Diamond professional table

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Holds up just fine until someone don't predrill it first, or uses an impact drill to insert the slate screws😎

So you know about 99% of them are stripped out then!!! HAHAHAHAHHA

Just having fun Glen. You know I respect you and your knowledge!

Hows the fishing been?? Perch season for me is here, right off shore and going weds morning!

Trent

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So you know about 99% of them are stripped out then!!! HAHAHAHAHHA

Just having fun Glen. You know I respect you and your knowledge!

Hows the fishing been?? Perch season for me is here, right off shore and going weds morning!

Trent

Again, installers fault, but a smart installer would switch the slate screws for machine bolts, should I explain how that works?🤔😀

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Trent & King.... what is the difference between the GC 5 and 6 other than the castings?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Again, installers fault, but a smart installer would switch the slate screws for machine bolts, should I explain how that works?🤔😀
I would be interested in how all that works, I know what machine bolts are of course. I have used them when the slate screws were totally stripped out :)

Trent

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
It's all cosmetic, there's nothing different in the basic design.

the frames are designed differently. Only 4 evelers on each of the seams in the gc6. I could install the levelers like the gc5 in about 2-3 hours.

I feel the new frame members milled to closer tolerances. I am not an engineer so I can't say one is better than the other. The 2 gc6's I recently installed went together very well and both clients are happy!

Trent

realkingcobra

Silver Member
the frames are designed differently. Only 4 evelers on each of the seams in the gc6. I could install the levelers like the gc5 in about 2-3 hours.

I feel the new frame members milled to closer tolerances. I am not an engineer so I can't say one is better than the other. The 2 gc6's I recently installed went together very well and both clients are happy!

Trent

Levelers don't change the over built frame structure, the 5 and 6 are the same, and therefore still susceptible to humidity changes. And MDF is still the worst backing to install on any slate, next to particleboard!!!

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Levelers don't change the over built frame structure,
the 5 and 6 are the same, and therefore still susceptible to humidity changes. And MDF
is still the worst backing to install on any slate, next to particleboard!!!

Respectfully, NO they are not. The frames are not the same. It is not just the levelers.
The frame members are not the same, the way the levelers for the seams are mounted
on the cross members are different, the 4 sills are not the same, the bolt capture plates
are removable and are mounted totally different. Yes MDF sucks for slatebackers.
Glue down method after "X" amount of recovers with staples. I use wire staples (j21's) &
a hand stapler on all 6 pockets to not cause damage to the wood, well much less than
using the pneumatic stapler and crown staples. I just installed these 2 in May of this year.
Not going to argue with you RKC:thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

Attachments

• 67146833_1073714612838566_4209203963104329728_o.jpg
    67146833_1073714612838566_4209203963104329728_o.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 66817037_1071685229708171_8675724347534475264_o.jpg
    66817037_1071685229708171_8675724347534475264_o.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 248

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Respectfully, NO they are not. The frames are not the same. It is not just the levelers.
The frame members are not the same, the way the levelers for the seams are mounted
on the cross members are different, the 4 sills are not the same, the bolt capture plates
are removable and are mounted totally different. Yes MDF sucks for slatebackers.
Glue down method after "X" amount of recovers with staples. I use wire staples (j21's) &
a hand stapler on all 6 pockets to not cause damage to the wood, well much less than
using the pneumatic stapler and crown staples. I just installed these 2 in May of this year.
Not going to argue with you RKC:thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

Post a picture of the frame without the slates on it.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Post a picture of the frame without the slates on it.

Unfortunately, I do not have one on hand un assembled. I just installed those 2 in May like I said. I am very sure my description of the differences are accurate. If that is not good enough, you will just have to wait until I sell another one and I will make sure to take pics of the frame! :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Unfortunately, I do not have one on hand un assembled. I just installed those 2 in May like I said. I am very sure my description of the differences are accurate. If that is not good enough, you will just have to wait until I sell another one and I will make sure to take pics of the frame! :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

Ok, I'll wait🤪

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Nope, I'm waiting on you to educate me😎

I already did! I will show proof one day when I sell the next one :) I am sure there are others who have installed them that can confirm the differences! I would hope you could trust my word by now, I would never report anything but the truth RKC!!! :p

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I already did! I will show proof one day when I sell the next one :) I am sure there are others who have installed them that can confirm the differences! I would hope you could trust my word by now, I would never report anything but the truth RKC!!! :p

Trent from Toledo

Not saying I don't trust you, I just want to see the difference myself, not that I'll ever work on one.