AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Amazing Anniversary & Centennial work going on during the lockdown

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
Lawnboy77
AzB Silver Member
Lawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond reputeLawnboy77 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-08-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolTable911 View Post
Sometimes Brunswick put whatever rails they had leftover on whatever table was being made at the time. That is what most likely what happened with this table. Mark has seen a few like this.
Yes I have also heard that back in the day a person could order upgraded Centennial rails for his, or her Anniversary. Both look gorgeous to me. It seems like I have read somewhere that the Brazilian Rosewood that Brunswick used back in the old days is not even available today.

Old
  (#77)
Ssonerai
AzB Silver Member
Ssonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond reputeSsonerai has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-08-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
It seems like I have read somewhere that the Brazilian Rosewood that Brunswick used back in the old days is not even available today.
It seems to me that the log ban from Brazil occurred during the late 70's but might have been a few years later. Basically a Brazillian law was passed that BRW logs and raw lumber could no longer be exported. It has to be part of a manufactured item.

Since that period, it has also been placed on the CITES 1 appendix internationally (most restrictive)

I imagine you can see some loopholes. And there was a small backlog of inventories in the USA that took a time frame to work through as it quickly became ever-more expensive. It can still be found, and like other commodities that have always been valuable, from time to time some shows up somewhere. Unfortunately very little would be of a size or quality to face rails with, anymore. The trees are (were?) big 3-4' diameter, but very little gets to the US. Probably more is burned for pasture to grow beef. Though China has no qualms about buying it up when possible.

smt

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: