Butterfly case reviews

s'portplayer

Midnight Rambler
Silver Member
Looking for a butterfly case and was hoping for some recommendations on which one you like and why.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Looking for a butterfly case and was hoping for some recommendations on which one you like and why.
Castillo is the one I use. He does backpack straps per request. Also, offers leather or nylon.

He makes custom order in 8 weeks. Or buy what's in stock.

Very light and well made. Holds more stuff than tube cases.

Mine is leather and prior to him offering nylon.

Very happy!

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a cordura Porper 4x8 VIP from Seyberts. About $150. Very durable, has very good size pockets, protects cues very well. Excellent made case.
I thought the 2x4 version was little too small.

Want a fancy one.... The JB butterflies look real good. I'd buy one but I have too many cases right now.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Predator Black 4x8 butterfly. It is serviceable but I am not thrilled with the make as far as quality. Butterflies are not great in tournament settings. In tournaments you tend to move around a lot and they are unwieldy.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I have a butterfly case made by Jim Murnak in 3x6 configuration. The construction reminds me of the old fashion leather bags Coach used to make. If I set this down to a Coach product, it wouldn't be out of place.

The interior is very easy to customize. Mine came with a small pouch and a jump cue pouch that velcros into the spine of the case. FWIW, John Barton's butterfly case insert is compatible and will fit. If I'm not using John Barton's insert, the case can easily hold a magic rack, a phone charger, and Fire HD, or iPad Mini along.

Last edited:

seanandnik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Castillo

I put in another vote for Castillo, I have a custom 3x6 he made for me out of a great tan bull hide leather. 1 large and 1 small outer pockets, also had handles reversed, put so I can carry it while unzipped and nothing falls out, good at tournaments when u have to move table to table

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,303
Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must say I am pleased with the one from Gil.

It's the most compact 6x12 case I've seen around.

The leather is rich and I enjoy the color/appearance.

Matt B.

p.s Far superior to my other Instroke cue cases.

Attachments

• Prewitt Cue 001.jpg
    Prewitt Cue 001.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,138
  • Prewitt Cue 002.jpg
    Prewitt Cue 002.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,072
Last edited:

seanandnik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Handles?.

I don’t want to take undo credit but I believe prior to me talking to Gil about 5years ago and asking to have my case made with handles on opposite to his original design , all his original bfly cases had handles on other side. It is much more usable and allows you carry case while open and not drop out everything.

tabi1

Registered
www.jbcases.com/stock.html

We make Butterfly cases in all styles.

www.jbcases.com/casesbyname.html to see our selection of custom cases that we have made.

I have a leather 4 x 8 JB butterfly with backpack straps. I think it was like $675 and the ease of use is really nice. I love being able to open it up fully versus pulling from the top.

I would actually be very happy with a 2x4 butterfly in the future as the 4x8 is more than what i usually pack to go to the pool hall so a bit of a waste.

I think you will get a real good bang for your buck with this case.

JB has some really nice tooled butterfly cases too if your wanting a more high end case.