Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
rubino_2_hi.jpg

rubino_4_hi.jpg

JV

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the top cue. Butterfly's and Barbells aren't for everyone but I love it.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
what kind of wood is the forearm on the scalloped lizard butterfly cue, it looks like it was made from a very old blank, oak?

dave sutton

Banned
lol... that top cue is awesome. i hope my wife never sees it. she doesnt even play pool but shed have to have it...

pawnmon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what it is about Pauls designs, but they just seem to strike the right note with me. Love those two examples.

classiccues

Silver Member
Jazz said:
I like the bottom cue alot ... how even are the butterfly points?

They are really good. Paul is really a better cuemaker than he gets credit for.
You will get a much better feel when the new encyclopedia comes out. I have seen the photos and his cues are very exceptional.

JV

classiccues

Silver Member
One more and an observation....

rub_bfly_2.jpg

rub_bfly_1.jpg

This was a REALLY old butterfly cue that was only salvageable through a conversion.

To those who liked this little introduction to Pauls work, your welcome. To the one nit who continues to pound Paul. Cues and art are mirrored together in the fact that they both need an artisan and one who appreciates said artisan. But the art from said artisan may not be for everybody. Now pool cues need to be functional, but so does art. I mean really I am not going to hang a finger painting on my wall, I want to put something nice. So in a way it to is functional. But you need to appreciate the art.

Some people might appreciate this:
Milt7.jpg

Some may like this..
ve038-1.jpg

Or in the end.. maybe they are only both liked by the few who have to sell them, right buddy?

JV

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
classiccues said:
rub_bfly_2.jpg

rub_bfly_1.jpg

This was a REALLY old butterfly cue that was only salvageable through a conversion.

To those who liked this little introduction to Pauls work, your welcome. To the one nit who continues to pound Paul. Cues and art are mirrored together in the fact that they both need an artisan and one who appreciates said artisan. But the art from said artisan may not be for everybody. Now pool cues need to be functional, but so does art. I mean really I am not going to hang a finger painting on my wall, I want to put something nice. So in a way it to is functional. But you need to appreciate the art.

Some people might appreciate this:
Milt7.jpg

Some may like this..
ve038-1.jpg

Or in the end.. maybe they are only both liked by the few who have to sell them, right buddy?

JV

joe,,,clearly you failed to grasp the core of my issue with paul. iirc, i never criticized his design per se,,,,rather his(and maybe this is for the umpteenth time) lack of pure integrity and "duck tape mentality", to quote myself AGAIN for the umpteenth time now to you and his most vigorous defender.

now if you want me to tell you why he has a ducktape mentality i will gladly do so and openly on this forum. if you want me to tell you why i feel he lacks pure integrity i will do THAT as well,,,openly on this forum. i can defend myself statements EASILY on both issues. i never exposited on said statements because what's the point. victor never called me out either,,,he knows better. but if you're dumb enough to want me to, i not only will, i'll bet almost all cuemakers would honestly agree with me!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

classiccues

Silver Member
bruin70 said:
joe,,,clearly you failed to grasp the core of my issue with paul. iirc, i never criticized his design per se,,,,rather his(and maybe this is for the umpteenth time) lack of pure integrity and "duck tape mentality", to quote myself AGAIN for the umpteenth time now to you and his most vigorous defender.

now if you want me to tell you why he has a ducktape mentality i will gladly do so and openly on this forum. if you want me to tell you why i feel he lacks pure integrity i will do THAT as well,,,openly on this forum. i can defend myself statements EASILY on both issues.

Milt, I can go back and cut and paste more of stuff like this.. "i think rubino cues play poorly, and they look equally bad" This very quote is a critique of his design that is pretty straightforward. If you want to BS someone, I am not the guy. No per se about it, you have been doing it forever and if you want to critique his work I think its only fair to put you in the same situation. Now maybe your painting is your fantasy of Bozo the clown in a bath towel, but I don't care.

But you don't IIRC, that is for certain. Lets keep on it since you don't remember.. if you want me to embarrass paul, i can give a clear example of why he has no sense of design,, when last i saw, rubino made the worst, butt ugliest cues in the biz, they played notoriously poorly,,and was known for it, which i can only describe as lacking of finese. he has no design sensibilities.. when picking woods. his theory was if the wood had blemishes, let them alone in their natural state. which was to say, he was too lazy to pick quality woods.

So you still think you haven't said anything about his design.. "per se"..

JV

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
classiccues said:
Milt, I can go back and cut and paste more of stuff like this.. "i think rubino cues play poorly, and they look equally bad" This very quote is a critique of his design that is pretty straightforward. If you want to BS someone, I am not the guy. No per se about it, you have been doing it forever and if you want to critique his work I think its only fair to put you in the same situation. Now maybe your painting is your fantasy of Bozo the clown in a bath towel, but I don't care.

But you don't IIRC, that is for certain. Lets keep on it since you don't remember.. if you want me to embarrass paul, i can give a clear example of why he has no sense of design,, when last i saw, rubino made the worst, butt ugliest cues in the biz, they played notoriously poorly,,and was known for it, which i can only describe as lacking of finese. he has no design sensibilities.. when picking woods. his theory was if the wood had blemishes, let them alone in their natural state. which was to say, he was too lazy to pick quality woods.

So you still think you haven't said anything about his design.. "per se"..

JV
well,,,,i said "i think" ie it is my opinion that,,,,,
i know full well that cue hit is a subjective thing.

but if you want me to back up my statement about paul's design i will.

so rather than you trying to redirect the issue to whether i said or didn't say something, we can both stay on the point about paul's cues or leave it. up to you.