Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit
Page 54 of 102 « First 444525354 555664 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#796)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

02-16-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
The run started before the normal opening hours but from my personal experience, there was no problem getting in early to watch. Whether that satisfies one's concept of "open to the public" is up to the one.
Bob, did the room advertise or post a notice of the days and times John would be there making high-run attempts?

js626?? Where are the witnesses?
Old
  (#797)
xradarx
AzB Silver Member
xradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond reputexradarx has a reputation beyond repute

js626?? Where are the witnesses? - 02-16-2020, 02:52 PM

There were eight(8) signers of the affidavit that witnessed the event. None of whom have cared enough about their attendance, to admit to having been there for any or all of the event. The main participant, being none other than JS, again not one peep, to his peeps or to any other poster here. Some have posted hearsay from the main player, but yet again, nothing from JS. Not even a peep from the owner/witness, James Foster, Jr. Not even a peep from the Desmonds, Doug/Cecelia. One poster did repeat some hearsay from Felicity Schmidt that had been posted on Facebook. No admission from any of them that they, in fact, witnessed the entire run. How did the other four get into the Business for the event. Leftovers from 12:00PM Sunday night. I can believe that the business owner would have let well known regular customers into the business prior to the business opening. Who were they and where have they been for 10 months?

At least DH has made his considerations known. Speaks well for him. At least, he cares what players think about the lack of participation. Nothing can be said favorably for JS peeps. All they can say is Why, What, Who, and he said it so I must believe it, repeat, Why, What, Who, and he said it so I must believe it, repeat....etc.. Tiring, it is, Kemosabe. Sometimes, you just have to go straight to the horses mouth to get to the truth. So who will be the horses' mouth? Why disparage Mosconi. His record is safely imbedded in time. He has no horse in this race.

Last edited by xradarx; 02-16-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Old
  (#798)
asbani
AzB Silver Member
asbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond reputeasbani has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 498

02-16-2020, 03:15 PM

Yo Danny, I agree with you but posting in the forums wonít help, I recommend creating a YouTube video addressing the concern, thatís all you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old
  (#799)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
02-16-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbani View Post
Yo Danny, I agree with you but posting in the forums wonít help, I recommend creating a YouTube video addressing the concern, thatís all you can do.

That would be awesome.

I heard he has a Navy buddy who knows video.

So keep your nose clean keep it on a shoe string
With no opposing no undue disclosing
Nothing stale nothing old or decomposing
Nothing empty nothing bold or over knowing
Nothing more than tasteful reconstruction
Of the plot that edifies all our instructions
It's on the goodness of our dime that you can function

Ok
Old
  (#800)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

Ok - 02-16-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:

I do find it rather interesting that there are many others - who agree with me - even that their hidden video may be non legit. I know the guy and have competed against him, you learn alot bout a person when competing against them. schmidtty is a coward with a carbon fibre cue in his hand. That is really all I can say bout him. I think it's accurate as well.

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter.

Old
  (#801)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-16-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
Bob, did the room advertise or post a notice of the days and times John would be there making high-run attempts?
The range of dates was advertised but I'm not sure that the exact days were available more than 24 hours in advance. When I went to Easy Street to watch, I called a few days ahead to make sure John would be there. I think the dates/hours at Bull Shooters were more precise and set ahead of time. It's possible the info was on FacePlant -- I was not.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#802)
SBC
AzB Silver Member
SBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond reputeSBC has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2020, 01:23 AM

Quote:

Why doesn't Danny setup a gaff table like his nemesis and run 1,000?

Old
  (#803)
Klink
AzB Silver Member
Klink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

02-17-2020, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Why doesn't Danny setup a gaff table like his nemesis and run 1,000?

Because he canít run that many

Old
  (#804)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2020, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink View Post
Because he canít run that many

What's his high run?

Old
  (#805)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2020, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
The range of dates was advertised but I'm not sure that the exact days were available more than 24 hours in advance. When I went to Easy Street to watch, I called a few days ahead to make sure John would be there. I think the dates/hours at Bull Shooters were more precise and set ahead of time. It's possible the info was on FacePlant -- I was not.
Thanks for the clarification Bob.

