Incident at the pool room

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you were the owner and the guy had just trashed your pool hall on social media how would you handle it? Would you say anything to the customer? What would you say to your employee?

Id like to think I'd let customer know his freebie that used cleaned balls as cb had some negative impact, and I'd acknowledge the opportunity was provided by my employee.

I'd let employee know her failure to pick up after herself created a potential conflict.

But as I said...it is really a minor thing.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went and saw what the guy posted to see what he said and it was very vague and didn't mention the hall directly. Maybe he did it as an immediate emotional response.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I...replied with something like:

"Sorry you felt disrespected, but you were hitting newly cleaned object balls around because it was free to you. Our pool tables are for our respectful pool players who'd like to pay for using our tables. Please come on back when you'd like to be put on table time. Thanks!"

I like that, but would close with 'please consider retuning to our business when you'd like to be our customer'.

Highlight the nature of the relationship, you know...while making it clear the determination to return is his.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I went and saw what the guy posted to see what he said and it was very vague and didn't mention the hall directly. Maybe he did it as an immediate emotional response.

Yeah.... vague. Who'd a thunk it??

Check the comments too. Someone was probably responding "where was this?" and he answered.

Or maybe it's the only place he goes, and people just 'know' what he's talking about. Either way, I hate that stuff. If you truly had a bad experience I get it.

Too many people have something to say when they don't feel like they got enough. Things fall silent too much on social media when businesses do outstanding jobs.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You left out the most important information. Does he gamble?

If he doesn't gamble then he did everybody a favor by leaving. If he gambles then that's exactly the kind of guy you want to fleece. Talks a big game but can't play.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You left out the most important information. Does he gamble?

If he doesn't gamble then he did everybody a favor by leaving. If he gambles then that's exactly the kind of guy you want to fleece. Talks a big game but can't play.
Good point. If he's a broke-d^*k nit can him. If he's a sucker give him another chance or two.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve seen lots of people practice using object balls. I even do it often. Don’t be mad at me:wink:

Yes I do it often at home with a set of practice balls. It's just much more efficient than chasing down that CB after every practice shot. I would never do that with equipment that I don't own though.

My take on this infraction, it's very minor IMHO. If I'm the owner of the room and it's a daily use set of balls I would just ask him to do me a favor and clean the balls as I hand him the cleaning rag. When you compare this to many of the other real abuses going on in the typical room it's really not that big of a deal. Someone else stated it perfectly, "Don't sweat the small stuff".

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It not that big of a deal. Kind of falls in line of a pet peeve more than a true infraction.

It’s more telling that this whiney little biotch had to go and cry to his make believe friends. What a p ussy.

If he ever received his man card it should be taken back and replaced with his binky.

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First, he shouldn't be using object balls as cue balls, which says he doesn't have any etiquette whatsoever. If he's a valued customer, that only reinforces my first comment.

Second, the attendant shouldn't have left the balls on the table when he locked it. If he did, then it's his responsibility to clean them back up should something happen to them. There's a little bit of responsibility that needs to be had by everyone involved in my opinion.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Back before social media we would have thought it was over and done with and there was nothing that needed to be resolved or analyzed.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Yes I do it often at home with a set of practice balls. It's just much more efficient than chasing down that CB after every practice shot. I would never do that with equipment that I don't own though.

My take on this infraction, it's very minor IMHO. If I'm the owner of the room and it's a daily use set of balls I would just ask him to do me a favor and clean the balls as I hand him the cleaning rag. When you compare this to many of the other real abuses going on in the typical room it's really not that big of a deal. Someone else stated it perfectly, "Don't sweat the small stuff".

I agree with his infraction being very minor.

When it became a shade over minor, is when he told the internet...... vaguely.... how he was 'disrespected'.

That affects the business, all because of something got a bad taste in his mouth when he got outed for freeloading, and dirtying up newly cleaned balls.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with his infraction being very minor.

When it became a shade over minor, is when he told the internet...... vaguely.... how he was 'disrespected'.

That affects the business, all because of something got a bad taste in his mouth when he got outed for freeloading, and dirtying up newly cleaned balls.
The problem is people like this are usually also the one's that leave the biggest mess in rest-room, tip bad or not at all, leave the tables dirty as hell, cause arguments/friction, etc. Rarely, if ever, are they missed if asked not to return.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
The problem is people like this are usually also the one's that leave the biggest mess in rest-room, tip bad or not at all, leave the tables dirty as hell, cause arguments/friction, etc. Rarely, if ever, are they missed if asked not to return.

Yeah, I'd love to see the FB post. :D

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... he told the internet...... vaguely.... how he was 'disrespected' ...
It's too bad the innerwebz doesn't provide a universal mechanism to mark reviewers as probable idiots or worse. I hope that people are starting to catch on that you shouldn't believe all of the reviews you read. I occasionally look at the negative reviews for places I really like. You see stuff like, "I didn't eat there but I'm sure their food is crap," along with a 1-star rating.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's too bad the innerwebz doesn't provide a universal mechanism to mark reviewers as probable idiots or worse. I hope that people are starting to catch on that you shouldn't believe all of the reviews you read. I occasionally look at the negative reviews for places I really like. You see stuff like, "I didn't eat there but I'm sure their food is crap," along with a 1-star rating.

Agreed about reviews being less relevant as we go thru time.

It's like the rep points here on Azb.

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would say something like "lame person going on social media to complain that he didn't get way with his freeloading attempt" but that would mean that I would go on this forum (also social medium) to complain about someone I don't know who did something I was no part of in a place 5000+ miles away.

I'm not retracting the 'lame person'-remark though.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Agreed about reviews being less relevant as we go thru time.

It's like the rep points here on Azb.

Haha I agree what Bob said, some people should be marked as "sketchy reviewers" or something.

But Azb rep points??? Whoa!! You've crossed the line, sir:p:p:p:p

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for your opinions and those that may comment after this. I know that the guy felt and I know how the guys in the pool room felt but I had my own opinion as well and wanted to see an unbiased option from fellow pool people and you all did just that. :)

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I’ve seen lots of people practice using object balls. I even do it often. Don’t be mad at me:wink:

I was at Griff's recently. The stream table was not in use although the object balls were on the table. Several people knocked the balls around using other object balls. Even the manager jumped on. Guess they are all guilty of not respecting the equipment.

Lyn

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I was at Griff's recently. The stream table was not in use although the object balls were on the table. Several people knocked the balls around using other object balls. Even the manager jumped on. Guess they are all guilty of not respecting the equipment.

Lyn

Was there an event going on at Griff's that day?