WWYD-You need 3 balls...

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
The score is 6-5, your opponents favor.

The balls are not in a good position for you.

How do you get out here for the win?

WWYD-002.jpg

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15 to the side and stop the cue ball, then check the angle to see if 5 or 11 is easier to take first, then second. 4 ball will be remained untouched.

Last edited:

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a 1-P player, but it appears from the angle you might be able to pocket the 4-ball with low left, drawing back under the 5-ball to leave yourself either the 5-ball or 15-ball, hopefully the 5-ball, which if the angle makes it possible to get on the 15-ball or 11-ball for the win. If you happen to run the cue ball in to the middle or left side of the 5-ball when you draw it back, then you have to play safe, knocking one of the balls up table and leaving the cue ball close to your opponent's pocket.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if i was in dead-punch i'd shoot the 4, bank the 5 and go four rails around the table and shoot the last two in for the cheese. ;)

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
I'm not a 1-P player, but it appears from the angle you might be able to pocket the 4-ball with low left, drawing back under the 5-ball to leave yourself either the 5-ball or 15-ball, hopefully the 5-ball, which if the angle makes it possible to get on the 15-ball or 11-ball for the win. If you happen to run the cue ball in to the middle or left side of the 5-ball when you draw it back, then you have to play safe, knocking one of the balls up table and leaving the cue ball close to your opponent's pocket.

Chris, there is slight BIG (;)) angle, the CB is a little closer to the short rail than the 4 ball.

Remember, How do you get out here for the win?

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Make the 4-ball....stop dead.
Bank the 5-ball
The angle you left yourself on the bank brings whitey three rails for the 11 and 15 balls.

That’s how I played it in my dreams

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shoot the four, draw into 15 to hard enough to not double up
the 11, bank 5 with inside, 15 for the win.

In reality I’d probably shoot the 4, freeze on the wrong side of the 15,
and sell out the 5 trying to play safe.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Make the 4-ball....stop dead.
Bank the 5-ball
The angle you left yourself on the bank brings whitey three rails for the 11 and 15 balls.

That’s how I played it in my dreams

You can't, 'stop dead,' because, there is slight BIG (;)) angle to cut the 4, the CB is a little closer to the short rail than the 4 ball.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris, there is slight BIG (;)) angle, the CB is a little closer to the short rail than the 4 ball.

Remember, How do you get out here for the win?
Then your diagram is not accurate. If there is too much angle to pocket the 4-ball and draw back behind the 5-ball, then you draw back either in to the right side of the 5-ball or between the 5-ball and 15-ball, leaving you one of those two balls to pocket next, possible both if you leave the correct angle on the first of those two.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Then your diagram is not accurate. If there is too much angle to pocket the 4-ball and draw back behind the 5-ball, then you draw back either in to the right side of the 5-ball or between the 5-ball and 15-ball, leaving you one of those two balls to pocket next, possible both if you leave the correct angle on the first of those two.

Chris, the diagram is 100% correct!

When I post the solution diagram and the video of the me shooting the shot, you'll understand the, ;) about the angle of the slight, 'back-cut' on the 4 ball.

chadtrent

Registered
Let's see the video. I can think of a couple things but not anything I would say I was confident with. After the 4 any other shot looks too risky to me.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Guys, there's NO wrong answers here!

The question was posed, "What would YOU do?"

I'll post later, "What I did," in this spot!

A little hint, I didn't bank a ball to get out!

Last edited:

rramsey0011

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like the two rail bank on the 5 is on.

Sorry a little late to the party....

Last edited:

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I'd have to go for the agressive out here..

Pocket the 4, sharp draw back into the rail with a little low left,
under the 5 (maybe bumping the 5 out) for position on the 15,
then, depending on position, pocket the 15, draw back for the
11, or forward and bank the 5.

Edit: Now that you've told us there's an angle on th 4 ball shot,
maybe draw INTO the 5, bumping it away for position on the
15, then the 11... OR drawing BETWEEN the 5 and 15 for position
on the 11 and 15, but IMO that's pretty risky, maybe a sellout if
you jaw the 4 ball.

Last edited: