Bans

I would like to know also. Ideologist is one of the members who has the knowledge of cues, both modern and vintage and is willing to share it. He also does a lot for the billiard scene in the area he lives in. We need more like Ideologist here.

Yeah, he is one of the nice ones too. He was always really cool. When ever he had something for sale, his prices were really reasonable. I had a chance to obtain a Southwest shaft from him for $75 (IIRC), but thought it over too long (because I was not sure what I could use the shaft for). He gave me a really nice deal on a DP cue for $75 shipped. Just trying to make a point that he was always really cool.

Dude.....against the rules. Specifically.

Doesn't mean people don't do it. They simply don't talk about doing it.

Sigh....

I really could care less anymore. It would make no difference if I were to get banned for creating a new ID. A lot of members on this forum have said so many hurtful and nasty things over the years to me, and they were never banned. It seems like the rules do not apply to some on here.

The members would just have to try to find someone new to pick on.

At least I would have OBM to post all of my stupid thoughts (questions) on.

Last edited:
Justin, what makes you think you could hide your identity?
...who else writes multi-tautological posts?

Lol, I do not know how I could hide. I guess the way I write is just way too recognizable. It was just something I did one night after that thread was created about me (the one that was deleted), when I was feeling really upset over a lot of the members comments.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really could care less anymore. It would make no difference if I were to get banned for creating a new ID. A lot of members on this forum have said so many hurtful and nasty things over the years to me, and they were never banned. It seems like the rules do not apply to some on here.

Justin, I'm generally sympathetic to your plight but I don't believe for a minute that being banned would make no difference to you. If you were indifferent you wouldn't continue posting.

Justin, I'm generally sympathetic to your plight but I don't believe for a minute that being banned would make no difference to you. If you were indifferent you wouldn't continue posting.

I always loved this forum. Many very interesting stories, and interesting posts to read. OBM info/discussion board is not nearly as interesting (mostly just people asking about their cues, and looking to ID their cues, and other stuff related to cues). Never any really interesting stories to read, about players, and history of the game, and players, so yeah, I would be sad if I were to get banned, and could only be a lurker, without being able to reply. Not that my stupid replies mean anything, but I enjoy replying to threads. So, yeah, I guess it really would suck if I were to get banned. I have not found any other really interesting billiard related forums.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that my stupid replies mean anything, but I enjoy replying to threads.

While I do understand why some of your posts might be a little tiresome maybe to some of the guys, I also think you are selling yourself short. You have more insight than you realize about lots of aspects of the game, especially cues.

While I do understand why some of your posts might be a little tiresome maybe to some of the guys, I also think you are selling yourself short. You have more insight than you realize about lots of aspects of the game, especially cues.

Thanks a lot, but I understand that compared to a lot of other guys on this forum, my insight into cues is laughable in comparison. They speak a language (about cues, and cue making equipment, and a lot of other things that are pool related) that I do not even understand.

I am also clueless about the players, and the pool scene.

All of these other guys know so much about what is going on, and have so much info to add to the forum.

I just have nothing but a lot of questions, lol.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Vocabulary or Tatas. In which direction will this thread go?

I’m going with vocabulary...
...tapas can be nice to look at...who the hell wants to talk about them?

Sooo...referiring to the original title...is the term “ban” properly used on AZ?
...you can ‘ban’ actions....you can ‘bar’ people.
...what confuses me is the virtual situation....
..so if a poster does something ‘bannable’...is he not being ‘barred’?

pt...high school dropout...needs to learn

PoppaSaun

Banned
I’m going with vocabulary...
...tapas can be nice to look at...who the hell wants to talk about them?

Sooo...referiring to the original title...is the term “ban” properly used on AZ?
...you can ‘ban’ actions....you can ‘bar’ people.
...what confuses me is the virtual situation....
..so if a poster does something ‘bannable’...is he not being ‘barred’?

pt...high school dropout...needs to learn

I think the action of posting on the board is banned. The person is not barred from reading AZB.