Anyone with a table against the wall?

mrgoob

Registered
I can get a 9' Brunswick Heritage in good shape for free. I know a mechanic who can install it with new cloth for $500. Trouble is I don't have a room big enough. I want to be able to work on my stroke, position play and ball pocketing drills. I do have the room to push the short side against a wall and use the other three sides of the table. I know it's not ideal, however, I figure this way at least I can practice until I can build an addition. Anyone have a table used in this fashion?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I can get a 9' Brunswick Heritage in good shape for free. I know a mechanic who can install it with new cloth for $500. Trouble is I don't have a room big enough. I want to be able to work on my stroke, position play and ball pocketing drills. I do have the room to push the short side against a wall and use the other three sides of the table. I know it's not ideal, however, I figure this way at least I can practice until I can build an addition. Anyone have a table used in this fashion?

My advice is...buy the table.

I have a friend who only had room for one side and one end.
After maybe 15 years...he sold the table...says his game has gone downhill since.,a lot.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
better some than none!

I can't say I have been there but I did have a chance to get a very cheap table many years ago. It wouldn't stay level, pockets like #3 washtubs, but I hit balls at least a little every day. The way the house was made there was a hall that paralleled the living room. I could walk down the hall or through the living room every time I went to get a snack or headed for the bathroom. I made a point of going through the living room and running at least one rack of balls every trip. That junk eight foot table helped my game tremendously. I did buy a set of balls that cost me more than the table did used.

I say get the table. You will soon be playing shape to avoid the dead area.

Hu

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I complain about my situation because I have plenty of spots where a wall is in the way but having an entire side gone... but I would also say to go for it. Nothing better for your game than having a table at home. You can still get better and better and it will be freeing when you get on an open table somewhere else.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sliding platform.

Build a sliding platform so you can move the table out from the wall when needed. Home Depot is your friend.

Lou Figueroa
wow these
are strong