Bought Brunswick Metro

priffe

Hello guys
I just bought my first table! :)
after trying to buy a nice Centennial or Anniversary for many years
love that deco look and those are good tables
they just dont exist in Europe (I live in Sweden)
even bought an Anniversary in the US
twice
first was a 9" in Massachusetts
but it was never delivered
second time was a 8" in Texas
but on pickup it turned out to have formica rails and I decided it was a no go
it will be too expensive and complicated to find and buy from the US I think

Now there are a few modern tables that doesnt look too bad
altho I dont much like plastic and particle board
anyway I found a Metro 9" for almost free
Seller is a pro player bought it for himself
his wife wouldnt have it
tore the aprons to bits in a rage :)
guy dispersed the table with his friends so she wouldnt be able to sell it
incomplete
Anyway he finally caved and put it up for sale
and I bought it
picked up the missing bits and pieces from his friends
Now starting to set it up
already made new aprons for it from black plywood
Question is: pockets are torn, probably by the mrs
Can I find new ones?
Cant find Brunswick parts for sale
A bit of a mess but I think this will work out
WRbqe-NwgfHjmgaO5ZwVZNEJRYocLX4LjcWmHPuZlJPiGJXrdUQCod1P6rYCxtjM2GNRaGd7ncwin4GUrbZZDd_LGACxSaYXca6otoVmss10-Tw4bh-ElNJnZ4ly0l-Uouw8jYRn4VfHu0lL1K4k9cHN-u8maCdXrnjiajI3qoqhbYNrp8MKPC2UjY6JnxclT1T6J63efX1HR5Tbiw6mfb9QtwHcq0-BS5wqsytG-_yZzBPmww3GYI5W2fKMgBlVLnrX0Xf-jZV33cbqaLz1-OmKyGWIm-9mENQNez8xlqpl7bFHlmLVYBbdNxm3uPEUK9FdLzyGXVqj6WqkrtcOmkOKWKNxfURLf6Zo6gF-neSJYzIAfQgQUzzlaUMBw17kx5MFopiycDTKW9h__rOJHxIKtkZ8-tVRBFGi6ApnqJ5qktwnOnhvlIMtsvMMdbjB42Qbo89PZUIkcYm7n1oyT5nh6UucTp0UFXGo0QWosMuXGkwj8Z2TnayC_vaMf93wld7mg7dl3_5uKiXpcfkq8aAXTfT6_7kresxa453yz1aEGwNeAAV09aAME1InAo88CLVn5ms_gasiF3sCTD53QWhXoky4mL37TuPAN5XScfLrG7GEgw=w525-h700-no

7FaFPn1IC3zZOhKWeChT2zABqnLcD8QfC9ZJaw4__SeLuzdUth5cqFhDIaVWnewAvie_8-pvu05gyDrAvbUTsi7v6N0t1gxYm6okKZBm9vdUfpztlmDsHLzxacQd6C7t5jzsy5s569Y7uHigFGc-x_5zji5f6mzmrrUPaYIxSbY_r6yb7TQqiRjkv0U7ZLiwSqqQRkEXH1oAbQ-JCu33obH0KPTJom4PCIomXMHZC3j00_pU-wA1v_exsE99jPkHiiCsECpGIPtRwKh0CCONXJl4q9iqPSkfq4Zl0eo1it7uGuzBtlnXC8nCmXL4s4yFzqwc3djt8vvzZ3WLUO288IW5hfm_gVZk9NrihYhT6NIrnnL5vRDXL-20u8FmTSdcGNPPqK2vq5qMOgtC99dHKZ5WJuXmxi6nOJBmwkrYQuJmdfPyvhhj-jYe9y6yT_VM4q51msYGTmbcOvWsA7IjVLil0nPt6uvU18tjbx0VXh8iUxekU4hBzDEdq9YfMkjM4FjM7U_8VXDSloIIyKkvm9LaPOK4MMDHN5UN0g3qRYHc9xQHQ9nirCu5hUmlBP9pomoZvwrGsw4uZ8RXonzhydZjGssMj0P1SqqwwKh5iWImoN651g=w934-h700-no

