GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Welcome back. As for negative posters. Ignore them. They come back like a bad habit. Ignore them. You are one of the positive posting members here. Stick around and have fun.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very glad to hear about your teaming up with BeCue. I've had plenty of very enjoyable conversations with Alessandro, top notch customer service and a very nice product to boot. I was one of the early customers (before there was even a Prime shaft on the market), and I'm glad they managed to improve after that.

Please make sure to post as many videos of what you can do with the BeCue as soon as you can (especially those power draws for comparison purposes ;) ), I can't wait to see you give it all it can handle.
Oh, and welcome back.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very glad to hear about your teaming up with BeCue. I've had plenty of very enjoyable conversations with Alessandro, top notch customer service and a very nice product to boot. I was one of the early customers (before there was even a Prime shaft on the market), and I'm glad they managed to improve after that.

Please make sure to post as many videos of what you can do with the BeCue as soon as you can (especially those power draws for comparison purposes ;) ), I can't wait to see you give it all it can handle.
Oh, and welcome back.
Are the current BeCue shafts slicker than the early versions? Not a glove fan and Be that i tried wasn't as slick as say the Revo.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are the current BeCue shafts slicker than the early versions? Not a glove fan and Be that i tried wasn't as slick as say the Revo.

Not sure if the question was directed at me, but I haven't had the chance to try any BeCue after the one I had over a year ago. But yeah, that white paint that was on the 5.1 shaft left a lot to be desired in terms of slickness. Marek can probably shed some light on what the situation with newer BeCues is now.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Welcome back to a valued member of the forum. Congrats on reaching your goal of a 700 Fargo rating.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I got a "go" from BeCue to spill the beans about their upcoming shaft - Prime-M. ;) First of all - the finish of Prime-M is basically the same as that of Revo - no white coating, just black carbon. Also my thoughts on Prime-M are based upon my experience with the shaft alone as i have uniloc version for my testing,i havent tested the whole Becue butt + Prime-M combo yet. As the only cue with uniloc i own is my BK3 thats the combo I am testing now.

Btw I discussed this topic with one poster here in private few days back so I will copy my review of Prime-M from that discussion here:

My thoughts on Prime-M shaft are these:
1) deflection of Prime-M is even slightly lower than that of Revo,that difference can be felt only with extreme english combined with harder shot,otherwise both Revo and Prime-M perform in similar way (nearly zero deflection)
2) energy transfer - very similar,with Revo getting maybe a slight edge over Prime-M,but I cant say so with 100% certainty as my BK3 is lighter than my Predator 8k on which i have Revo with radial joint so the comparison is not exactly precise; when i experimented with weight of my 8k I started light and then I added some weight to the butt which improved the ability of Revo to "penetrate" cueball; i expect similar effect with Prime-M where Becue butt is definitely heavier than that of BK3; I guess CF shafts need little more weight than wood to get that right punch for me;)
3) stroke comfort - here i give definitely nod to Prime-M over Revo, 12mm Prime-M is clearly easier on my fingers than 12.9mm Revo and somehow i like the taper of Prime-M slightly better as well and that says a lot because otherwise I am very happy with the taper of 12.9mm Revo; also due to smaller diameter it is easier to play shots off the rail or jacked-up
4) feedback/hit - Revo vs Becue are little bit different but I have learnt that if you put the same Revo shaft on different butts you get different feedback, but yeah - its a carbon hit:thumbup:; probably the biggest difference in sound feedback being when both shafts touch a ball from the side - while Revo sounds rather glass-like Becue sounds little bit like plastic. But thats about it.
All in all i am greatly impressed by Prime-M. I would go as far as to say that if you prefer 12mm over diameters of 12.4mm or even 12.9mm (Revo) then Prime-M is definitely better choice than Revo.

That was my review before I received the sponsorships offer from Becue. And honestly if I wasnt fully convinced that Prime-M will allow me to play the way I wanted I definitely wouldnt have accepted that offer. ;)
Hopefully this helps :)
Great reply. Thanx

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you'll make a great team with Becue and I wish you to enjoy the journey in reaching the new goals, Marek ;)

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there,
one month ago I decided to take a time-out from azb forums, originally I planned it to be for 2 weeks, in the end I needed little bit more time to come back. I guess I was too much invested emotionally here so I let some things to get on my nerves, thats why I needed a rest in the first place. I realized that I would have to choose carefully threads where I post and posters to whom I reply to save my sanity :thumbup:
Anyway there are two updates about my pool journey and I am quite enthusiastic about both of them:
1) After the last Eurotour stop in Leende my FargoRate jumped up by 10 points to 703:eek::grin-devilish: So one of my main goals for this year has been achieved. I know, its only a number but still I enjoy crossing that 700ish border anyway :thumbup:
2) Today I signed a sponsorship contract with BeCue;) My relationship with Becue has been always top notch, but while their cues being of high quality they were not the exact match for my needs. About 3 weeks ago I recieved a package from Becue with many items to test. I cant go into the detail here for the time being but I can say that I was really impressed! I definitely knew that Becue guys were going towards the right direction but I didnt know that they have already arrived to the point where their products and myself are VERY compatible with each other :eek::thumbup: So when I recieved the equipment sponsorship offer from Becue this week I didnt hesitate for too long. :)
I guess all that work and time I put into my training and travelling to expensive tournaments is starting to pay off ;)

Marek,

Great to have you back. I really enjoyed your posts. Grats on the 700+ rating! I've gone the other direction haha!

KMRUNOUT

wibo

Registered
is the difference between the prime and the primeM just omitting the color or are there any other differences? I have been playing the 5.1 without color for 13 months

wibo

Registered
i also asked BeCue and the answer was:

principal diference is carbon finish and not paint

- Prime-More choice 12,0mm or 12,5mm on the tip
- Prime-More options Uniloc, Radial, Blank to use with other butt
- Prime-More control the new finiture give you more shaft control
- Prime-More feeling the new finiture give you more feeling on with the cue
- Prime-More fluency, very smooth, no stickt problem
- Prime-More confidence is the total resoult
- Prime-More easy to take care of it, just alchool and the shaft is like new.
- More spin in the shot, we did a little chance on the carbon fiber that give more power in the shots.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the main difference is that Prime-M has considerably reduced deflection in comparison to Prime which was the main factor in my decision to accept the sponsorship offer from Becue ;)

Did they explain this? They must have made some changes other than the finish in order to claim lower deflection. I know they offer 12 and 12.5 tip diameter in Prime M, but I thought the original Prime was 12 already.

They also have a jump cue out now. Looks nice.