NEW Mezz line....................

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the lock up is very good, can also use some OB shafts (5/16x14). I don't know how different the wavy would be.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the lock up is very good, can also use some OB shafts (5/16x14). I don't know how different the wavy would be.
I have a AXI now and i like it because i have a 12.8 HybridPro(original version) shaft. The drawback to the Wavy is not that many shafts are avail. in that thread and not many cuemakers have the tap cause its so expensive. Mezz(of course), OB and GoCustoms offer Wavy thread shafts that i know of.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice, finally a super tiny ferrule, I gotta pick one of these up.

I cannot see a ferrule over there and I might like the hit because my current playing shaft has just a fiber vault plate too. Good to see them offering a ferrule less shaft too.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I cannot see a ferrule over there and I might like the hit because my current playing shaft has just a fiber vault plate too. Good to see them offering a ferrule less shaft too.

There's a tiny sliver of a ferrule, it looks absolutely perfect for me.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a tiny sliver of a ferrule, it looks absolutely perfect for me.
When it comes to a construction I have my guess;). Anyway I like the look too and those who had good experience playing with a ferrule less shaft I believe may like this shaft. The time will tell.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The specs for the WX-Σ shaft say it has an "XJ Plate Ferrule." From the picture, it looks like the ferule is just a little over 2 mm long.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely no explanation is given as to the playability of the new W Sigma shafts, as opposed to all their other shaft offerings where there is at least a brief paragraph playability explanation. I also see it comes with that Kamui original soft tip. In my opinion, far inferior to any of the Zan tips. I was told by Mezz that the only reason they don’t offer Zan tips as standard on all their shafts is due to limititations of Zan not being able to guarantee availability to be able to provide Mezz with enough tips to use on the entire Mezz shaft line.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If a person is playing with wood shafts, Mezz shafts that have almost no ferrule are the nuts.

IMO, they are the best "wood" production shafts on the market, bar NONE.

If I wasn't sold on CF, I would be using Mezz and pechauer.

BTW, IMO...Mezz dropped the ball in their CF shafts. They did the very same thing Jacoby and almost every other production cue company did and was afraid to concentrate on "performance" and gave way to the "hit"...

Most CF players aren't worried about the hit or sound etc...etc....most of us worry only about performance.

On the other hand, there are some CF users that don't care so much about the low deflection part but, go with shafts like ignite due to consistency of hit, feel and durability but, still has enough deflection so, they can adjust quickly from maple shafts.

But, like I said, the cues your talking about, paired with the no ferrule Mezz shaft is EXTREMELY hard to beat.

Cant go wrong with mezz,

Jeff

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely no explanation is given as to the playability of the new W Sigma shafts, as opposed to all their other shaft offerings where there is at least a brief paragraph playability explanation. I also see it comes with that Kamui original soft tip. In my opinion, far inferior to any of the Zan tips. I was told by Mezz that the only reason they don’t offer Zan tips as standard on all their shafts is due to limititations of Zan not being able to guarantee availability to be able to provide Mezz with enough tips to use on the entire Mezz shaft line.

Zan Med. is all I use, great tip.

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
I like this new line. Mezz cues look to me like a great balance between a traditional and modern aesthetic, and the tech seems first rate. I don't see anything that I suspect to be a gimmick. Overall, a fine example of excellent Japanese craftsmanship and intelligent R&D. If I felt the need to move up the tech ladder from my standard Schmelke, Mezz would be my first stop.