What type of person would throw their hands up and yell in celebration after a miss?

I am really sickened by the way that Johnny Archer acted after Dennis Orcollo miscued on a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAjrTe5s0Ps

I do not know Johnny Archer, and I do not know what type of person he is (I have honestly not followed his career, or seen his behavior after during most of the matches that he has ever played), but he was my most favorite player as a kid, and I always looked up to him.

I can't believe that he (or any Pro player player, who regularly plays in front of an audience) would act like that.

Is this normal behavior for Johnny Archer?

Just curious.

I am sorry, but I just happened to stumble on to that video, and was shocked by the way that Johnny Archer acted, after Orcollo made an error (miscue) on a hil/hill game for the Championship title.

I had to re watch it several times, because I was in such disbelief about the way he acted.

I am sorry if this topic has already been posted about.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesnt look like disrespect. But he may have pooped himself.

I believe you have the two mixed up.

If you find yourself in the finals of a tournament, it has been a hard match, goes Hill-hill, your opponent is a runout player, the tables playable but not easy, your hanging on his every shot, and all of a sudden....

See where this is going.
No need to get the undies in a bunch over this one.

Last edited:

If you find yourself in the finals of a tournament, it has been a hard match, goes Hill-hill, your opponent is a runout player, the tables playable but not easy, your hanging on his every shot, and all of a sudden....

See where this is going.

I am sorry, but I think that it was completely disrespectful to Orcollo (in my opinion). There should be no throwing your hands up in the air, and making noise (in what seemed like cheer to me) after a player (your opponent) makes a match (and in this case, Championship) losing error. I just think it was really messed up. Unbelievably disrespectful (in my opinion).

Last edited:

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
people who make a living flipping coins that's who. a free heads came up and he was happy.

btw this is nothing compared to the dipshit that was dancing around the table and jumping in the air when his opponent failed to call the winning 3 inch straight in shot in the side pocket

Last edited:

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I see him being totally excited at the victory which has just been handed to him, from sure defeat. With that ball layout it was a sure thing for either one of them. It would appear to me not to be intended disrespect. Dennis did not see it that way.

In the finals of a team tournament, I was playing the case game. My opponent made two difficult shots to get straight in on the eight which he then hit into the rail. My team mate (a pro player) was so excited he slapped me on the back so hard he knocked me half way to the table. Not disrespect just excitement at a second life.

See where this is going.

I understand what you are saying (and I also understand that I will never know the feeling of being in his shoes), but it is something that I would never do (act like that after my opponent misses), and it should not matter that it was a hil/hill Championship game. I mean, gosh, why could he (Johnny) not feel a little for the player who made that match losing error? I understand that it is no mercy, but why act that way?

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in his defense he realized he was being a dick immediately and toned it down. many people have acted way more disrespectfully over their opponents misfortunes.

I see him being totally excited at the victory which has just been handed to him, from sure defeat. With that ball layout it was a sure thing for either one of them. It would appear to me not to be intended disrespect. Dennis did not see it that way.

In the finals of a team tournament, I was playing the case game. My opponent made two difficult shots to get straight in on the eight which he then hit into the rail. My team mate (a pro player) was so excited he slapped me on the back so hard he knocked me half way to the table. Not disrespect just excitement at a second life.

Okay, well I would never act in act in such a manor. I would get up, and try my best to win the game winning match, but I would never throw my hands up in the air, and shout out in glory. The glory should wait until after he has 1st pocketed the game winning ball, and shake the opponents hand.

in his defense he realized he was being a dick immediately and toned it down. many people have acted way more disrespectfully over their opponents misfortunes.

Okay, well it is nice to know that he at least felt bad about the way he acted. I thought he owed Orcollo an apology. I am sorry. It just shocked me, seeing my all time most favorite player act that way.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, well I would never act in act in such a manor. I would get up, and try my best to win the game winning match, but I would never throw my hands up in the air, and shout out in glory. The glory should wait until after he has 1st pocketed the game winning ball, and shake the opponents hand.

Don't worry about it you will never be in that position. The funny thing was Dennis chalked up 5 times on the ball before and that ball right before the miscue.

Don't worry about it you will never be in that position. The funny thing was Dennis chalked up 5 times on the ball before and that ball right before the miscue.

I understand that I will never be in the position that he was in (but that is not the point), and it should not matter how big of a mistake Orcollo made. Johnny Archers behavior was very disrespectful. Good sportsman do not act that way. Show your opponents respect. Do not throw your arms up in the air and cheer when they make a mistake.

Last edited:

This is off topic, but yeah, he really was cueing very low on the cue ball (I think). It was a very surprising error. I can only imagine how nerve racking a hil/hill champinship match would be, but these are very seasoned pro's. Their nerves are as solid as a rock. Hard to believe that they would be nervous, even at that point in a match. Very focused (yeah), but not nervous.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand what you are saying (and I also understand that I will never know the feeling of being in his shoes), but it is something that I would never do (act like that after my opponent misses), and it should not matter that it was a hil/hill Championship game. I mean, gosh, why could he (Johnny) not feel a little for the player who made that match losing error? I understand that it is no mercy, but why act that way?

Its called surprise or astonishment. He did realize that his inner monologue had become an exterior situation real quick.

I cant tell if your serious or not?

If not, nice one you got me:thumbup:

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people are sore winners
Some are sore loosers

Some people have fun at the table
Others worry and complain about the difficult work

i never celebrate my opponent's bad luck
But some people i know do

When i am about to scratch the cueball
One guy i know says, get in there!

Or if i am about to roll into a good safe
He will yell, stopstopstop!

But it's not for me

Didn't dennis mutter
Thank you
To johnny as he passed by in front of the camera?

people who make a living flipping coins that's who. a free heads came up and he was happy.

btw this is nothing compared to the dipshit that was dancing around the table and jumping in the air when his opponent failed to call the winning 3 inch straight in shot in the side pocket

You make a great point. I remember watching that video awhile back. That was by far the worst behavior that I have ever seen from a pool player. I can't remember the players name (but I do remember his face, and noticed him as the DCC last year). I do remember that it was at the Manny Pacquiao Cup (I think).