A message from OB Cues

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
In 2005 Don Owen and Royce Bunnell began OB Cues based on a quality product proudly built in the USA, Texas to be exact. A lot of things have changed over the years including Shane Sinnott joining the OB team in 2012 and the passing of Royce in 2015. In order to keep Royce’s legacy alive, Don and Shane decided to keep OB and its legacy of a great quality product growing strong. As with all change, good and bad, people can grow uneasy and rumors begin. Here at OB we aren’t interested in the rumors however we do want to make sure our loyal fan base understands what is happening here in Texas.

OB products have changed through the years. The way we build shafts now is not the same as when we first started, in 2005. We have made many changes along the way and we will continue to make changes. The way we build cues (handles) now is also different than in 2012 (when we first started building handles). Discovering and adopting improvements in methods and materials is important to any successful company. The quality of our products has always been and will continue to be a top priority. Thankfully the demand for OB cues and shafts continues to grow and we believe that growth relates, at least in part, to the quality standards we maintain.

We recently hired a production consultant, Dale Perry, to come in for 1 week to help us make some positive changes in our production department. For those who don’t know, Dale has been building cues for almost 30 years, was one of the founding members of the American Cuemakers Association and one of its board members for several terms. In 1 week, Dale and the OB team were able to find and implement multiple changes to machines, processes and productivity while never once decreasing the quality, durability or performance of any of the OB products.

However, when forming an opinion of our company and our products, should you take our word for it? Should you listen to rumors? We suggest that you decide for yourself and the best way to do that is to try an OB Cue or OB Shaft. They are proudly made in America by a team of dedicated people whose livelihoods depend on you, the pool player. We will continue to do everything in our power to earn your business and your respect.

Shane Sinnott, President & Don Owen, Co-founder

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I have 2 OB shafts and an OB Lift jump cue. All 3 are outstanding products that I'm proud to own and recommend.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 2 OB shafts and an OB Lift jump cue. All 3 are outstanding products that I'm proud to own and recommend.

This is not so much about the past as it is the future.
I hope that future OB owners will be able to be equally proud of their sticks.
If OB is changing their production method, who knows....

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those who don’t know, Dale has been building cues for almost 30 years,

was one of the founding members of the American Cuemakers Association

and one of its board members for several terms.

None of this has anything to do with whether or not his cues are quality cues, just means he's able to turn out a fast product.

I think a lot of members here would agree that his cues are not considered good.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
None of this has anything to do with whether or not his cues are quality cues, just means he's able to turn out a fast product.

I think a lot of members here would agree that his cues are not considered good.

Like trying to convince someone, Don King is a honest guy, because he promoted over 30 fights :thumbup:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
great post shane
and great company OB CUES for the quality of the products they make and the customer service
OB CUES recommended without reservation

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
This is not so much about the past as it is the future.
I hope that future OB owners will be able to be equally proud of their sticks.
If OB is changing their production method, who knows....

My point is that we have no real evidence the quality of products produced by OB has changed. We have conjecture from a disgruntled employee, but all of the hard evidence is the products we own, past experience with customer service (top notch), and their support of pool through sponsorships etc. There may come a day where we have hard evidence that OB products aren't what they once were, but we haven't seen it for ourselves yet so I withhold judgment. OB has earned that by their actions over the years.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 2005 Don Owen and Royce Bunnell began OB Cues based on a quality product proudly built in the USA, Texas to be exact. A lot of things have changed over the years including Shane Sinnott joining the OB team in 2012 and the passing of Royce in 2015. In order to keep Royce’s legacy alive, Don and Shane decided to keep OB and its legacy of a great quality product growing strong. As with all change, good and bad, people can grow uneasy and rumors begin. Here at OB we aren’t interested in the rumors however we do want to make sure our loyal fan base understands what is happening here in Texas.

OB products have changed through the years. The way we build shafts now is not the same as when we first started, in 2005. We have made many changes along the way and we will continue to make changes. The way we build cues (handles) now is also different than in 2012 (when we first started building handles). Discovering and adopting improvements in methods and materials is important to any successful company. The quality of our products has always been and will continue to be a top priority. Thankfully the demand for OB cues and shafts continues to grow and we believe that growth relates, at least in part, to the quality standards we maintain.

We recently hired a production consultant, Dale Perry, to come in for 1 week to help us make some positive changes in our production department. For those who don’t know, Dale has been building cues for almost 30 years, was one of the founding members of the American Cuemakers Association and one of its board members for several terms. In 1 week, Dale and the OB team were able to find and implement multiple changes to machines, processes and productivity while never once decreasing the quality, durability or performance of any of the OB products.

However, when forming an opinion of our company and our products, should you take our word for it? Should you listen to rumors? We suggest that you decide for yourself and the best way to do that is to try an OB Cue or OB Shaft. They are proudly made in America by a team of dedicated people whose livelihoods depend on you, the pool player. We will continue to do everything in our power to earn your business and your respect.

Shane Sinnott, President & Don Owen, Co-founder
Hmmm, Dale Perry huh !!!

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only a matter of time now.

Attachments

• the-end-is-near.jpg
    the-end-is-near.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,216

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
In 1 week, Dale and the OB team were able to find and implement multiple changes to machines, processes and productivity while never once decreasing the quality, durability or performance of any of the OB products.

Well certainly not absolutely always true, but it's rare that you can change 1) quality 2) cost or 3) speed of manufacturing without changing any of the other factors.

Good luck to OB, and as a side note, does Dale Perry actually sell any cues???

For the record, I play with a piece of wood that came up from the bottom of a lake, and I have in the past played with three different OB shafts and though they were fine.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I just read the FB response by Royce Bunnell's widow about this and she is not a happy camper with how things are going at OB, to say the least.

My thought is that if you know your rep means so much in an industry such as this, why would you align yourself with a "consultant" whose name is synonymous with low quality? :confused:

The distinct impression the majority are left with, with OB forming an association with Dale Perry, plus reading the allegations by former OB employee Kenne Thomas then the response by Royce's wife, Mary Bunnell, is that OB is willing to sacrifice quality in order to achieve higher volume.

In essence, trampling on Royce Bunnell's legacy regarding superior quality. :(

If true, what a shame.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:
Reactions: KRJ

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I see his cues all over ebay and honestly, if he's using quality materials he can't be making a profit on most of them, which tends to make me think he uses inferior materials and/or is cutting corners on construction methods.

Heyyosteve

Registered
OB cues..Shane Sinnott, why even bother making the RB tribute cue. It's quite clear that you didn't respect the man who built the company. By building that line you think your honouring him, why is that? Because you wanna look good? Say you did the right thing?

It's also quite clear on your feelings towards the deceased owner's wife by firing her, alienating Kenne by bullshitting your way through the process like you care.

OB fell in your lap and everyone has choices in life and you made a bad one.

I always believe that actions speak louder than words........... You associate DP with anything and the value will immediately go down.