U.S. Open - Pinoys are dropping like flies!

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!

OUT
Dennis Orcullo
Lee Van Corteza
Jose Parica
Santos Sambojon
Jundel Mazon
Alex Pagulayan
Roberto Gomez
Antonio Lining

IN
Efren Reyes
Francisco Bustamante
Ronnie Alcano
Ramil Gallego
Warren Kiamco

gordml

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!

OUT
Dennis Orcullo
Lee Van Corteza
Jose Parica
Santos Sambojon
Jundel Mazon
Alex Pagulayan
Roberto Gomez
Antonio Lining

IN
Efren Reyes
Francisco Bustamante
Ronnie Alcano
Ramil Gallego
Warren Kiamco

I know Alex had a huge lead on Sossei, 8-3 , what a comeback congratulations Jeremy!! final score (11-9)

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
Wow!

OUT
Dennis Orcullo
Lee Van Corteza
Jose Parica
Santos Sambojon
Jundel Mazon
Alex Pagulayan
Roberto Gomez
Antonio Lining

IN
Efren Reyes
Francisco Bustamante
Ronnie Alcano
Ramil Gallego
Warren Kiamco

What about the Americans, they're dropping like rocks!! Thirteen players against the whole field, with five left, three in the winners bracket still kicking butts; I'd say that's pretty impressive compared to the Americans who comprised almostthe whole field.

And before you start jumping with joy, one of these Filipino players might just win the whole shebang!!!And how would feel if this happens, jilted no less!!

And yeah, the betting window is open at Q Masters. They will take all comers..

Bring It!!!

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's to the last man standing and I don't care whether he's a Pinoy, American, German, etc. He's the best pool shooter and pool is international.

teedotaj

teedot oohhhhhh
Silver Member
What about the Americans, they're dropping like rocks!! Thirteen players against the whole field, with five left, three in the winners bracket still kicking butts; I'd say that's pretty impressive compared to the Americans who comprised almostthe whole field.

the point is the Filipino contingent was highly touted and feared. It was unexpected to see those names drop out of the tournament early. so your whole "performance of 13 filipinos vs the whole american field" analogy doesn't really make sense...

a better comparison would be for you to list the top 13 americans and see if they're still in the tourny.

btw im not hatin on filipinos..I'm filipino myself. its just some people just don't know how to get off people's nuts. lol

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the point is the Filipino contingent was highly touted and feared. It was unexpected to see those names drop out of the tournament early. so your whole "performance of 13 filipinos vs the whole american field" analogy doesn't really make sense...

a better comparison would be for you to list the top 13 americans and see if they're still in the tourny.

btw im not hatin on filipinos..I'm filipino myself. its just some people just don't know how to get off people's nuts. lol
Thanks for this post. I think Bayawak totally misunderstood my post. No one was "jumping for joy" that the Pinoys were getting knocked out. They are my favorite players to watch and I am not Filipino.

It was merely a statement of surprise that so many of the top Filipinos are out already.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member

And before you start jumping with joy, one of these Filipino players might just win the whole shebang!!!And how would feel if this happens, jilted no less!!

And yeah, the betting window is open at Q Masters. They will take all comers..

Bring It!!!

I think there were more women than Filipinos in the 256 person field but the women only get congratulated for playing. I'm telling you the guys that play the Filipinos are shooting the best pool of their lives to pull out wins, it's kind of sick actually. Busty and Efren in my opinion are not over the hill and are still dominant in 9 ball. I still would be shocked if a Filipino doesn't make the top 3.

It's too hard to predict a nation or a person to really do better than top 6 in this field, 9 ball is the easiest game these champions play.

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
It seems that Filipinos have two things in mind, gambling and tourny. They get back what they lost in the tourny by gambling.

SOULHASSORROW

MoreTROLLSonAZthanWarcrft
Silver Member
LOL i read someone's post wrong, they said chris orme the "filipino slayer"!! Even though tommy tokoph should be called the filipino slayer after beating parica and corteza back to back.

bowman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well what about 5 euoropeans out of 8 still in the winners bracket,???? Do not not underesimate these dude,s,,???

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I like that you bring this up.
OUT
Hatch
Hennesse
Mills
Putnam
Schmidt
Moore
Frost
Bartram
IN
Deuel
Morris
Owen
Archer
SVB

There is still the issue that the 13 Filipino players may include a couple lower tier players. Either way the top Americans are fairing roughly the same. I would have honestly expected a better performance (not knocking them) from both groups.

It is nice to see some young guns coming through and getting some recognition.

Note: I am not saying this twelve is the absolute best in the US, but it's pretty accurate - and I threw Chris in since he's a poster.:wink:

billbOK

Slow day
Silver Member
I like that you bring this up.
OUT
Hatch
Hennesse
Mills
Putnam
Schmidt
Moore
Frost
Bartram
IN
Deuel
Morris
Owen
Archer
SVB

There is still the issue that the 13 Filipino players may include a couple lower tier players. Either way the top Americans are fairing roughly the same. I would have honestly expected a better performance (not knocking them) from both groups.

It is nice to see some young guns coming through and getting some recognition.

Note: I am not saying this twelve is the absolute best in the US, but it's pretty accurate - and I threw Chris in since he's a poster.:wink:

You can put Williams IN.