Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page 93ball run on tape
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Salamander
AzB Silver Member
Salamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-29-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgwalsh View Post
Some good matches:

Sigel v. Zuglan 150 and out
Hopkins v. Rempe very nice cue ball control older style 14.1
Rempe v. San Souci, very instructive with player review Rempe with Pat Fleming
West v.Zuglan, nice smooth stroke and patterns of Dallas West
Souquet v. Reyes excellent game
Lane v Archer, player review by Dick Lane with Pat Fleming.
That Zuglan v. West match is terrific....with commentary by...help me out...the scratchy voiced New York player. Old school pool played by D. West. I also liked that Lane v. Archer match.

A match between Reyes and Rempe is also very good.

The Jim Pierce butcher job on my cue: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=267593

By far the lousiest work I've ever seen from a "cuemaker". Total junk.

Old
  (#17)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

10-29-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
That Zuglan v. West match is terrific....with commentary by...help me out...the scratchy voiced New York player. Old school pool played by D. West. I also liked that Lane v. Archer match.

A match between Reyes and Rempe is also very good.
was that Boston Shorty, doing the commentary ??

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136
(10 years in the making to go from 119 to 136...Never give up)

2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#18)
sausage
Banned
sausage has a reputation beyond reputesausage has a reputation beyond reputesausage has a reputation beyond reputesausage has a reputation beyond reputesausage has a reputation beyond reputesausage has a reputation beyond reputesausage has a reputation beyond reputesausage has a reputation beyond reputesausage has a reputation beyond reputesausage has a reputation beyond reputesausage has a reputation beyond repute

10-29-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
on a breakshot on around 100 balls, he misses big and the object ball goes 4 rails and back into the calld pocket
i hate to admit it but i've done that shot more than once! lol..... it's not that uncommon in 14.1 actually.

Old
  (#19)
Salamander
AzB Silver Member
Salamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond reputeSalamander has a reputation beyond repute

10-29-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekur1 View Post
was that Boston Shorty, doing the commentary ??
No...just remembered Ervalino. What was neat is that Ervalino was calling the last 5 to 8 shots that Dallas was going to play in each rack. He was right every time I think. He would croak "old school pool" in that gravely voice of his every so often. Mosconi, well into his later years, was a spectator in the audience.

The Jim Pierce butcher job on my cue: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=267593

Old
  (#20)
Salamander
AzB Silver Member

10-29-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausage View Post
i hate to admit it but i've done that shot more than once! lol..... it's not that uncommon in 14.1 actually.
I'm embarrased to say that my high run at the time...about 10 years ago...included a shot that I missed so badly, the object ball double banked back into the called pocket. I never really felt all that great about the run because of this fluke.

Old
  (#21)
stevekur1
The "COMMISH"
stevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond reputestevekur1 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4700

10-29-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
No...just remembered Ervalino. What was neat is that Ervalino was calling the last 5 to 8 shots that Dallas was going to play in each rack. He was right every time I think. He would croak "old school pool" in that gravely voice of his every so often. Mosconi, well into his later years, was a spectator in the audience.
That's it.....didnt know Johnny did commentary, miss him he was a great man and a phenomenal player !!!!

Bayshore Billiards 14.1 League ~ Facebook Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/Bayshorebilliardsstraightpool

High Runs:

2019 - In Game - 127
2018 - Practice - 136
(10 years in the making to go from 119 to 136...Never give up)

2011 - Highest on Video - 50

50 ball evaluation by Blackjack David Sapolis -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiBfKo85z4g

Old
  (#22)
sascha
AzB Silver Member
sascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond repute

11-01-2010, 02:21 AM

I finally watched the run. Well, you are a good shotmaker no doubt but like you said, your patter play needs to improve as well as say the last 4-5 balls on the table, i often saw you make it way harder then it was and that caused you to shoot tough shots. On that table it went allright but on another tighter table the run would have ended much earlier.

Never the less, 93 is real strong. How many yrs you been playing ? Had a teacher ? You sure will get these runs more often once you improved on some points...like i said, get those 14.1 videos...

good job

Old
  (#23)
terhje
AzB Silver Member
terhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to terhje  
11-03-2010, 09:58 AM

thx for the match recomandations, i will get them all.
thanks sascha.i've been playing for almost 4 years,
but i've had a broken wrist, so not the most efficient 4years..
I havent had any teachers, but i read/watch everything i can get my hands on.
i've been trying to get Danny Harrimans dvd, i've heard its great.. no reply from him tho. any of you know how i can get it?

I'm shooting pool, Fats. When I miss, you can shoot. -Fast Eddie
I've seen this movie to many times..

Old
  (#24)
AndyofLA
formerly 310Shooter
AndyofLA has a reputation beyond reputeAndyofLA has a reputation beyond reputeAndyofLA has a reputation beyond reputeAndyofLA has a reputation beyond reputeAndyofLA has a reputation beyond reputeAndyofLA has a reputation beyond reputeAndyofLA has a reputation beyond reputeAndyofLA has a reputation beyond reputeAndyofLA has a reputation beyond reputeAndyofLA has a reputation beyond reputeAndyofLA has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to AndyofLA  
11-03-2010, 06:47 PM

nice run kid!

if you havent seen the TAR match between John Schmidt and Danny Harriman it's pretty good. i recommend it. race to 400. there are 4 separate runs over 100+ during this match.

keep on shooting.. you've got a bright future ahead!

Shoot anything that moves... with a movie camera

mezz player, musashi shaft, ob break, lomax jump, justis case

click here to watch matches that I've streamed...

www.AndyofLA.com

Old
  (#25)
Vahmurka
...and I get all da rolls
Vahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond reputeVahmurka has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2300

11-04-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terhje View Post
i've been trying to get Danny Harrimans dvd, i've heard its great..
are you sure it is not John Schmidt's DVD you are looking for? Danny's one is also good, but John's miked runs are great!

Old
  (#26)
sascha
AzB Silver Member
sascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond reputesascha has a reputation beyond repute

11-04-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahmurka View Post
are you sure it is not John Schmidt's DVD you are looking for? Danny's one is also good, but John's miked runs are great!
he might be talking about Harrimans 280 ball run dvd

Old
  (#27)
terhje
AzB Silver Member
terhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond reputeterhje has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to terhje  
11-04-2010, 06:00 PM

yea its the Danny Hariman 280ball run im looking for. Is it for sales in any online stores?
I got the 250+ run from Smith, its nice I will get the danny vs smith video, i read the arguements after match:P

I'm shooting pool, Fats. When I miss, you can shoot. -Fast Eddie
I've seen this movie to many times..

Old
  (#28)
sascha
AzB Silver Member

11-05-2010, 04:08 AM

Quote:
yea its the Danny Hariman 280ball run im looking for. Is it for sales in any online stores?
I got the 250+ run from Smith, its nice I will get the danny vs smith video, i read the arguements after match:P
check your pms...

I can send u one
Old
  (#29)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up I can send u one - 02-10-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I like your game young man, also like how stay calm cool and collective while moving through the racks - plus - you have a clear rack line that can be seen. I have received no pm from you (hope my pm box is working) I think I can manage a copy of the 280. Send me a pm and we will see if it can be done - Amigo.

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 02-12-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Old
  (#30)
JC
The Thread Stops Here
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

02-10-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
I like your game young man, also like how stay calm cool and collective while moving through the racks - plus - you have a clear rack line that can be seen. I have received no pm from you (hope my pm box is working) I think I can manage a copy of the 280. Send me a pm and we will see if it can be done - Amigo.
You do realize this thread is ten years old right Danny?

The kid has grown up long ago.

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: