Biggest surprise (On finish) at SBE

calcuttaman

Pool Player
Silver Member
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten out there already! This was posted on Facebook late Saturday night...

Unfortunately, Sergio Rivas had to forfeit out of the 12 and under division at the Super Billiard Expo because he has a conflict tomorrow morning. That conflict is that he's still in the Top 16 of the Amateur Division (1000 players)!!! Representin Wisconsin!

Check his finish HERE

3/4th is pretty amazing!!!!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep.. got to watch him play in the semi's. My friend said how would you like to match up with him for the cheese thinking your playing some 12 year old and it's in the bag haha There are some kids that play down right scary. I love watching skyler play ( won the junior amateur last year) kid plays so smooth. He will definitely be in the pro arena very soon.

#Cruncher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the low down on how this 12 year old went so far. His dad is a millionaire and was bribing his opponents to take a dive. The bribes started out at 500 and got up to 5000 towards the end. The semi-final opponent couldn't be bought out!

(I better make the disclaimer that this was a joke, cuz some people will believe anything)

Seriously though, in the short race format, its nice to see some over achieve and reach for the stars. Some day this kid will be great!

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the low down on how this 12 year old went so far. His dad is a millionaire and was bribing his opponents to take a dive. The bribes started out at 500 and got up to 5000 towards the end. The semi-final opponent couldn't be bought out!

(I better make the disclaimer that this was a joke, cuz some people will believe anything)

I heard that too.

killerstroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dad making bribes - WTF

I have never seen the kid play and he may be great. If he does I hope he makes it as a pro someday. First, dad must not have enough confidence in his own son to win with his own talent. This is not the way we are learn winning and loosing. Makes me question, Is the kid a spoiled brat when his way is not bought. Second, if dad is bribing players, IMO there is no room for this. He should be banned from the tournamnet indefinately. Why do people think this is ok?

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the guy above was joking. They certainly didn't look like a family that could bank roll all those bribes. Plus why would you do it anyway for a 5000 dollar pay out.

JC

Coos Cues

Seriously though, in the short race format, its nice to see some over achieve and reach for the stars. Some day this kid will be great!

Sure enough even with the disclaimer......................

LMAO@killerstroke!!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
and that means what? if it is true we should be fine with bribes to win a major tournament? lol You have seen what payoffs have done to boxing right?

We are BS'n and someone is falling vbehind.

WHat did the playoffs do to boxing anyway?

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so you were calling bs on it to? The vagueness of your post sounded like you thought it was fine.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
OK Guys,

I played Sergio Saturday night to reach the final 16.
Give the young man his due credit. He plays GREAT!!!!!! I sure as hell didn't let him beat me. He did that by playing like a champion. My reward for losing was second in the Super Seniors. My pain has eased. Now I only have to look forward to all the local jokes about me losing to a twelve year old:embarrassed2:.

Lyn

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
and that means what? if it is true we should be fine with bribes to win a major tournament? lol You have seen what payoffs have done to boxing right?
quote:

Seriously though, in the short race format, its nice to see some over achieve and reach for the stars. Some day this kid will be great! end quote

I think you should first re-read the post above, you're slamming and then reconsider your analogy concerning boxing. I think most people would be happy to see pool as popular and profitable as boxing. When it comes to money, pool ranks somewhere between lawnmower racing and badminton.

Banks

Banned
Any videos of the dad paying off?:p

I found a picture of the dad sweating his son's action. Word on the street is that he made bigger payoffs deeper into the bracket. The dad, whose name is Jason or Stanley, may take his son on trips to Rhode Island or Idaho. ;)

Dad.jpg

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I have never seen the kid play and he may be great. If he does I hope he makes it as a pro someday. First, dad must not have enough confidence in his own son to win with his own talent. This is not the way we are learn winning and loosing. Makes me question, Is the kid a spoiled brat when his way is not bought. Second, if dad is bribing players, IMO there is no room for this. He should be banned from the tournamnet indefinately. Why do people think this is ok?

please telll me that you don't vote.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The other guy was kidding.