I can't figure out how to browse for pool cues on facebook.

I hope that it is not against any forum rules to post this question, but I keep hearing that a lot of people are now selling their cues on facebook.

Is there an actual facebook marketplace (I can't find it)?

Please forgive my stupidity.

I googled "facebook marketplace " and "pool cues", and all I could find were facebook members that have their own page, that had something to do with pool cues, but I could not actually find any pool cues for sale.

Where do you find pool cues for sale on facebook?

Are they listed (and searched for) in a completely different way then the for sale section of this forum, or ebay (for example)?

Please help me understand how I can browse pool cues that are available for sale on facebook?

Do I need to know dealers, or people (pool players), and search their individual pages, to see if they have any cues for sale, or how do I find cues for sale on facebook?

Thanks a lot for a link to the pool cue marketplace (if such a place actually exists), and please do not give me a hard time for not being able to find it myself.

Thanks again.

AngryTurtle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am a open billiards market member on FB. There are lots of cues listed there. I recently wanted to buy a titlesist conversion, and searched all of FB for just that "titleist conversion cue" I found one, in a different FB group, which I subsequently purchased. I have not joined this other group. I dont even remember exactly what the name is, I could go back and find out if need be.

I am interested in the right way to do this, as i am not sure the way I did it is the best, only one way thqat worked for me.

I am a open billiards market member on FB. There are lots of cues listed there. I recently wanted to buy a titlesist conversion, and searched all of FB for just that "titleist conversion cue" I found one, in a different FB group, which I subsequently purchased. I have not joined this other group. I dont even remember exactly what the name is, I could go back and find out if need be.

I am interested in the right way to do this, as i am not sure the way I did it is the best, only one way thqat worked for me.

Okay, this sounds more complicated then I imagined. It sounds like there is not actual marketplace, where you can just browse all of the pool cue related listings (like craigslist, ebay, and the for sale section on here, to name some examples).

It sounds like I would need to actually know what cue I want to search for (like if I wanted to try to find a Durbin cue, I would just do a google search for Durbin cue and facebook?).

Or is there a better place to actual do the search (other then google)?

Link to a facebook marketplace page where I would search for a particular cue I might be interested in?

On top of all that, I would need to join a FB group?

This sounds complicated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
There is like 20-30 different pool groups to join on facebook. Many of them are to buy, sell &/or trade cues.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
FYI there isnt a marketplace to buy or browse cues. You have to join groups for that.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please go to "Sneaky Pete Mafia" on facebook. They would LOVE to have you as a member. Not only sales,but a discussion group too. It is PERFECT for YOU !!!

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
I hope that it is not against any forum rules to post this question, but I keep hearing that a lot of people are now selling their cues on facebook.

Is there an actual facebook marketplace (I can't find it)?

Please forgive my stupidity.

I googled "facebook marketplace " and "pool cues", and all I could find were facebook members that have their own page, that had something to do with pool cues, but I could not actually find any pool cues for sale.

Where do you find pool cues for sale on facebook?

Are they listed (and searched for) in a completely different way then the for sale section of this forum, or ebay (for example)?

Please help me understand how I can browse pool cues that are available for sale on facebook?

Do I need to know dealers, or people (pool players), and search their individual pages, to see if they have any cues for sale, or how do I find cues for sale on facebook?

Thanks a lot for a link to the pool cue marketplace (if such a place actually exists), and please do not give me a hard time for not being able to find it myself.

Thanks again.

start here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/billiardsmarket/
as others have said, there's many many more

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please go to "Sneaky Pete Mafia" on facebook. They would LOVE to have you as a member. Not only sales,but a discussion group too. It is PERFECT for YOU !!!

:grin-devilish:

Pay $25 dollars or so and join the famous Cue Connections group where you can
deal with experts on every type of cue and ask questions for exact answers.

No need to go anywhere else when you have them in your corner.

:killingme:

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:grin-devilish:

Pay $25 dollars or so and join the famous Cue Connections group where you can
deal with experts on every type of cue and ask questions for exact answers.

No need to go anywhere else when you have them in your corner.

:killingme:

Who are the so-called "experts" in that group?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
You can go to USED pool sticks FOR SALE Facebook Group and enter the brand cue you are looking for in the "search" button. This will allow you to view all of the posts that have that name in them.

This group has about 5,000 members.

Whatever you do, don't try to sell your cue there and bump the thread. The admins over there don't allow bumping the threads.

JoeyA

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Yeah quite a few groups and even some cue raffles...

A little for everyone....

Good luck....

JV

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also, try searching FB for pool groups in your area. For example there is a Wichita Pool Players group here. It's a closed group so you have to ask to join. It has all sorts of info on leagues, tournaments, buy and sell, etc. for the Wichita area and the Midwest. You could also ask around your area at pool halls, or local builders. A couple of the Wichita builders sometimes play or sub in some of the leagues here. Networking is your friend - good luck.

You can go to USED pool sticks FOR SALE Facebook Group and enter the brand cue you are looking for in the "search" button. This will allow you to view all of the posts that have that name in them.

This group has about 5,000 members.

Whatever you do, don't try to sell your cue there and bump the thread. The admins over there don't allow bumping the threads.

JoeyA

Thanks a lot for that info. It does seem a little risky without a feedback system in place though. Paypal makes it kind of safe, but it is still risky (because the money can still get taken out of the sellers paypal account, and you may never receive the cue). I also do not like that many of the cues listed are not even for sale, and on top of that, the Admin will ban you if your thread gets bumped. I think this forum is much better organized, and at least here, there is a feedback system in place.

Last edited:
Also, try searching FB for pool groups in your area. For example there is a Wichita Pool Players group here. It's a closed group so you have to ask to join. It has all sorts of info on leagues, tournaments, buy and sell, etc. for the Wichita area and the Midwest. You could also ask around your area at pool halls, or local builders. A couple of the Wichita builders sometimes play or sub in some of the leagues here. Networking is your friend - good luck.

That is interesting info. Thanks.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a lot for that info. It does seem a little risky without a feedback system in place though. Paypal makes it kind of safe, but it is still risky (because the money can still get taken out of the sellers paypal account, and you may never receive the cue). I also do not like that many of the cues listed are not even for sale, and on top of that, the Admin will ban you if your thread gets bumped. I think this forum is much better organized, and at least here, there is a feedback system in place.

The problem with the proliferation of Facebook billiards pages is that many are not effectively moderated by the admins. Scammers banned from AZ are all over the place on Facebook. Some pages have blocked them but others have not.

For example, on Used Pool Sticks For Sale there are four well known documented thiefs.

Correction: six

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
The problem with the proliferation of Facebook billiards pages is that many are not effectively moderated by the admins. Scammers banned from AZ are all over the place on Facebook. Some pages have blocked them but others have not.

For example, on Used Pool Sticks For Sale there are four well known documented thiefs.

Correction: six

YES!
The best advice for FB buyers & sellers is to know your business/trading partner which is essentially what the admins suggest. Get phone numbers of both parties, get addresses of both parties, get MULTIPLE referrals from others on FB, ask around and don't forget about using a third party to handle the transaction (some charge a fee while others don't).

There are thieves everywhere. Don't be gullible. Some con men might convince you that they are the grandchild of Mother Teresa.

JoeyA