Have any of you ever tried out a Generic cue that you felt was a great playing cue?

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
What is the point in going there then? Because it is not moderated (no rules / say and speak your mind, no matter what it may be?)?

Camaraderie, lots of cue and cue show discussion, talks about drinking, more real-world shooting discussion instead of fantasy paper discussion.

Several of the world's best cuemakers post "there" as part of the group (as opposed to just coming in once in a while because someone enticed them with a question.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a blank from cue components I think and hand someone turn it down and throw a joint and but cap on it and use an OB 2 shaft. I have had many Scruggs cues had McDermott custom make me a cue and several others but always go back to shooting with piece together cue.

JD

Supposedly, aren't Cue Components rip off artists selling counterfeit gear and what not? Or is it was cheap and ya don't care or whatever ? I've had no dealings with them, only basing my statement of off dozens of others....

Camaraderie, lots of cue and cue show discussion, talks about drinking, more real-world shooting discussion instead of fantasy paper discussion.

Several of the world's best cuemakers post "there" as part of the group (as opposed to just coming in once in a while because someone enticed them with a question.

I checked the forum out, and it appears to be pretty dead (not active at all). I am so used to receiving replies within a number of minutes, but on there, it might be at least a number of days, or weeks before getting a reply.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure the old timers like Mosconi, Crane, Balsis etc all started out with "generic" cues since there weren't really any custom cues at the time and they ran hundreds of balls.

I knew a guy who used a $50 dollar Players sneaky and played high level pool with it. I would say a custom cue gives you a much better chance of being a good playing cue but some cheap generic cues also play well.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might oughta get a Full Splice Schmelke TRUE sneaky pete with 2 plain maple shafts. Tell them exactly what you want. Pretend you got your shit together while you're on the phone. You say David, here's what I want, get a pen in your hand and write this down, I'm in a hurry. Now, I want a full splice, bocote true sneaky with no logo and no weight bolt, 3/8x10 joint, 18-19oz. Pro 12"-15" taper on 2 shafts, with Le Pro tips,(LBM ferrules). 58" even split. Wrapless and no butt plate. I'm paying you $200 in full, it's already on the way. So go in the back & stop what they're doing & get on my cue, I want it Friday week! Thank you kindly !!!