Want to run some tournamnets in Decatur, GA area...

jdelcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the typo in the title -- *tournaments
Was in a bit of a hurry to get back to studying for finals!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The billiards club of Emory University needs a location to hold 9-Ball tournaments! We are located in Decatur, GA just about 10 minutes east of Downtown Atlanta...

We normally run around 2-4 tournaments a year. Right now were at the middle mark, so we only have 2 to go. We like to do them on Saturdays in the middle of the day. General number of participants is around 20 (30 max) -- thinking somewhere around 6-8 tables would be enough.

Looking for a decent rate, and maybe some food discounts, or something along those lines? We do this all for non-profit, and we try to keep the entry fees as low as possible as to still attract those who aren't necessarily "good" (its also handicapped and double elimination, of course). All of our proceeds go to paying for the event (and a very small prize for 1st, 2nd, 3rd -- generally no more than $50 total, as we can't really afford much more than that at the end of the night when all the bills come out of our entry fees). On average, tournament takes about 4 hours, I think.

In any case, please PM me with any quotes on what this sort of shindig might cost to run at your hall, or if you have any ideas of some halls around here who may be interested and I ought to contact...

Thanks!

Joaquin
President Elect
Emory Billiards Club

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member
jdelcue@emory.e said:
Sorry for the typo in the title -- *tournaments
Was in a bit of a hurry to get back to studying for finals!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The billiards club of Emory University needs a location to hold 9-Ball tournaments! We are located in Decatur, GA just about 10 minutes east of Downtown Atlanta...

We normally run around 2-4 tournaments a year. Right now were at the middle mark, so we only have 2 to go. We like to do them on Saturdays in the middle of the day. General number of participants is around 20 (30 max) -- thinking somewhere around 6-8 tables would be enough.

Looking for a decent rate, and maybe some food discounts, or something along those lines? We do this all for non-profit, and we try to keep the entry fees as low as possible as to still attract those who aren't necessarily "good" (its also handicapped and double elimination, of course). All of our proceeds go to paying for the event (and a very small prize for 1st, 2nd, 3rd -- generally no more than $50 total, as we can't really afford much more than that at the end of the night when all the bills come out of our entry fees). On average, tournament takes about 4 hours, I think.

In any case, please PM me with any quotes on what this sort of shindig might cost to run at your hall, or if you have any ideas of some halls around here who may be interested and I ought to contact...

Thanks!

Joaquin
President Elect
Emory Billiards Club

Why not ask the University to set up a game room with 2 tables? Ask Brunswick, Diamond, or any other table manufacturer for donation of the 2 tables. You guys obviously must find a way to maintain the tables once set up is made.

NoBull9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emory has a small and tight budget when it comes to the pool table's.So to get help and more funding for a pool turnament at Emory from Emory would be impossible.My suggestion whould be contact Richard at Que's 2 and try and set up something on a Saturday.