Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Pechauer 11.8 CF weight and deflection?
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Pechauer 11.8 CF weight and deflection?
Old
  (#1)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Pechauer 11.8 CF weight and deflection? - 04-02-2020, 08:06 AM

I searched on here but didn't find any comparisons between the Pechauer 11.8 CF. I know that the deflection of the Predator z2/3 wooden shaft is nearly the same as a Revo 12.4 CF shaft, so that leads me to believe that it's possible that the Pechauer 11.8 CF could be lower... but is it? As far as the weight it would be nice to know for the 11.8.

I was hoping to guesstimate the deflection by picture, but Pechauer states they don't want to risk their NDA with the fabricator by showing the internals.... so that was a fail.

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post
I searched on here but didn't find any comparisons between the Pechauer 11.8 CF. I know that the deflection of the Predator z2/3 wooden shaft is nearly the same as a Revo 12.4 CF shaft, so that leads me to believe that it's possible that the Pechauer 11.8 CF could be lower... but is it? As far as the weight it would be nice to know for the 11.8.

I was hoping to guesstimate the deflection by picture, but Pechauer states they don't want to risk their NDA with the fabricator by showing the internals.... so that was a fail.
Deflection is all about shaft end mass. I don't see how a picture of a shaft would tell you anything. Being sub-12mm i would venture a guess that the deflection is pretty low. Not enough to worry about.

Old
  (#3)
Andrew Manning
Aspiring know-it-all
Andrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:

I have the 11.8, have been shooting with it since last fall, and I was shooting with a Z3 before that.

The deflection is as close to identical between the Z3 and the Rogue 11.8 as I can judge. I suppose one of them has to be lower than the other, but I can't tell which.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

If you knew what you didn't know, you wouldn't not know it. -Danny Diliberto

Old
  (#4)
336Robin
Dir Multiverse Earth Ops
336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute336Robin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

04-02-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Manning View Post
I have the 11.8, have been shooting with it since last fall, and I was shooting with a Z3 before that.

The deflection is as close to identical between the Z3 and the Rogue 11.8 as I can judge. I suppose one of them has to be lower than the other, but I can't tell which.
That's a great comparison though. I've never played with anything that small of a diameter. It's bound to be less than most other shafts.

"Let your "Stick" do the talking!"

336Robin
"Improve your shot making forever. !"

My Blog https://forums.azbilliards.com/blog.php?b=12238 [/B][/COLOR]

Old
  (#5)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2020, 09:06 AM

I posted this a couple months ago. The weight is about 3.5 oz.

Old
  (#6)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

04-02-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
I posted this a couple months ago. The weight is about 3.5 oz.
Thanks for the textural comparison.

Old
  (#7)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...

Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

04-03-2020, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Manning View Post

How does the 11.8 Rogue feel compared to the Z3?

Old
  (#8)
gregnice37
Bar Banger, Cue Collector
gregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond reputegregnice37 has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2020, 09:15 AM

My 11.8 rogue is 4.3oz with the 5/16x14 piloted speed joint.

My 12.4 Revo is 3.8oz with radial joint.

Old
  (#9)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member
BRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond reputeBRussell has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2020, 01:27 PM

I measured it with a more precise scale.

Pechauer Rogue 11.8 mm with radial joint: 3.82 oz
Jacoby Black also with radial joint: 3.77 oz

Old
  (#10)
AzB Silver Member

04-03-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I measured it with a more precise scale.

Pechauer Rogue 11.8 mm with radial joint: 3.82 oz
Jacoby Black also with radial joint: 3.77 oz
Thank you! That is what I'm looking for on the Rogue (the radial pin).

Old
  (#11)
JohnnyOzone
AzB Silver Member
JohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyOzone has a reputation beyond repute

04-03-2020, 02:30 PM

My Rogue 12.8 is 3.9 oz. My REVO 12.9 is 4.0
Bear in mind that the REVO 12.9 has less deflection than the 12.4, so the taper also has some effect on deflection. Pechauer's own website does not give any deflection data / comparison.

Walk among the living

Old
  (#12)
AzB Silver Member

04-03-2020, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOzone View Post
My Rogue 12.8 is 3.9 oz. My REVO 12.9 is 4.0
Bear in mind that the REVO 12.9 has less deflection than the 12.4, so the taper also has some effect on deflection. Pechauer's own website does not give any deflection data / comparison.
Where did you get the comparison between the REVO 12.9 and 12.4?

Old
  (#13)
BRussell
AzB Silver Member

04-03-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Where did you get the comparison between the REVO 12.9 and 12.4?
People have been saying that about the Revo 12.9 vs. 12.4. I don’t really believe it until I see something other than claims made on AZ, especially since the one thing we know for sure about deflection is that lower end mass = lower deflection, and the 12.4 tip should have lower end mass than 12.9. It could be true that the 12.9 has lower deflection than the 12.4, but most people “measure” deflection by taking a couple of shots and then making a grand pronouncement.

Old
  (#14)
AzB Silver Member

04-03-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
People have been saying that about the Revo 12.9 vs. 12.4. I don’t really believe it until I see something other than claims made on AZ, especially since the one thing we know for sure about deflection is that lower end mass = lower deflection, and the 12.4 tip should have lower end mass than 12.9. It could be true that the 12.9 has lower deflection than the 12.4, but most people “measure” deflection by taking a couple of shots and then making a grand pronouncement.
Yeh it could, I mean you never know until you know. I've only seen 1 video which was from Dr. Dave comparing the REVO 12.4mm to 3 other shafts. I've never disagreed with Dr. Dave's assessments, and even though he just uses a stroke for comparison, I have to believe his video is correct (and do).

I'm not trying to imply that you have to know weight, deflection, or any other numbers to play, but some people like to know these things. But making excuses for wanting to know these numbers is kind of ridiculous in the year 2020. You'd think that since it takes such a minimum amount of effort to find these numbers that the manufacturers would put them up themselves. If nothing else at all, it would give people things to debate and compare which would generate clicks (and considering the state of pool, that couldn't hurt). What's the excuse at this point in time for manufacturers not putting up numbers? Too cheap? Too ignorant (if so, which party)? Too uninterested in the product? It makes me frustrated that if I want to find out about the specs of any other player objects in any other game I can... but not pool.

(Here is the Dr. Dave video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awyt...youtu.be&t=190

Old
  (#15)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...

Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

04-04-2020, 12:08 AM

Is the 11.8 a pro or conical taper? Pechauer describes it as a “modified straight taper like our P+ Lite”

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: