things i'd like to say a bout that. 1 it's your cue and you can do what you like with it. i break with my playing cue all the time.

if you really have a 8 plice predator shaft you shouldn't break with it. those things are hard to come by. i wouldn't actually turn any predator cue into a break cue. they use thinner ferrules and are hollow for a few inches so over the long haul that could catch up to you and hurt the cue

some people buy break cues because they want the break cue to be stiffer or have a harder tip or what not. imo you should just throw down 65 and get a j&j or break off the wall (house cue).

Old
  (#3)
donuteric
always a newbie
donuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond reputedonuteric has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2011, 07:08 AM

I'd second what poolplayer suggested. My experience with predator LD shafts is that they don't really make good breakers, regardless of what tip you put on. I've seen people break with them; and I've seen people break them.

Old
  (#4)
FriendofBillW
AzB Bronze Member
FriendofBillW has a reputation beyond reputeFriendofBillW has a reputation beyond reputeFriendofBillW has a reputation beyond reputeFriendofBillW has a reputation beyond reputeFriendofBillW has a reputation beyond reputeFriendofBillW has a reputation beyond reputeFriendofBillW has a reputation beyond reputeFriendofBillW has a reputation beyond reputeFriendofBillW has a reputation beyond reputeFriendofBillW has a reputation beyond reputeFriendofBillW has a reputation beyond repute

05-31-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybitter View Post
hey their.. i've heard several pros and cons regarding breaking with your "current cue"... this is what i've gathered.. im a relatively new pool player. however all i do is research pool, cue, cases, tips, etc. when i have free time. so dont think by any means that what i say is 100% accurate. non the less i hope i provide you with good information.. not to diminish my importance.

i think the first thing to consider is what cue your playing with. if your playing with a "wal-mart" cue... i would stay far away from breaking with it... because the materials are of poor quality and they will literally break the cue or warp it severally. however. if your using a "well made" cue then i say more power to you. their is a lot of hysteria behind breaking with a cue. i believe that if its well made it willl be fine. the only downside that i think is realistic is that the tip may mushroom after a while.

i think that player has a good point about using a predator cue to break. but it all depends on how you cherish your cue. if its really important to you, possibly reconsider breaking with it. im about to buy a predator cue and do not intend on breaking with it. however i have a good solid basic cue now and i break with it all the time. and it works fine.

what i will most likely do until i am able to purchase an actual break cue is to use my old cue to break with and my predator to shoot with. rather than use the bar sticks. which again i think will serve me well.

some of my friends are terrified to break with thier own cue. however ive talked to local league players and store owners that said they think that is foolish.

who knows.. hope this helped a bit. felt i was rambling towards the end.. .best of luck!!!

Old
  (#5)
skybitter
AzB Silver Member
skybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these partsskybitter is infamous around these parts

05-31-2011, 05:15 PM

so i guess i'll just have to sell them and bought a real break cue. actually im thinking of getting predator bk2 or mezz pb II. i much like the predator bk2, what i don't like about it, it's not a jump break. i'm considering mezz 2nd choice because i can have jump and break cue.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: