POOL PROS WANTED - Need help identifying my new pool table

sneetch

Hello! Thanks for clicking. I just recently acquired this pool table from a friend but have no idea what brand it is. It came with no hardware, no brand name stickers or indentations, and nothing else I could identify it by. Was hoping someone here might know a thing or two about a thing or two. Here's what I do know:

-one of the side panels reads "Serial Code S 67391"
-disassembled by a professional
-originally purchased in the late 70's or early 80's
-3 piece slate (or slateron)
-8 foot in length
-has plastic/rubber pockets
-had green felt
-all wooden frame
-may have been purchased somewhere in Colorado

I have attached pictures with some hopes that someone may recognize the craftsmanship because extensive google research and looking at every angle of this table for a brand name has left me at a dead end. Please feel free to ask any clarifying questions. Thanks to all who stop by!

Attachments

• IMG_3443-min.jpg
    IMG_3443-min.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_3446-min.jpg
    IMG_3446-min.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_3451-min.jpg
    IMG_3451-min.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_3452-min.jpg
    IMG_3452-min.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_3453-min.jpg
    IMG_3453-min.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's the "Disposable" model pool table, manufacturered by "Sucker Billiards LLC". Seen them before, after selling the hardware for what they can get, they throw away what's left.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sneetch,

Your "friend" has given you a great deal of incorrect information. In particular, the dates of manufacture are undoubtedly incorrect. What you actually have is one of the earliest prototypes of the as yet secret Diamondo Super Pro Competiton X-Factor Tournament Grandee. The give-away to the identity of this engineering marvel is the judicious use of the #2 Com, KD SYP structural components and the all new "short block" cross connecting anchor plates. Quite rare.

You, Sir, are a very fortunate man...with this one exception. This table is protected by a court ordered, binding non-disclosure agreement. Your post has exposed years of carefully guarded product R & D. Our attorneys will be contacting you post haste and forthwith.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like something from Monkey Ward or Sears. At least you claim that it had a slate top. I don't see it in any pics. Is it 1/2" slate? Wait a second. I now see the name Slatron. That is impregnated wood if I remember correctly from the old Ads that Sears ran for their pool tables. It was like high end particle board. It's okay for a kid's toy table but not for playing real pool unfortunately.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello! Thanks for clicking. I just recently acquired this pool table from a friend but have no idea what brand it is. It came with no hardware, no brand name stickers or indentations, and nothing else I could identify it by. Was hoping someone here might know a thing or two about a thing or two. Here's what I do know:

-one of the side panels reads "Serial Code S 67391"
-disassembled by a professional
-originally purchased in the late 70's or early 80's
-3 piece slate (or slateron)
-8 foot in length
-has plastic/rubber pockets
-had green felt
-all wooden frame
-may have been purchased somewhere in Colorado

I have attached pictures with some hopes that someone may recognize the craftsmanship because extensive google research and looking at every angle of this table for a brand name has left me at a dead end. Please feel free to ask any clarifying questions. Thanks to all who stop by!
I don't see craftmanship i see firewood.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the forum. As with any online forum, you have the most passionate people for a particular topic. Pool is most of our lifelong obsessions so we tend to gravitate toward the best equipment and tables.

Although its not clear what exact table you have here, the construction and materials show that its not a top quality table. A table with these construction methods and material can frequently be picked up for a couple hundred dollars on Facebook or Craigslist. Its not uncommon to find a table like this for free if you can pick it up. Pool tables are hard to sell and have a small market. Since your table is missing the hardware, you may spend hundreds trying to track down all the pieces you need, possibly never finding them.

If you are interested in having a table, I would suggest you look on CL or Facebook and you can find a table in this "range" that is complete for 2-300 dollars. From there you can see if you enjoy the game enough to then spend a few thousand on a table that us "enthusiasts" prefer.

Ian

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
Kudos to you Ian for the thoughtful response.

This guy comes on here, probably new to the pool world, and excited to find out more about this table. A bunch of shitty responses is what he receives, and one from a guy who’s supposed to be promoting this game with his super glue and all worldly table mechanics knowledge.

How hard is it to just be respectful and helpful? I’ve helped total strangers on this site, for years, people I’ve never met, gone out of my way to assist with cues, contacts, whatever, and then I come on and read this crap.

Just once try to imagine it was you asking for help before you hit the send button with a snide useless remark.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Slatetron...that's something they use to market on cheap sears pool tables. It was not slate by any means...just a higher density wood.
It's not a high end table or anywhere close. When new, maybe, just maybe $600

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This guy comes on here, probably new to the pool world, and excited to find out more about this table. A bunch of shitty responses is what he receives, and one from a guy who’s supposed to be promoting this game with his super glue and all worldly table mechanics knowledge.

How hard is it to just be respectful and helpful? I’ve helped total strangers on this site, for years, people I’ve never met, gone out of my way to assist with cues, contacts, whatever, and then I come on and read this crap.

Just once try to imagine it was you asking for help before you hit the send button with a snide useless remark.

This is a pool players forum not sewing with Nancy.
Pool players give and fade heat.
I think it's a Noneya brand table.

sneetch

Hey guys! Thanks to all who commented! No hard feelings at all I got some good laughs and good information. With that being said, I know this table is nothing near tournament quality, however for me and my buddies on the weekend to shoot around I think this may just work if i can get it assembled (or until I can save up for a nice table).

SO would a trip to Home Depot or Lowes for some bolts and screws get this table play-ready or would my time and effort be better spent looking into another table. I was going to buy one for the house here soon anyways but will probably re-locating in the next year or so.....so that $200-$300 range was what I would've spent on a table that I may not get to take with me when I move.

Thanks for any additional help!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

You know what, I'm honest, I'm not going to tell someone they have something of value when it's a pile of junk. You'd be suprised at how many people apprieste the truth, instead of being lied to, just to not upset their feelings.

I help people from all over the world with what I do for a living, and I do it for free. Here's a request from a person I just spent an hour with, explaining how to fix the cloth on his pool table, so take your kindergarten play ground monitor advice and stick it!!

Simon Hancock <simon@lesrochers.com>
Attachments
12:00 (12 minutes ago)
to hancock1, hancock.1

Dear Glen,
My name would you believe is also Hancock and I live in the Italian Alps.
I am also an ex SBS (UK Regiment) soldier.
I have registered on the AZbilliard forum but am still waiting for confirmation in order to be able to post on the forum. This is the reason I am writing directly to you.
I have an 8ft Brunswick Santa Fe table that is 19 years old.
I have had it recovered twice with simonis cloth and both time the installers made a mess with the stretching of the cloth.
My superspeed cushions were shot so I bought some Artemis International 66 (K55 profile) and I decided to install them myself this time.
I re-levelled and filled my slate ,sanded,stained and varnished the top rails.
The covering of the rails with Simonis 860 cloth went well but the covering of the bed cloth with Simonis 860 not so well.
I bought the Simonis installation dvd and followed it with a slight variation.
When I was stretching the cloth to my stretch index line near the side pocket i was getting big fold lines and could not eliminate them when doing the vertical stretch. I ended up stretching here and their until they came out. The result is some shadow lines as shown in the attached images.
Is it possible to remove some staples and let the cloth go a bit to remove the shadows and if so where would you recommend me to do this?
Regards,
Simon Hancock
www.lesrochers.com

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome to the asylum sneetch.

My .02, if you spend any time playing on that table it will become clear that you are going to want something more substantial (even if it’s just you and your buddies banging balls around).