unk_1_joint.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,358
  • unk1_fore.jpg
    unk1_fore.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 1,368

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting cue. A road player named Gary Aboud lives near Shreveport. Wonder if this might be a relative's cue? Nice. I would like to know the maker as well.

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Name plate, joint rings, and wrap do not look like Rambow to me. It is a neat old cue though. I've got one Rambow cue only, so I'm no expert...Thanks for sharing.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Definitely not Rambow or Paradise, as it's missing a bumper, given that cut into the butt plate. And the joint rings weren't characteristic to either. Someone else...

All the best,
WW

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Here is a Rambow with a very similar butt cap assembly....

I do not believe the cue to be a Rambow.. just Rambow inspired, as this backend is fairly common for Rambows.

Joe

Attachments

• 1075_butt_hi.jpg
    1075_butt_hi.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,210

nickgeo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong screw?

All my Rambows have a big ugly slot-head wood screw holding on the butt plate.

Birk1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears Daniel Aboud was a collector in the early to mid seventies.

Anyone know anything?

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Last edited:

classiccues

Silver Member
If this person is alive. maybe I can find out where it came from... I have my suspicions...

JV

classiccues

Silver Member
JAM did not know him.. the other "Abood" from the south has a different spelling. The Joss I believe was his.

JV

Ask JAM

She knew him well and Tom Wirth both can tell you a great deal about him.

Not sure about the cue pictured! But, he certainly had high end cues. The same name is on the butt of a very high end joss with awesome blue and black points..

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...3&share_fid=2711&share_type=t&link_source=app

Kd

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Birk1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the joss in my case.
Spelled ABOUD. I assume the same person for both cues…

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know all about it.

Merry Christmas. It is a altered repaired cue that Danial wanted remade. For sure. You did ask. So there is your honest answer.
As for me there was a time I would have bought it. But I have given up buying cues resolution so to speak. The last two cues I wanted didn't come this way. Why bother I after all have plenty.
Good luck with more info. Beng I know almost everyone that is exactly who could have done the work almost anyone..
Nick :)

classiccues

Silver Member
We'll wait for the rest of the "story"...

JV

Merry Christmas. It is a altered repaired cue that Danial wanted remade. For sure. You did ask. So there is your honest answer.
As for me there was a time I would have bought it. But I have given up buying cues resolution so to speak. The last two cues I wanted didn't come this way. Why bother I after all have plenty.
Good luck with more info. Beng I know almost everyone that is exactly who could have done the work almost anyone..

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is the truth

I remember having a Szam reworked titlist. It was a Rambo sure enough.I couldn't sell it to anyone. So I gave it to Dean and he promptly sold it. Called me up and said that is how you do it and sent me every cent just because well he is Dean. I told him Dean I could have sold it for twice as much. I had offers. It still wasn't 1 tenth of one of Gus's or a third of a nice Rambo though.. And it was a Rambo with Gus's pin in it. Go figure. Learned a lesson there.
Dean can sell anything!
You do have a nice Cue there and be sure it is worth double what you may be able to get. That is if history repeats itself. I will say the work was a labor of love. Done for a friend by a friend.
Anyone buying it should be very pleased.
Merry Christmas,

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
To my knowledge, I have not seen an original Rambow with trim rings in the joint collars.

This gets a bit more interesting, and a bit more comical, as it goes along.

All the best,
WW

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yup

You read too deeply. If you saw a remade Rambo you wouldn't know it would you? I didn't say Rambo. I said remade Rambo. What that means is about 10 different things for a reason. I chose words for their worth or worthless in their value when it comes to this kiss and tell doing just that. Describing so ambiguously for a reason? You can not find one solid clue in what I wrote. Yet it is the truth.
It was not meant to be anything but truth. Undecipherable as 10 differant meanings to my description.
Sounding clueless would be the answers that follow my post trying to argue with a paradoxical description that on one level is true. But which whitch?
No care to me. I will say the thing is nice. And if I still bought Cues I would fire at it.
Merry Christmas everybody!

Birk1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You read too deeply. If you saw a remade Rambo you wouldn't know it would you? I didn't say Rambo. I said remade Rambo. What that means is about 10 different things for a reason. I chose words for their worth or worthless in their value when it comes to this kiss and tell doing just that. Describing so ambiguously for a reason? You can not find one solid clue in what I wrote. Yet it is the truth.
It was not meant to be anything but truth. Undecipherable as 10 differant meanings to my description.
Sounding clueless would be the answers that follow my post trying to argue with a paradoxical description that on one level is true. But which whitch?
No care to me. I will say the thing is nice. And if I still bought Cues I would fire at it.
Merry Christmas everybody!

Thanks for the info Nick
Wonder if reuniting his Joss (in my collection) with this hybrid is worth it?
Wonder who Daniel was...hmmm
Ryan