52nd All Japan Championship (10 ball) (20-24Nov) Winner~$16K

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
But, every once in a while, a young gunslinger will send the a lot of the "champions" packing.

Like it looks they have done this tournament.

It's in the final matches that real quality shows up. When the heat is on! :rolleyes:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He moves like him IMO. The way he holds his head high. Like he's super confident.

I like the way he hits the balls with AUTHORITY.

He ain't pitty-patting the balls around.

He fires them in and kills the cue ball instead of babying the balls.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Zheng wins 11-6 with another nice out. I loved watching him grind it out with his shirt hanging half in and half out of his pants. Raga pretty much shit all over himself in the last half of this match.

And Raga is an 815 Fargorate.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Congrats to Anton Raga for reaching the semis. That Chinese player who beat him really played well.
I'd live to see the wu-raga match. Does anyone have the video?

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I knew about the embedding...I watch very carefully when a ball crosses the template...
...I haven’t seen a ball roll funny yet.....has anybody else?

Yes. Zheng was just warming up for the finals, and the cueball hit the edge of the template and veered left!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zheng is one of the straightest shooters I've seen recently.

He makes some errors, but he can fire some balls in from all over the table.

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
Zheng is really fun to watch. Two times the opponent have pushed out to a shot with the cue ball on the short rail and the object ball around the spot. Zheng just jacks up and fire them in with three rail position. His opponent was actually shaking his head and smiling after the last one.

Also interesting to see how they solve random racking. They collect the balls and put them in one row at the short rail. Then they rack them from outside and in - ofcourse with 1 and 10 on their spots. So if 4 and 7 are on the end of the line, they will be racked behind the 1. The last 4 balls in the middle along the rail will end up - in the order they lay - as the last row in the rack. Ofcourse, if you are a bit crafty, you can manipulate here also, but its harder. Nice to see another end game for the 8,9 and 19 ball, and not always havng 2 and 3 in the corners

If you dont understand my explanation, watch the racking :smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aHGHYm1pTM

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zheng is really fun to watch. Two times the opponent have pushed out to a shot with the cue ball on the short rail and the object ball around the spot. Zheng just jacks up and fire them in with three rail position. His opponent was actually shaking his head and smiling after the last one.

I liked that, too.

They pushed out on the rail, hoping to leave him a 50-yarder scratch shot and he slammed those balls into the center of the pocket and controlled the cue ball.

I like his style. He don't mess around.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Zheng is the champ. What a dead-eye slugger he is, and just 18 years old! Needs a little experience with position play and safeties, but he's someone to keep track of for a long time.

And sm000th!

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zheng takes it down.

Out of all the players I've watched in tournaments lately, he has been the most enjoyable to watch.

He don't mess around and he gets the job done.

I like his style of "power play". He muscles the balls and makes them "pop".

He is a straight shooter and stays in line most of the time. When he gets out of line, he is a shot maker and works his way back into position. If he doesn't have an angle or isn't close to the rail, he isn't afraid to fire the ball at warp speed and "force" the cue ball to move.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Zheng takes it down.

Out of all the players I've watched in tournaments lately, he has been the most enjoyable to watch.

He don't mess around and he gets the job done.

I like his style of "power play". He muscles the balls and makes them "pop".

He is a straight shooter and stays in line most of the time. When he gets out of line, he is a shot maker and works his way back into position. If he doesn't have an angle or isn't close to the rail, he isn't afraid to fire the ball at warp speed and "force" the cue ball to move.

If he ever learns when and how to play safe, watch out world.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he ever learns when and how to play safe, watch out world.

I agree.

He ain't much for playing safe.

He doesn't need to.

He makes every ball on the table from every angle.

His cue ball control is amazing for as hard as he is hitting the cue ball. He has the 'dead ball" game down...he knows how to stun and kill the cue ball, even on sharp angles.