Do carbon fiber shafts make the game easier?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And none of you on this thread are great archers so you need all the help you can get.. even a great archer isn’t going to pull out a warped arrow with a dull head and expect to successful with it.

You are so argumentative and clueless, it really makes me wonder what happened to you as a child.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't be an ass, you know what they mean. The cue is waaaaaaay over-rated as to its importance. Efren beat the world with a pos $15 cue. Oh, as to the archery deal, i've shot/hunted since i was around 15. If you wanna tee it up doin that old-school(no pussy compounds) go get a bow and a stack of cash.

I disagree. The pool cue is a really important part of a person's game.

Only with the right pool cue, one can play like a well oiled machine.

And about Efren's $15 dollar cue...the cost has nothing to do with how a cue plays.

I make carbon fiber shafts for only a few dollars and they play as good and even better than most out there.

Without the right cue, you just won't play as good and that don't matter how good you are.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leonard "Bugs" Rucker never owned his own cue. He would play off the rack, or borrow a cue.

Buddy Hall, when he dominated, would win a tournament - sell the cue he won the tournament with right after - and travel to the next tournament where he would get a new cue - win - sell - travel. (Wash, rinse, repeat).

Nothing beats solid fundamentals, skill, and talent.

If "you" think a carbon fiber shaft makes the game easier, then it does.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dumbest saying ever,...I’m sure Indians were particular about how and what they made their arrows out of.

I wonder who said that first..?

I'm sure the Indians did try to make their equipment as good as possible, but they were limited, to some degree. Did you ever see an Indian with a lathe...?

You have given us your opinion & I gave you mine.

Technology is great, I have enjoyed technology in many ways, for 60 years. I've been an engineer, working & designing Aircraft Products, since 1963.

So, what do you have to say, to the man that can beat you badly with a broom. I've seen that done many times. A good to great player can play with any kind of a stick, even a broom handle.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't bet your last dollar poolguy4u. I will back Pat against you any day. Are you interested in setting something up?

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Well if you were a better player, you'd know.

You don't play good enough to know the slight differences.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leonard "Bugs" Rucker never owned his own cue. He would play off the rack, or borrow a cue.

Buddy Hall, when he dominated, would win a tournament - sell the cue he won the tournament with right after - and travel to the next tournament where he would get a new cue - win - sell - travel. (Wash, rinse, repeat).

Nothing beats solid fundamentals, skill, and talent.

If "you" think a carbon fiber shaft makes the game easier, then it does.

Or god given talent that we don’t or won’t have.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't bet your last dollar poolguy4u. I will back Pat against you any day. Are you interested in setting something up?

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Yeah right...you're a thousand miles away and here I am ready to go.

Big talker. Bring your pocket book and your puppy.

heisenbug

Registered
I've just recently mode over to a revo shaft from a much cheaper Viper cue.

I really like the better equipment. There is a clear difference in quality and the biggest thing for me is the consistency of the hit. I’ve been pocketing more balls, and I’ve been able to consistently put spin on the cue ball. I've also been able to put more spin on the ball. This may partially be the placebo effect, but recently I drew a ball across the table from the other side of the table. I’d never been able to put draw on a ball that far away before.

I feel that with my old viper cue I missed a shot in one of four ways. 1) I aimed incorrectly, 2) Mechanically, I hit the ball in a place that I wasn’t aiming, 3) I wasn’t adjusting for inconsistencies with the balls or table, 4) my equipment was inconsistent in hitting the ball.

I feel with the revo, I’ve reduced and mitigated #4 so that it is a much less significant part of my game. When I miss where I was aiming at, it’s now almost always due to a mechanics error.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The great Willie Mosconi never heard of a Carbon Fibre Shaft, I would take Willie's skill over any piece of equiptment.

And if Willie were playing today, I'm pretty sure he would be playing with some brand of CF shaft. Willie followed the golden rule.:wink:

Last edited:

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's see... what is the golden rule..? Is it, "do unto others, but do it first..?" or "He who has the Gold, makes the rules..?" or "Follow the Money"... What do you think is the Golden Rule of today...?

I'm sure all of the Good Players of Yesterday would do what Good Players do today, play with what they think is the best piece of equipment, for them...

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... what Good Players do today, play with what they think is the best piece of equipment, for them...
Yes, I agree with that, if you include the consideration of sponsorship money.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does deflection compare to the Revo?

Well deflection is a term that is typically used synonymously with cueball squirt, and refers to the tendency of the cueball to move offline when using English.

The Revo is a model of shaft produced by Predator know most for its innovative use of carbon fiber.

So that is how those two things compare.

Were you looking to compare two other things?

In a completely unrelated note, I’ve found that the quote button is enormously helpful when referring to previous statements.

Humorously,

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think my maple Katana shaft has better LD than my CF Jacoby Black.

Better equipment just removes equipment variables and places full onus on the player.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
ive used both and i like both but am old fashioned so stick with wood for me.

the c.f. shafts seemed good but did make it harder to do low spin shots for control and they play a big part in my game for cutting in balls.

what the top pro's use in any sport is completely irrelevant unless its garbage. as they get paid and get free equipment to use the brands in most cases.

even fishing guides get big discounts on their boats for the same reason, it helps sell the product.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only play with maple shafts original to the cues I buy- no excuses when I miss- here is a question for all: If all these CF and LD type shaft are better- why are people to this very day still paying $600/700/800 for OLD Tim Scruggs all plain wood Sneaky pete's? They ALL seem to sell almost immediately when offered here; or on e bay. Seems to me an all plain wood cue that probably has $40 in original material cost at most is very popular because people know it will get the job done very well. Save your money and just play the game!