does anyone know where i can get a limbsaver x-1?

9ballprodigy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i checked with SVL and they dont even make them anymore. i really liked the hit of my cue with the thing one, but my x-1 started to melt (i guess it occurs, with certain humidity conditions).

Anyone have one lying in a drawer somewhere? i know it doesn't do much for performance, but i like the feel of a "dull" hit.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i checked with SVL and they dont even make them anymore. i really liked the hit of my cue with the thing one, but my x-1 started to melt (i guess it occurs, with certain humidity conditions).

Anyone have one lying in a drawer somewhere? i know it doesn't do much for performance, but i like the feel of a "dull" hit.

I did a little looking into things for you and it seems as if they are obsolete? I take that to mean that they are no longer produced, and, as a result, only available while supplies across the world remain.

I got that information here: http://www.pro9.co.uk/html/theproshop/main.php?P=product&pid=CUEX0002

They do have a "Contact Us" section. It may be worth trying this option, as they may be able to direct you as to where to go.

I did try eBay, and found one user who actually sold one, still in the package, back in March. I'm not sure exactly when they were discontinued. I imagine it was either not that long ago, or perhaps this person just had one lying around, and decided to sell it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Billiards-...cue-stick-stabilizer-Model-25101/183098919511

You may wish to reach out to them as well, and see if they have another one lying around that they wish to part with. I've also had a pleasant experience with an online store on eBay. This store is a dealer, and was one of the few places I could find the tips I wanted for my cue at a reasonable price. While on eBay, check with joerackem. I couldn't find any in their store myself. But, they have decent customer service, and may be able to direct you the right way. Hope this helps you get started.

9ballprodigy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a little looking into things for you and it seems as if they are obsolete? I take that to mean that they are no longer produced, and, as a result, only available while supplies across the world remain.

I got that information here: http://www.pro9.co.uk/html/theproshop/main.php?P=product&pid=CUEX0002

They do have a "Contact Us" section. It may be worth trying this option, as they may be able to direct you as to where to go.

I did try eBay, and found one user who actually sold one, still in the package, back in March. I'm not sure exactly when they were discontinued. I imagine it was either not that long ago, or perhaps this person just had one lying around, and decided to sell it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Billiards-...cue-stick-stabilizer-Model-25101/183098919511

You may wish to reach out to them as well, and see if they have another one lying around that they wish to part with. I've also had a pleasant experience with an online store on eBay. This store is a dealer, and was one of the few places I could find the tips I wanted for my cue at a reasonable price. While on eBay, check with joerackem. I couldn't find any in their store myself. But, they have decent customer service, and may be able to direct you the right way. Hope this helps you get started.

Thanks for all the help!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Interesting. What kind of cue do you have?

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
I have one that's brand new and still in the package but being honest, I don't think I want to let it go.
You can shoot me a PM and at the very least I might be able to help you find another one.

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't read all of the responses (sorry( but the title got me to thinking that it sounds very similar in name to what is used on a crossbow so you might look at Academy sporting goods for one and see if it can be modified, and I think they were also maid for long barrel rifles to help stabilize the barrel.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I had one that I used for a little while. I know I didn’t give it away or sell it, but I don’t
know what ever happened to it. I got to thinking after I read this thread. There’s a bunch
of Limbsavers on Amazon though none of them are made for a pool cue, but the look
like they could be easily modified for a pool cue.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I didn't read all of the responses (sorry( but the title got me to thinking that it sounds very similar in name to what is used on a crossbow so you might look at Academy sporting goods for one and see if it can be modified, and I think they were also maid for long barrel rifles to help stabilize the barrel.

Same company. They made all kinds of Limbsavers for various sports. The Limbsaver X-1 was specific for pool & billiard cues.

Freddie <~~~ ANYKTROTS

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have one that's brand new and still in the package but being honest, I don't think I want to let it go.
You can shoot me a PM and at the very least I might be able to help you find another one.

Since yours is in the package, can you tell us how they changed out the connection for different cues? It's been 15 years, and I have one assembled, but not on a cue, and I guess I'm so dumb I can't remember how it ever hooked up to my cue.

Freddie <~~~ CRS

mjkeil62

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9ballprodigy do you know which configuration of Limbsaver X-1 you need? I had one laying around still in the package and just put it on a Madden cue last week to try but haven't yet. It just threads into the weight bolt. I picked it up on eBay about a year ago. Looking at the paperwork there are two types of threaded configurations and a expanding collet configuration. They then break them down further into fifteen different models depending on thread size. The one I have is SKU model 25101. Says it fits Adams Balabuska, Challenger, Jackson, old McDermott, Nova, and Schon cues. If yours just threads into the weight bolt let me know what thread size it is and if it matches you can have the one I have.

mjkeil62

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also if you need to know which moel you need let me know what cue you ate using this in so I can maybe let you know which one you need.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Since yours is in the package, can you tell us how they changed out the connection for different cues? It's been 15 years, and I have one assembled, but not on a cue, and I guess I'm so dumb I can't remember how it ever hooked up to my cue.

Freddie <~~~ CRS

There were a series of plastic plugs with the different thread types. A threaded bolt connected the plastic threaded sleeve to the X-1. There was also an expanding insert for cues that didn’t have a threaded rubber bumper.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Freddie <~~~ CRS

https://web.archive.org/web/2006031...imbsaver/svlproducts/billiards/billiards.aspx

Cue Stick Vibration can cause the tip to wander, greatly decreasing accuracy.
With such, um, accurate marketing claims, its a shock to me that they are not still available for sale! I mean really, who the fook knew they needed to stop cue vibration BEFORE the shot for accuracy's sake. :thumbup:

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
9ballprodigy do you know which configuration of Limbsaver X-1 you need? I had one laying around still in the package and just put it on a Madden cue last week to try but haven't yet. It just threads into the weight bolt. I picked it up on eBay about a year ago. Looking at the paperwork there are two types of threaded configurations and a expanding collet configuration. They then break them down further into fifteen different models depending on thread size. The one I have is SKU model 25101. Says it fits Adams Balabuska, Challenger, Jackson, old McDermott, Nova, and Schon cues. If yours just threads into the weight bolt let me know what thread size it is and if it matches you can have the one I have.

nice gesture!
mine is model #25133 and has collets for screw-in or push-in bumper type cues

mjkeil62

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that the collet type is what I needed when I bought this one but not sure. The one on my Dale Chilton cue is kind of beat up and I was looking to replace it. Does anyone know which model he used? And also how to get it off? I've tried with no luck. Thanks, Mike

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I think that the collet type is what I needed when I bought this one but not sure. The one on my Dale Chilton cue is kind of beat up and I was looking to replace it. Does anyone know which model he used? And also how to get it off? I've tried with no luck. Thanks, Mike

Does it still have the X1 logo on the bottom of the bumper? If so, pull it out. It will expose a hole in the bumper. Inside that hole is a threaded screw that goes into an insert.