Hammerhead break cue tip review

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,
I would like to give a brief review on the Hammerhead break/jump tip from Outsville. I have tried several different phenolic and leather break tips to date. The hi lites of the Hammerhead tip are that it breaks with control and a softer feel than traditional phenolic tips. There is also no hollow ping sound, but the Hammerhead crushes the rack like a phenolic should. When playing Nineball I can use the cut break with outside English without fear of a miscue. As of today this is my favorite tip by far.The people at Outsville shipped the tip quickly and hassle free.

Last edited:

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard good things about these tips as well so I put in an order at caliberbilliards (they offer free shipping worldwide) but I have yet to receive anything (this was more than 3 months ago).
When I try to contact them they do not respond (actually they did once 6 weeks after placing the order, saying that they would look into it, but I haven't heard from them since). So beware.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard good things about these tips as well so I put in an order at caliberbilliards (they offer free shipping worldwide) but I have yet to receive anything (this was more than 3 months ago).
When I try to contact them they do not respond (actually they did once 6 weeks after placing the order, saying that they would look into it, but I haven't heard from them since). So beware.
Hi Kev,
Have you tried to buy a Hammerhead from Outsville? If you are talking about a different website please do not discourage people from Outsville.

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Kev,
Have you tried to buy a Hammerhead from Outsville? If you are talking about a different website please do not discourage people from Outsville.

I was talking about Caliberbilliards in my post, not about Outsville. They are a partner of Outsville.
When ordering from Outsville the shipping costs (to Europe) are as much as the tip itself.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Caliber's ph. # is in Orange,Co Calif. Did you read his wording? Sounds like a scam site to me. Sure this is affiliated with Outsville? I have my "doubts-ville" about that? 3mos to get a tip is pure bulls^*t.

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Caliber's ph. # is in Orange,Co Calif. Did you read his wording? Sounds like a scam site to me. Sure this is affiliated with Outsville? I have my "doubts-ville" about that? 3mos to get a tip is pure bulls^*t.

They probably never shipped the order, as I didn't get any despatchment info, only the confirmation that I had paid for the order.

I got in contact with Outsville and they said Caliberbilliards is one of their partners and they would contact them to see what's going on. I haven't heard anything from them (Outsville) after that, which was 6 weeks ago.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
They probably never shipped the order, as I didn't get any despatchment info, only the confirmation that I had paid for the order.

I got in contact with Outsville and they said Caliberbilliards is one of their partners and they would contact them to see what's going on. I haven't heard anything from them (Outsville) after that, which was 6 weeks ago.

Sorry Kev I just saw this as I don't do AZ much anymore.....

I will reach out again to Caliber and see if I can get an answer or a refund. They are a wholesale customer who has sold our products in the past not a partner. We have no investors or partners.....

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry Kev I just saw this as I don't do AZ much anymore.....

I will reach out again to Caliber and see if I can get an answer or a refund. They are a wholesale customer who has sold our products in the past not a partner. We have no investors or partners.....

Hi Chris, thanks but I already got the refund from PayPal. The person I had contact with on FB told me Caliberbilliards was a partner.
I would still like to try the Hammerhead and other Outsville tips someday, do you know if there is someone in Europe that is selling them?

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Hi Chris, thanks but I already got the refund from PayPal. The person I had contact with on FB told me Caliberbilliards was a partner.
I would still like to try the Hammerhead and other Outsville tips someday, do you know if there is someone in Europe that is selling them?

We are talking to a few companies in Europe and they are waiting on our 2019 Price List and product brochure... We hope to have those done next week...

MalibuMike

Banned
I tried Hammerhead but like the new Bulletproof Break Tip better!

I tried Hammerhead but like the new Bulletproof Break Tip better!
I like the White Shark Chalk too! Once you get it worked in!

Attachments

• bbpp.jpg
    bbpp.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 598

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi all,
I would like to give a brief review on the Hammerhead break/jump tip from Outsville. I have tried several different phenolic and leather break tips to date. The highlights of the Hammerhead tip are that it breaks with control and a softer feel than traditional phenolic tips. There is also no hollow ping sound, but the Hammerhead crushes the rack like a phenolic should. When playing Nineball I can use the cut break with outside English without fear of a miscue. As of today this is my favorite tip by far.The people at Outsville shipped the tip quickly and hassle free.
Tried one last night on my J&J break cue. Turned an already great break cue, into a weapon of rack destruction. Very impressive. 😎