Broken Bar Cues...

billiardbum

Listen U Might Learn!!!
Silver Member
Hello to all...

I am looking for Broken unusable Bar cues, butt is not broken though...Valley or Dufferin, if you have any and want to get rid of them, PM me please.

Thanks
Jim

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a thought!

Hi Jim,

You might wanna check with the local bars, fraternal clubs, etc. to see if they have any old cues lying around the backroom ;) You might find some interesting candidates needing a little TLC :cool:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
krbsailing said:
Hi Jim,

You might wanna check with the local bars, fraternal clubs, etc. to see if they have any old cues lying around the backroom ;) You might find some interesting candidates needing a little TLC :cool:

Good avise there buba;) I may have to check that out myself!!

Have a good day

Manwon

billiardbum

Listen U Might Learn!!!
Silver Member
krbsailing said:
Hi Jim,

I am on all watch list locally...I am just looking for broken cues for building sneakys...I build a lot of no finish-hustling sneakys... Thanks for the info. Jim

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old Bar Cues

Hey,

The problem I think with buying these things unless they can be found locally is that they weigh alot :rolleyes:

So, shipping can be expensive.....damnit Jim -- I bought about 20 to 30 of some old Valley sticks about 1 1/2 years ago on Ebay hoping to use them at the Pub -- it turned out that all but 3 or 4 had press on tips (before I had a Willard tipper too) so I ended up just about giving them away for a couple $$ a piece :eek: :( :eek: :p

Happy Holidays!
:)

Last edited:

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
from the local bars find out who services their Valley tables.then call them for the cues..i'm sure they have alot of them.good luck

xidica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billiardbum said:
I am on all watch list locally...I am just looking for broken cues for building sneakys...I build a lot of no finish-hustling sneakys... Thanks for the info. Jim

I would be interested in one of those no finish hustling sneakies...You got a site/e-mail/pics or prices?

Edit : Just spoke with Jim Sickles on the phone and he's starting construction on one for me as we speak.
If anyone is interested in something like this he's definitely a great guy to talk to, and I can't wait to get the cue and give it a full review!

Last edited:

billiardbum

Listen U Might Learn!!!
Silver Member
Thanks guys for the info, but would love to get my hands on some of them...I have probably 50 cues, but only about 20 are usable for cuemaking. Happy Holidays to all you, and thanks for the Info.

Xidica...Your cue is coming buddy.

xidica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billiardbum said:
Thanks guys for the info, but would love to get my hands on some of them...I have probably 50 cues, but only about 20 are usable for cuemaking. Happy Holidays to all you, and thanks for the Info.

Xidica...Your cue is coming buddy.

Awesome. I can't wait :D

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
billiardbum said:
Hello to all...

I am looking for Broken unusable Bar cues, butt is not broken though...Valley or Dufferin, if you have any and want to get rid of them, PM me please.

Thanks
Jim

Look on the rooftop at Stormy's....we used to throw their bad cues up there. :eek: They would never fix them, but they did have to replace them when they were gone.

Don't you owners just love us drunken players?:D

Jeff Livingston

poolhall maven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chefjeff said:
Look on the rooftop at Stormy's....we used to throw their bad cues up there. :eek: They would never fix them, but they did have to replace them when they were gone.

Don't you owners just love us drunken players?:D

Jeff Livingston

Jeff, there is a method to our madness--if we don't fix em the customer will eventually buy one rather than choose junk off the wall. LOL!

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
poolhall maven said:
Jeff, there is a method to our madness--if we don't fix em the customer will eventually buy one rather than choose junk off the wall. LOL!

Not at this place...lol. It used to have some really good players, but no cues for sale as it was a dive ass old bar...I think the oldest bar in the same location in the Des Moines area. When they remolded it about 15 years ago, they found a bunch of old newpapers used as insulation behind the built-in wooden booths. Somewhere in the early 30's if memeory serves me correct. They replaced all that with plastic lawn chairs!:rolleyes:

I did learn how to make multi-rail shots there, though, as a lot of old timers played on that grand old 8 foot table and they loved to play bank 8-ball. The new owner put in a bar box and made it very unfriendly for us younger pool players (closed by 10 pm, etc.). We never play there anymore and now call it the gereatric bar as only little old ladies and their girly husbands hang out there. :D

Keep those tips and cues in shape! Sorry to change the thread.

Jeff Livingston

bubsbug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
broken cues

Jim,
Try some of the YMCA local. They take quite of abuse there though but I have found that they frequently throw them out. Being a beginner I get quite a few of them because I only charge a buck a stick. I get to keep the bad one for experiments.

solid d

Registered
I have about 50 - 75 of them. mostly valley. I have been using them for wedges to keep cooler doors closed and extra security at closing..lol.
let me knowif you are still looking for some....solid d

billiardbum

Listen U Might Learn!!!
Silver Member
solid d said:
I have about 50 - 75 of them. mostly valley. I have been using them for wedges to keep cooler doors closed and extra security at closing..lol.
let me knowif you are still looking for some....solid d
Sent a pm to your box

billiardbum

Listen U Might Learn!!!
Silver Member
Still Looking for Bar Cues

If anyone has old broken bar cues, I am still looking for some.

Thanks
Jim

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody just broke another one at our Pub last night :eek: but, you can't have it Jim....cause it's mine :D

Have you tried the local Moose, Elks, American Legion, Eagles?