Ideas for a 2 table 4 or 8 person tournament

calcuttaman

Pool Player
Silver Member
My buddy just finished his new house and put in 2 bar boxes. Does anyone have any ideas on good formats for tournaments for 4 or 8 people.

I've thought about round robins, traditional single and double elimination, rotating partners with 8 players. 8 players doing short races in a DE format wouldn't be to bad. Just looking for something to pass a few hours with friends.

Just looking for thoughts and ideas.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With that number of people and tables I would think that a short race 9 ball round robin would work best. Everyone gets the same number of games and should be fun.

Not really a race just a set number of games, maybe 3 per match, most total wins determines the overall winner.

Last edited:
200 a man...winner take all
Round robin is stupid. People playing v who can no longer win defeats purpose of competition.

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done a few tournaments in my Garage Mahal with a group of 8.

What we do is, a two man team-alternate shot double elimination tournament. We draw teams by putting eight peas in the bottle and each person pulls a number. 1-2 are a team, 3-4 are a team, and so on.

We all put in $25, with 65% to winner and 35% to second place. After the tournament we play $5/game singles.

I will cook a pork shoulder, and ask the others to bring a side dish. The wives come too, and we make it a party.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done a few tournaments in my Garage Mahal with a group of 8.

What we do is, a two man team-alternate shot double elimination tournament. We draw teams by putting eight peas in the bottle and each person pulls a number. 1-2 are a team, 3-4 are a team, and so on.

We all put in $25, with 65% to winner and 35% to second place. After the tournament we play $5/game singles.

I will cook a pork shoulder, and ask the others to bring a side dish. The wives come too, and we make it a party.

This works. Scotch doubles. All 8 are playing. No one getting board.

calcuttaman

Pool Player
Silver Member
Lots of good ideas so far. I myself like the scotch doubles but not sure if the other players would go for that.

Thanks for the ideas so far.