Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Pechauer 11.8 CF weight and deflection?
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-07-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Manning View Post
Strong eyeroll.

I weighed pocket change on the same scale until I pretty much matched the shaft's weight. The scale says 7 quarters, 19 nickels, and a dime weigh 4.79oz together. The US mint says those coins weigh 4.82oz together.

So if it makes you guys happy, we can apply a 0.03oz fudge factor to my obviously inadequate scale, and call the shaft 4.79oz instead of 4.76.
Then so it is and with 1 extra inch and the below, 4.76 seems correct (I forgot about that extra inch).
The joint is this one?

Last edited by Cron; 04-07-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Old
  (#32)
Andrew Manning
Aspiring know-it-all
Andrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Manning has a reputation beyond repute

04-07-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post
Then so it is and with 1 extra inch and the below, 4.76 seems correct (I forgot about that extra inch).
The joint is this one?
Yeah, that's the joint, although the protruding (piloting?) part of the shaft insert in the photo looks oddly tilted; mine in real life looks square to the shaft face.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

If you knew what you didn't know, you wouldn't not know it. -Danny Diliberto

Old
  (#33)
KMRUNOUT
AzB Silver Member
KMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond reputeKMRUNOUT has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2020, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRussell View Post
People have been saying that about the Revo 12.9 vs. 12.4. I don’t really believe it until I see something other than claims made on AZ, especially since the one thing we know for sure about deflection is that lower end mass = lower deflection, and the 12.4 tip should have lower end mass than 12.9. It could be true that the 12.9 has lower deflection than the 12.4, but most people “measure” deflection by taking a couple of shots and then making a grand pronouncement.

It seems everyone assumes that the wall thickness is the same on the 12.9 and 12.4. Do we know if this is the case?

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#34)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

04-08-2020, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMRUNOUT View Post
It seems everyone assumes that the wall thickness is the same on the 12.9 and 12.4. Do we know if this is the case?

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
I'm going to assume that for sure. The only way to know is to saw 2 of them open and use a caliper, but even then the difference will be so small that even if it was intentional, how would you not attribute it to error?

Pechauer is apparently not fourth coming at all on any data what so ever about construction, they just give you that hazy overview. It's absolutely disappointing that companies will not give you all the information they have, it's a facade of grandeur. Unless it's even more concerning than that....

Pechauer may have contracted out the entire thing to who ever, and considering they're hiding behind an NDA on their own product, which is such a simple object....??? These "ROGUE" shafts may very well be rebadged Chinese shafts off of AliExpress... rogue. There is several types on Aliexpress (2 distinct molds though), so I'm going to buy 2 of them, saw 1 in half, then post the pictures of a $75 Chinese CF shaft. At the very least, everyone can see what they can get for $75 in CF.

Last edited by Cron; 04-08-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Old
  (#35)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...

Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

04-09-2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post
These "ROGUE" shafts may very well be rebadged Chinese shafts off of AliExpress... rogue.
Heaven forbid ... but I think Pechauer is better than that as a company.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: