Are Paul Sumrall cues in high demand?

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“Have you ever picked up a cue that you never held before, and just felt like a completely new player (with more confidence then you ever had before with any other cue)? “

Yes! When I bought a sugartree. 🤘

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“Have you ever picked up a cue that you never held before, and just felt like a completely new player (with more confidence then you ever had before with any other cue)? “

Yes! When I bought a sugartree. 🤘
Agreed! Sugartrees are the best hitting cues out there, in my opinion. I will never use another cue.

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
I don't know what Sumrall's cues are going for, but I have three of them that I would not consider selling. Very nice looking and great players.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope this is not a bad question to ask.

Are his cues in the same league as Diveney for example?

I am looking a a really nice Sumrall cue, but I can't find any values of his cues on the 2nd hand market .

I understand that I will not know if I will like a cue until I have tried one out.

I just do not want to get stuck with a cue if for some reason I do not like it, and then have to take a loss in order to resell it.

You may send me a pm if you want to.

I just do not know how his cues compare (when it comes to demand on the 2nd hand market) to other cues out there .

When it comes to needing to resell a cue on the 2nd hand market, would I be much better off with a high in demand cue like a Schon for example ?

Thanks for any honest opinions about this, and you may pm me if you think your reply should not be public.
I e-mailed my pool-playing friends and got a hit on these Paul Sumrall cues. A friend in Lubbock, Texas said he found one in a pawn shop about 6 months ago. He did not say what he paid but said it needed a tip so he had a regular old Elkmaster installed.

After playing it for about a month, he sold his Barry Dews and his Pat Diveney. Said it is the best he's ever hit with and he has hit with plenty, (60+ years of playing pool).

This is all I know about 'Paul Sumrall' cues!

Last edited:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
It's little moments like this that I wish more people would participate in the sub-area of the forums.

This isn't to bash you Justin, just saying if you posted in cue reviews or they made a new thread for "cue market" you might get better responses from people actually looking to answer your question. Hardly anyone looks there so I get why you don't.

If I posted that many threads about topics that people are blatantly telling you is a tired subject, I'd be reluctant to post another.

And yet here we are, and I have to applaud you. The number of people on AZ you just made face-palm and go headbutt their keyboard is staggering....

bravo.:thumbup2:

~Dogs -- doesn't have any information on Sumrall cues --

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am going to make one last attempt at helping Justin.
There is no way anyone on this forum can tell you which cue would be best for you. It's not possible there are to many variables. In your search: DO NOT be concerned about who made a cue. DO NOT be worried about what joint the cue has. DO NOT worry about the resale value. DO NOT worry about whether it is pretty to look at. DO NOT worry about which wood was used. NONE of these things really matter.

What matters is if it feels good in your hands. Most pool players that play for any extended amount of time and become proficient at the game will have gone through quite a few cues along the way. It is all part of the pool experience. I have owned and played with so many cues I cannot imagine how many that is. Along the way I settled on the couple I own now, one is beautiful, one is butt ugly. I enjoy each for one reason, to play pool.

Along the way I have handled and shot with many high end name brand cues that have wait lists forever. Some played great some were like broom handles to me. That is just how I felt and you need to go through the same process and not expect others to tell, or steer you into decisions.

How do you think anyone ever decided on which cue to use before the internet? Holy Cow just consider that for a minute. We bought them and used the ones our friends had, that is what you should do..... IMO!

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just reread one of your posts or comments. If it has an ivory joint, DO NOT GET IT, unless he subtract from sale price you having a SS joint installed. Come on boy, you got a hell of a head, think about what I'm saying !!!