Harris Cues Meltdown on Eddie Wheat Proportions

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
I hope he does as well. Have only purchased 2 cues from him, but they were both very nice. I have enjoyed speaking w him a few times, seemed like a good guy in general, imho.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
I won't say anything against Bobby Harris since he is banned and can't defend himself.
In the screen shot of the Facebook post. He speaks poorly of Dan Spooner. I have sold several cues to mister Spooner. He has been honorable in all dealings we have had.

Larry

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
How did folks take advantage of him, other than the two mopes who still owe him money?

He's saying FU to anyone that bought his cues and sold them for a profit. He made his money on the original sale, so he should be one happy guy. As they found more buyers, he sold them more cues, who then sold them for a little more. Win/win for everyone involved.

Now, he's mad that not everyone is kicking in money to rebuild his biz. Yes, most companies have "wind" policies in Florida. Yeah, they can run into several thousand a year and have a big deductible too. So what. You can buy flood insurance from the govt.

I guarantee you my property taxes alone in Illinois will make your wind insurance and flood insurance look like chicken feed. Flood is not crazy expensive unless you live close to the ocean, then it gets a little pricey, but still NOT as high as property taxes in this shit hole called Illinois :)

Could be wrong and will re read one of the post I glanced through last night but it sounded like there were a few folks that had a number of cues that were not paid for and sold them. If a person purchased and sold the cues yeah, all good. If some folks ended up with cues, sold them and returned zero I would be doing more than making a post on FB.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Lol you're going to see a lot of people trying to sell there Sly's , trying g to get there money back , and it sucks cause you order a custom think you're getting it from the maker to find out its made from someone else , funny I always thought their work looked very similar

My sentiments, exactly. Especially when Sly was doing "his" better work. The gap between "his" points really tightened up over a very short period.

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won't say anything against Bobby Harris since he is banned and can't defend himself.
In the screen shot of the Facebook post. He speaks poorly of Dan Spooner. I have sold several cues to mister Spooner. He has been honorable in all dealings we have had.

Larry

Thank you Larry. I can assure everyone that everything I have, or have had, is paid in full. Rob is a bit confused about our past dealings. I would explain here but my Itrader speaks for itself.

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Than you Larry. I can assure everyone that everything I have, or have had, is paid in full. Rob is a bit confused about our past dealings. I would explain here but my Itrader speaks for itself.

Dan,
You are 4-Star.....
A pleasure to deal with, and know.

Will Prout

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
This is just what pool doesn't need......more negative drama.

Nobody outside of A few will even know about this, pool doesn't matter!

Go to League and ask them who SVB is, you'll get a wtf u talkin bout look.

Nobody cares about pool and anything that happens in pool, 99% of players dont know about and the public certainly doesnt know or care about.
Jason

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nobody cares about pool and anything that happens in pool, 99% of players dont know about and the public certainly doesnt know or care about.
Jason

Yup. Pretty much guarantee you that league players won't know nor care about cue makers and their problems, let alone the players who are known to us on a first name basis. Sad but true.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member

Jason

Yup. Pretty much guarantee you that league players won't know nor care about cue makers and their problems, let alone the players who are known to us on a first name basis. Sad but true.

So true. And, I brought this up here, off of Facebook, because we here, who spend thousands of dollars on custom cues, do care. I very much so like to know who is making my cues.

Josh

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Could be wrong and will re read one of the post I glanced through last night but it sounded like there were a few folks that had a number of cues that were not paid for and sold them. If a person purchased and sold the cues yeah, all good. If some folks ended up with cues, sold them and returned zero I would be doing more than making a post on FB.

Hence, why my first sentence said "excluding" the two mopes who stiffed him for money. The rest of the folks that bought and paid for the cues, they didn't do anything wrong.

Ferrari does not cry in their Wheaties when they see one of their cars sell for more than someone purchased it for? Sometimes for 10 times as much. Nope, not a word. They sit back and enjoy the fact that folks are clamoring for their work of arts. They already got paid for their car, what someone else makes after that is none of their concern, nor should it be.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
So true. And, I brought this up here, off of Facebook, because we here, who spend thousands of dollars on custom cues, do care. I very much so like to know who is making my cues.

Josh
:thumbup:
That guy has had issues from the start - using the S logo was the big one, then pumping out cues left and right - nah, a cue made in 3 weeks will never warp. Lol.
Most of us even gave him a pass for copying every know cuemaker in history. Harris has his own set of problems as we can see.

I wouldn't have ever bought a cue from either one of them myself, plenty of other guys out there without all the issues.
Jason

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup:
That guy has had issues from the start - using the S logo was the big one, then pumping out cues left and right - nah, a cue made in 3 weeks will never warp. Lol.
Most of us even gave him a pass for copying every know cuemaker in history. Harris has his own set of problems as we can see.

I wouldn't have ever bought a cue from either one of them myself, plenty of other guys out there without all the issues.
Jason
I am easily confused.

Is it accepted as fact that this Harris guy was making sly's cues?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^^^^ what he said ^^^^

Where is Sly on this ?

-Kat,
And why? I know he spent a assload of money on machinery and knows what he's doing.

Volume is the the only reason I can come up with...and Dale Perry already showed what happens with that.

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
Hence, why my first sentence said "excluding" the two mopes who stiffed him for money. The rest of the folks that bought and paid for the cues, they didn't do anything wrong.

Ferrari does not cry in their Wheaties when they see one of their cars sell for more than someone purchased it for? Sometimes for 10 times as much. Nope, not a word. They sit back and enjoy the fact that folks are clamoring for their work of arts. They already got paid for their car, what someone else makes after that is none of their concern, nor should it be.

Definitely, and my message was simply referring to the folks who take advantage of others, regardless of the situation, natural disaster or what not, just in general...