Old
  (#806)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2020, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
9 of this world championships he had to beat only 1 player. Think I read somewhere..
you may know better

I'm sure he was a great player and one of the very best in 14.1.
But Skill is skill, again: what do you think he did better on the table than the top guys today?
what areas of the game of pool was he better at?
Not 14.1 only pool in general.

I give you the argument: maybe he was better than anyone in 14.1
anyone who's ever lived
Fine

But would he had been if the champions today were more dedicated to 14.1?
I don't think so.

The taiwanese players have the whole package
they are flawless in all departments

My point is that it only makes sense that the players who miss less, pocket better, focus better, have the cueball on the string and are extremely tough mentally, would naturally be as good or better than Mosconi playing ANY game (providing they put the hours playing every game)

I can beat a world 9-ball champion in One Pocket any day if said World champion has never played a game of One pocket before,

And I'm just a "short stop"!
but let the World Champion play the game enough and we would see if I keep liking it ...

Point taken on those championships won against a challenger.

As to what would happen if the champions of today dedicated themselves to 14.1 -- who knows, because Mosconi would have worked even harder to meet whatever the level of play was. He started out as a child prodigy, as a young man was on the road with the world champion, and then dominated the sport. He was relentless in his pursuit of perfection and I personally feel cream still rises to the top.

Lastly: so all these great players of today you speak of: what 14.1 championships are they consistently winning and what 14.1 events are they dominating?

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#807)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
Saul Goodman.

Is there a Tom Wirth of 14.1 moving around giving lessons? Someone that seems to know everything about the game?

I donít really think I can dedicate myself to it yet as Iím still enthralled by 1P and rotation. Iíve been telling myself to shelf the 1p but itís just so g-damn addicting. I love it.

I need my pool priorities in order and theyíve just been floating around in a miasma for the past year.

I've taken 14.1 lessons from Ray Martin and Dallas West.

Lou Figueroa
both were
great experiences

Old
  (#808)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

02-17-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
Yes, "he appears to have run 626 balls"..few are arguing that point. The major disagreement seems to be which, if any, "world record" has he broken, and who's? Some are claiming Mosconi's, others none. The answers can only be determined by and are completely dependent upon the "conditions" of his run as compared to the ones being claimed that he broke, there's no other way to make fair and reasonable judgements.

I would disagree.

I believe some of us care about the conditions concerning the run. And I'm not talking about pocket size, what kind of shaft or tip he used, nor the kind of balls. I'm talking about some of the issues that have been raised in this thread and for which I don't know definitive answers have been provided: frequent ball polishing, heated slate, vacuuming of the table, and other allegations concerning the table and run.

Because, then we're into territory where the run is questionable, at least to me, in terms of the conditions being artificially perfect -- much like the guy who recently broke the marathon record. If conditions were constructed to provide an artificial advantage not encountered in normal play then I think we're talking about a big asterisk. Otherwise, the next guy is going to wear a fan on his head to blow the balls into the pockets and its going to be OK.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#809)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

02-17-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pointer View Post
sorry lou , for not answering .
but i dont kno what to say .
of course i know danny .
thanks hope you are fine ....

Same to you, 4p.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#810)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute

02-17-2020, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
I would disagree.

I believe some of us care about the conditions concerning the run. And I'm not talking about pocket size, what kind of shaft or tip he used, nor the kind of balls. I'm talking about some of the issues that have been raised in this thread and for which I don't know definitive answers have been provided: frequent ball polishing, heated slate, vacuuming of the table, and other allegations concerning the table and run.

Because, then we're into territory where the run is questionable, at least to me, in terms of the conditions being artificially perfect -- much like the guy who recently broke the marathon record. If conditions were constructed to provide an artificial advantage not encountered in normal play then I think we're talking about a big asterisk. Otherwise, the next guy is going to wear a fan on his head to blow the balls into the pockets and its going to be OK.

Lou Figueroa
I tried that once but my hair got caught in the fan and it pulled my head thru the fan. Ruined my promising acting career. After that the only parts I could get were zombie movies.

Page 54 of 102 « First 444525354 555664 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: