Trade Organization

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
This is a question for all the Mechanics & Installers here on AZ. What would you like a Billiards Mechanic trade organization to do for you? I know we have touched on this many times in the past. Would you join a REAL organization for mechanics by mechanics? I am talking a non-profit organization with no other purpose than to help mechanics not make money of our hard work. Any feedback good or bad would be appreciated.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I would like to start by changing the name from 'Mechanic' to 'Technician'.

It would be great to have an organization to establish standards. An organization that gains the respect of table manufacturers, and uses input for table design.

As a benefit, members can gain some sort of "Certification" for performing various types of work. As we all know, there is a range of skillsets in this business. Some are great at leveling a table, some great at installing cloth, some better on barboxes, some better on home tables, etc, etc.. To be proficient in all facets of the job, merits a "Master" status. Of course, this includes having an in-depth knowledge of tables, and the skillset to perform any required task.

As an established organization, the benefits should include suppliers: a list of preferred suppliers, with potential for discounts.

I believe that membership should have strict requirements. Even more so, the Certification requirements should be even more strict. Being a member is one thing. Calling yourself 'Certified' is something completely different. Extensive vetting is required.

PoolTable911

Silver Member
I would like to start by changing the name from 'Mechanic' to 'Technician'.

It would be great to have an organization to establish standards. An organization that gains the respect of table manufacturers, and uses input for table design.

As a benefit, members can gain some sort of "Certification" for performing various types of work. As we all know, there is a range of skillsets in this business. Some are great at leveling a table, some great at installing cloth, some better on barboxes, some better on home tables, etc, etc.. To be proficient in all facets of the job, merits a "Master" status. Of course, this includes having an in-depth knowledge of tables, and the skillset to perform any required task.

As an established organization, the benefits should include suppliers: a list of preferred suppliers, with potential for discounts.

I believe that membership should have strict requirements. Even more so, the Certification requirements should be even more strict. Being a member is one thing. Calling yourself 'Certified' is something completely different. Extensive vetting is required.
Thanks for posting Geoff. Anyone else have any input?

PoolTable911

Silver Member
Thanks for posting Geoff. Anyone else have any input?

I have received several PM's on the subject but very little thread action. I was hoping to see more discussion from some of the longtime members of this section of the forum.

I have received several PM's on the subject but very little thread action. I was hoping to see more discussion from some of the longtime members of this section of the forum.

Pat
You know without asking anything your wanting to do.......I’m always with ya
100%. Just let me know what you need to start something.
I’ll bring the COBRA.......no worries. Lmao

Mark Gregory

BrownDawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Instead of just patting each other on the back, how about instructional classes that actually teach the proper methods. You know, like other trade organizations do. Still waiting on Cobras glue videos as promised.

PoolTable911

Silver Member
Instead of just patting each other on the back, how about instructional classes that actually teach the proper methods. You know, like other trade organizations do. Still waiting on Cobras glue videos as promised.

This is exactly what we are working on.