Heading to China in May.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost every year? Now that’s BS. You either own a company and have a partnership or you don’t. You don’t “almost” get a K1. No such thing. A K1 is the result of a profit and loss and is distributed to partners according to percentage. Very similar to a W2 but on the corporate level. The K1 combined with W2’s and any other income 1099 investment gains or losses or other are then submitted to your accountant to be reconciled which determines your tax basis.

So you learned two things today.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

You are completely wrong. Many publicly traded companies are Partnerships of some kind which you may not even know when you buy them. You get K-1s on them The K-1 s have as many (by memory) as 21 different boxes that may have $ numbers in them. A real pain when you do your taxes and i do my own.

So i guess with all your money, you haven't done too much investing in the market.

And if you learned ONE thing today, it's that you dont know everything!!

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are completely wrong. Many publicly traded companies are Partnerships of some kind which you may not even know when you buy them. You get K-1s on them The K-1 s have as many (by memory) as 21 different boxes that may have $ numbers in them. A real pain when you do your taxes and i do my own.

So i guess with all your money, you haven't done too much investing in the market.

And if you learned ONE thing today, it's that you dont know everything!!

Don’t worry poor stroke I never said I knew everything and if you see my prior response you will see I mentioned I learned something. I do not do the business of investing in small banks so I wouldn’t know any of that.

Let’s just remember that you called BS. So after explaining it to you I would hope you would have a slightly different posture. It matters none what a person makes to me. We already know that every pool player here is a millionaire. It’s splattered throughout the threads when someone wants to pump their chests.

This forum is filled with unrealistic people that feel everyone else is full of shit. I am not one to lie or spread BS. What I say is what I know of and I certainly didn’t randomly go after you. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don’t worry poor stroke I never said I knew everything and if you see my prior response you will see I mentioned I learned something. I do not do the business of investing in small banks so I wouldn’t know any of that.

Let’s just remember that you called BS. So after explaining it to you I would hope you would have a slightly different posture. It matters none what a person makes to me. We already know that every pool player here is a millionaire. It’s splattered throughout the threads when someone wants to pump their chests.

This forum is filled with unrealistic people that feel everyone else is full of shit. I am not one to lie or spread BS. What I say is what I know of and I certainly didn’t randomly go after you. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

Well i consider "I call Bs" to be akin to 'Really?' or similar but my definition isnt everyone's so i get you. I eventually read your post above in which you redeemed yourself fairly well. Im good-Hope you are.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member

I’m not a millionaire :( Can someone spot me a tenner?

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. I feel pretty. I don’t even know where his comments came from. Happy Fathers Day!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dayum! I need some pointers!

Obviously I need some pointers from youse guys! One of my best years I lost 50-60 thousand and that wasn't even when I was farming!

Hu

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm lost, is this the investment and tax thread, which is NPR, or is this still MY thread about where I'm heading to sell my glue?

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just marking my place. LOL, I've actually read each post.
First off, congratulations Glen, for making your own product and getting it distributed all over the world. Wanted to get this thread back on topic :)
I learned what a SDS is....WOOHOO! When I was 10 years old, I knew it was harmful to sniff glue. I didn't need a warning label on the back to know this. Is there a glue you can sniff that is good for you?
Geez, all this back and forth over trivial stuff.
Glen, where ya headed next?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just marking my place. LOL, I've actually read each post.
First off, congratulations Glen, for making your own product and getting it distributed all over the world. Wanted to get this thread back on topic :)
I learned what a SDS is....WOOHOO! When I was 10 years old, I knew it was harmful to sniff glue. I didn't need a warning label on the back to know this. Is there a glue you can sniff that is good for you?
Geez, all this back and forth over trivial stuff.
Glen, where ya headed next?
First place in August is Africa, meeting with the coin op manufacturer there that has built and distributed over 300,000 coin ops throughout Africa, wants a demonstration of my adhesive at his factory, then they want distribution for their country. After there, I'm off to India, then China, then finally Korea, then back home for a little while.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First place in August is Africa, meeting with the coin op manufacturer there that has built and distributed over 300,000 coin ops throughout Africa, wants a demonstration of my adhesive at his factory, then they want distribution for their country. After there, I'm off to India, then China, then finally Korea, then back home for a little while.

Glen, are you ever worried about someone in those countries reverse engineering your product and manufacturing it for themselves under a different name?
Did you have a way to tell them why your product is better than any imitators that may arise in the future?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen, are you ever worried about someone in those countries reverse engineering your product and manufacturing it for themselves under a different name?
Did you have a way to tell them why your product is better than any imitators that may arise in the future?

Got that covered, it's called supply and demand support. Without the backing of the cloth manufacturers as I have, good luck trying to move a product that the manufacturers in this industry don't support, let alone one as well as the adhesive works. Second problem is trying to show support in this industry with video directions showing how to use this adhesive, all anyone else can do is offer up the adhesive for sale with no industry support to endorse the product, and no instructions on how to use it, unless they want to copy my free video support as well.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Yeah, I would not worry about that. Elmers glue has been around a lot of years. I'm sure folks know how to make glue. But, others don't have the marketing, advertising and connections to get their stuff on the shelf's.

As they say, you don't sell the steak, you sell the sizzle :) Name brands are out there for a reason. Folks want what they know, that has a reputation behind it already. So, imitators come and go.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Got that covered, it's called supply and demand support. Without the backing of the cloth manufacturers as I have, good luck trying to move a product that the manufacturers in this industry don't support, let alone one as well as the adhesive works. Second problem is trying to show support in this industry with video directions showing how to use this adhesive, all anyone else can do is offer up the adhesive for sale with no industry support to endorse the product, and no instructions on how to use it, unless they want to copy my free video support as well.

Hmmm. That seems a little optimistic regarding China and Korea. It’s the Wild West over here in the East. Remember that thread with the guy selling Min Takini cloth and the packaging had Simonis on it? Their website had Simonis on it, too. The explanation was that they also sold Simonis. I have NEVER seen Simonis on a table in Korea. Maybe, in a high end carom club, but not on a pool table.

I understand manufacturer backing for the pro tours, etc, but the majority of cloth installation would happen in public clubs, no? And the local cloth manufacturers don’t care who installs their cloth. Those guys and the guys that work on the tables don’t give a crap where their product comes from, as long as it’s cheap/cheaper. And they will absolutely copy/remake your free video support. I mean, someone will have to do that for local language support as well.

I don’t know if someone will copy your product. I guess it depends if they see profit in it. I do know that in other industries even legal limitations have very little effect on local production of fake gear :(

I hope it doesn’t happen with you, but I do hope you do everything you can to secure your product.