Your greatest Shark Tactics

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Wow this guy is deep into the red because he started a thread about sharkin??? Wow. Sticking with the OPs original question, one I like to use is when a guy is on the last ball, playing 8ball,9ball, one Pkt etc, when he's down on the ball ill say "good shot" works like 85 % of the time!

dom_poppa

Banned
Wow this guy is deep into the red because he started a thread about sharkin??? Wow. Sticking with the OPs original question, one I like to use is when a guy is on the last ball, playing 8ball,9ball, one Pkt etc, when he's down on the ball ill say "good shot" works like 85 % of the time!

a bunch of collective thinkers on here.

love my haters.

P.S. Efren move on Rodney Morris was classic.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
-When an opponent is shooting, depending on the pool hall, I would walk away and go grab a beverage

When someone does that to me, I drop all the balls in the pockets with my hand and set myself up for either the 8 or 9 and wait until they wander back with beverage in hand.
Then I shoot the money ball in. Works every time.

And to know that you take advantage of senior citizens is a very reassuring part of your character.
How did you get green again. Did you use some of your other accounts?

Last edited:

skip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sharking my way. Don't miss an if you do don't leave anything. Works every time. :wink:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I can tell you that throwing a brief temper tantrum is an effective move against some players. Had that pulled on me a week or so ago by a fellow that I respect and was totally surprised at his outburst. Screwed with my head and there went my game. If I hadn't known and already liked the guy, the outcome of his unintended sharking might have been different.

Most shark moves just don't work on a seasoned player. If anything you'll only sharpen his resolve to destroy you on the table. Certainly it's better to sit calmly in your seat and keep your trap shut while the other player takes his turn.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a 9-ball tournament, I break and one ball drops. I get ready for a runout attempt and my opponent gets up and goes to the bathroom.

When he comes back, the balls are already racked and I'm getting ready to break. He notices that I have three more games on the wire than I did when he tried the shark move.

He starts hollering about how I couldn't have run that many racks and calls over the TD. I explain that when he got up in the middle of my shot, I caught a gear. While he was in the bathroom, I ran out the rack he saw me break and popped two golden breaks.

He never left his chair while I was shooting again.

RafaReyes

Super Rafa
Silver Member
In a 9-ball tournament, I break and one ball drops. I get ready for a runout attempt and my opponent gets up and goes to the bathroom.

When he comes back, the balls are already racked and I'm getting ready to break. He notices that I have three more games on the wire than I did when he tried the shark move.

He starts hollering about how I couldn't have run that many racks and calls over the TD. I explain that when he got up in the middle of my shot, I caught a gear. While he was in the bathroom, I ran out the rack he saw me break and popped two golden breaks.

He never left his chair while I was shooting again.

hahaha, that's really too funny :thumbup:

XxMerlinxX

Pleased As Punch
Gold Member
Silver Member
Got a guy in my room who does lots of little things, sometimes pretty blatantly, to try and get the edge. He'll get behind the ball you're shooting at, or stand at the pocket, and I've even seen him dip the tip of his stick down towards wherever you're shooting. Another one is he'll start yelling at someone across the room as you're in your backswing, which personally I find to be extremely annoying.

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
I've said it before but when you miss, rip one silently and let your opponent walk right into it.

Cuetips

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
now that I have read this thread I feel justified in giving you some red rep,
Get a life and spend more time practicing and you won;t have to shark anymore
it's guys like you that hurt this sport

hunger strike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sharking is bad, but it is good to discuss in the open

You know, if your opponent respects your game then watching his game can have an influence. If you don't watch while he or she is shooting, then that can be sharking - intentional or unintentional. So this leads to a sticky situation. This comes up in 8 ball often. Let's say your opponent is considering which ball to pocket, and you are watching. Let's say you're an advanced player who knows how to use body language regarding which ball or even which half of the table you appear to be focused upon. I know that with a good percentage of weaker players, I can face my eyes, face, body, or even the shape of my overall presence (including my cue), to indicate which shot is best. Ok, let's say that this is sharking just for the sake of the argument. What are you going to do, look at a ball that if he pockets it will bump your ball into a cluster or ruin your pattern? There are many things that I know to do that will influence my opponent that I refuse to use because they are sharking. If the opponent is setting up for the shot that I want him to select, then is going to turn to consider the shot disadvantageous to me, I could preemptively turn my attention that way then turn back as if I were considering it, then reconsider and turn back. Often the weaker opponent mimics the behavior and chooses the shot advantageous to me. I know this works, but I will not do it because it is sharking - it is actively moving around to influence the opponent. Simply watching passively is not. Sharking can be subtle. But if you don't shark then your game will be stronger and you will enjoy it more. If your sharking fails then when you get back to the table you will be aware of your weakness.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Be nice. By which I mean, impeccably nice. Like Steve Cook kind of nice. You'll be surprised - it works! And: it can't possibly make you feel bad about yourself.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti