New Rauenzahn on the way

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My new Rauenzahn Double Full Splice is in process! Ebony into Rosewood into Bubinga with Green Orange and Natural veneers and butterflies. Can't wait to see it in finish! Enjoy!

34991323833_fd08f288c2_z.jpg

35801616155_2e985d8ef4_z.jpg

34991324293_8009964c34_z.jpg

34991324033_40e770eb83_z.jpg

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What did Jerry & you decide to use as a joint material and ferrules since ivory isn't optional in CA?
I'm interested in alternative material & heard Tomahawk ferrules were a good alternative but for the
joint, Elforyn seems popular as a substitute with most cue-makers. What did Jerry use for your cue?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really dig those cues. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good question about the joint material by the way.

I look forward to seeing the finished cue.

Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I really dig those cues. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good question about the joint material by the way.

I look forward to seeing the finished cue.

Thanks for showing off! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Agree, nice looking cue. My guess would be Juma for the joint, although there are several possibilities.

All the best,
WW

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What did Jerry & you decide to use as a joint material and ferrules since ivory isn't optional in CA?
I'm interested in alternative material & heard Tomahawk ferrules were a good alternative but for the
joint, Elforyn seems popular as a substitute with most cue-makers. What did Jerry use for your cue?

Jerry told me but I forgot; not ivory though.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the piece Jerry will use for the extension:

[
34962982054_c1fdf9e46a_z.jpg

It's a nice piece of Brazilian Rosewood. The butt end of the cue is Bubinga but Jerry advised using the Rosewood instead of Bubinga because Bubinga is heavier. I think it will look nice. He plans to finish it with a 1/4" black ring at the front and the same Hoppe Ring/Black Butt Cap as the butt of the cue.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The joint material is Juma.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Juma?

You win the prize. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Many thanks. Yep, Juma has a pretty distinctive look. Just dark enough to look like an ivory shade, unlike Elforn and Melamine. The only thing Juma lacks is a grain-like structure.

All the best,
WW

TILT9

Banned
jerry -r, has a nice touch, like his work very much.
that cue is a killer and if you think it looks good now, wait until you see it in
50 years, when the wood ages and tones a little.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like your dollar bill radius tips. ha.

Beautiful cue sir. Jerry make great ones.

Ian

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final pic before being packed up. It should arrive by 3pm Pacific Time today.

[
35972615400_af0b3afca8_k.jpg

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Visit with Jerry Rauenzahn

I recently spent the entire week visiting with Mr. Rauenzahn learning the finer points of cue construction. I'm honored to say the least. He's my mentor. I saw that cue and was able to hold it in my hands... simply beautiful.

I'm jealous. You have a wonderful cue I'm sure will play with the best. He's a perfectionist that won't allow sub-standard work to leave his shop. Trust me, I've seen him cut awesome pieces up because they didn't quite meet his exact standards of perfection. This man has incredible talents that time will tell how much they will be appreciated. I know I was in AWE how he was able to re-create the Brunswick 360 and variable projects similar to those cues built around 1910-1925. Simply AMAZING.

Enjoy your cue Sir.