v8UweT4BWQ2e8BDPkS5QRTVr1IO4UbnKFX-PnU-rbYIsq3kL9eV9U0f82hqrSjfiTxE5oA2Jl6wdDjILJVHw5EUb0g8Q0FjgxAyemwwYp1Ci9oDQD4tTE5k1IlLMVef-K98ugYmBvK2hXqEblJWEbUJTZ4UAQDPUL827744AQwG8tZ68YSC9npnHfGIAwlB5b9v0_ga-6E6i0ZhFLDvnPwzwAxxABnmms6s9m-_b6HHRWVYSYC-2OR8o-ExsS2YMgLu18SqBBe3fr6-6Jg6W66OzR7gCekbMY6hpb4PUgj3umc6c8WOmTYq8PoSEOyyadWQKxMVvvnfugoKjfnzD0M07J7wPYKNz2e23f5Fd17BWR5OccfjHxrinELyWQfZdFY_rDreOc5moEX_B1w7w7UHFJIp9yKOd2EMEGc2yfRsCsE-JdZEubAq8QQ9COPLfj0oR26aCdRhPCydfvQqebOCULvjGwKr-IpHW7IGBU2B6p1DGPpF5imFcZtiIKXsbFS4KU4mKYFCiHLNuceVhsoSXTgBgsZF4og6rYpF-JMxTeB3HfxLQmQut9xfJkEJleHLtrxae69861ZSBkT0zfZrPGdUDIyK8U85pdR38lhAICdk4PQ=w934-h700-no

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
There are Metros in Europe; I've played on Metros all over Europe, mostly in Greece and Cyprus. Check on line and Google the Cyprus Billiards Federation; email their director and he can put you in touch with a guy in Nicosia that has them in his pool room ("Louisiana's"). He had to move to a smaller room a few years ago and he put several in storage. He might be able to help you find some parts.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Congrats that's my FAVORITE modern Pool Table bar none, wish I could get one some day

priffe

There are Metros in Europe; I've played on Metros all over Europe, mostly in Greece and Cyprus. Check on line and Google the Cyprus Billiards Federation; email their director and he can put you in touch with a guy in Nicosia that has them in his pool room ("Louisiana's"). He had to move to a smaller room a few years ago and he put several in storage. He might be able to help you find some parts.
Cyprus is far away :) but yes there are Metros around. Hungary seems to be the new European hub for Brunswick? I will be talking to the distributor in Stockholm again tomorrow to see what they can do.
Congrats that's my FAVORITE modern Pool Table bar none, wish I could get one some day
I am glad to hear the Metro is a good playing table.:cool:
The cushions and slate is in fine shape on this table.
What kind of woman marries a profesional pool player and doesn't let him have a pool table that he bought?....
Enjoy your new table!!
Thanks mate. Marriage....yeah what can I say. I have more space then they had. And they had seven kids with no 8 in the oven.

Would pockets from a Gold Crown fit the Metro?

Last edited:

mechanic/player

Silver Member
Hi. I think that is a Metro copy. I've installed a dozen or so in the past few years and I have never seen one with a frame like that til now. Not saying it's a bad table I just don't think it's a Brunswick Metro.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hi. I think that is a Metro copy. I've installed a dozen or so in the past few years and I have never seen one with a frame like that til now. Not saying it's a bad table I just don't think it's a Brunswick Metro.

Brunswick has farmed a lot of stuff out...it could very well be Brunswick approved.

Harold Smith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the look and play of a Metro. The ones I have played on were great, think it just like a GC but the pocket are more flush to the rails. If I had my choice between a GC or Metro, I would take the Metro.---Smitty

priffe

Aha! Interesting. I will investigate. Not at all familiar with newer tables, been decades since I spent my time in pool halls.
Googling for "Metro copy", I found this- the Super 9-ball Metro. Made in Malaysia?
http://www.probilliard.com.my/_p/prd6/771949671/product/super-9-ball-metro
88eb6a_9ed532383ddc4a834f3a111379eb2224.jpg

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yep I met a dealer from Taiwan selling those ailex metros Only 750 for a 9fter with ball return

And 600 shipped

But he didn't seem to want to ship only one

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Thanks mate. Marriage....yeah what can I say. I have more space then they had. And they had seven kids with no 8 in the oven.

Sounds to me if this professional European pool player kept his "cue" in his "case" a little more often while at home and did not breed so much he may have been able to keep the table.:thumbup:
Congrats on the new table, what a strange story.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Welcome to the boards/forums.
That's a good first table. There is a lot of junk that looks like a pool table on the used market.
I've got to ask how that pocket boot got ripped like that....? It also looks to have a improper mounting hardware that has been compromised.

Rob.M

priffe

Thanks Rob

Can't find identifiers on the table, so far. If Brunswick, wouldn't it have a plaque or tag or something to show? Pockets, dont know what happened there.

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
I think that frame doesn't look like Brunswick metro ..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk