Billiard digest
Old
  (#1)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Billiard digest - 04-06-2020, 06:09 PM

where can I get the issue with Dennis glenn on the cover

I want a few copies

Old
  (#2)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

04-06-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
where can I get the issue with Dennis glenn on the cover

I want a few copies
Uh.... They have a phone number.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#3)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Uh.... They have a phone number.
And a page on their website specifically devoted to back issues and how to get them.

Sent from the future.

Old
  (#4)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2020, 10:36 AM

I tried about 3-4 times to get some issues from them, not once have I received a reply from any contact email and the phone never seems to be picked up. Maybe they just don't like me but seems it is not easy getting things from them.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#5)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2020, 10:57 AM

i want this issue current issue

Old
  (#6)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

04-07-2020, 11:01 AM

hang-the-9...And I've had the exact opposite experience. I have gotten callbacks every time I left a message (remember, they are only in the office 1 day a week currently). I spoke with them last week about a subscription issue, and they immediately resolved it (I left a message...they called me back within an hour).

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
I tried about 3-4 times to get some issues from them, not once have I received a reply from any contact email and the phone never seems to be picked up. Maybe they just don't like me but seems it is not easy getting things from them.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#7)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2020, 11:11 AM

My experience has been just like Scott's. One of my issues was never coming and I called, they picked up, apologized for my issue not being delivered and immediately got a replacement in the mail.

Maybe you're right hang-the-nine …

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#8)
arnaldo
AzB Silver Member
arnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond reputearnaldo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-07-2020, 11:19 AM

I believe Bob's article on his experience at the recent Cali viewing of Schmidt's 626 run is in the April issue. Is that correct? Think I'll check at BD's website.

EDIT -- I just visited the Billiards Digest website at http://www.billiardsdigest.com and happened to see the following comprehensive article about the CoVid virus effects on recent major pro tournaments. It includes numerous comments by US and international professionals relating their dilemmas and their necessary decisions:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/new_n...le.php?id=1518

Arnaldo ~ (I didn't see any info on the BD website as to what's in the current (April) issue ergo whether Bob's 626 viewing is contained within. I'm certain however, that it's indeed in there as once indicated by Bob.)

“When the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you’re down to your reflexes. That’s where your roadwork shows . . . If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you’re gonna get found out now, under the bright lights.” – Joe “Smokin’ Joe” Frazier

Last edited by arnaldo; 04-07-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Old
  (#9)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnaldo View Post
I believe Bob's article on his experience at the recent Cali viewing of Schmidt's 626 run is in the April issue. Is that correct? Think I'll check at BD's website.

EDIT -- I just visited the Billiards Digest website at http://www.billiardsdigest.com and happened to see the following comprehensive article about the CoVid virus effects on recent major pro tournaments. It includes numerous comments by US and international professionals relating their dilemmas and their necessary decisions:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/new_n...le.php?id=1518

Arnaldo ~ (I didn't see any info on the BD website as to what's in the current (April) issue ergo whether Bob's 626 viewing is contained within. I'm certain however, that it's indeed in there as once indicated by Bob.)
Yes, Bob's article this month (the April issue of Billiards Digest) is "Watching the 626."

Old
  (#10)
PoolFan101
AzB Silver Member
PoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond reputePoolFan101 has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2020, 02:24 PM

I want to subscribe but the way I read it is that they offer only digital Copies , I want real magazine's .

Old
  (#11)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolFan101 View Post
I want to subscribe but the way I read it is that they offer only digital Copies , I want real magazine's .
You must have gotten to the wrong page or something. Here is the subscription page:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/new_subscribe/

It's $28/year. You get actual paper copies of the magazine mailed to you each month. A limited amount of the content is posted to the website.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#12)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
A limited amount of the content is posted to the website.
Do you know if your 626 article will be there?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#13)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member

04-07-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Do you know if your 626 article will be there?...
Probably won't be. It tends to be the editorials/current events stuff.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: