Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Make America Straight Again (MASA). OH SOFLA!!!

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Make America Straight Again (MASA). OH SOFLA!!!
Old
  (#1)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Arrow Make America Straight Again (MASA). OH SOFLA!!! - 06-14-2019, 02:25 PM

Florida again.
This is just getting down right embarrassing.

Lake County church hosting 3-day ‘Make America Straight Again’ event

A Lake County church — whose preacher calls homosexuality “not a normal lifestyle” and advocates for the arrest and execution of lesbians and gays — is planning to hold a three-day “Make America Straight Again” event beginning Friday.

Pastor Patrick Boyle of the Revival Baptist Church of Orlando, which is housed in a small shopping center on U.S. Highway 27 in Four Corners, wouldn’t reveal the location of the gathering because he said he doesn’t want to invite protesters.

“We’re not trying to pick a fight,” Boyle said Thursday.

A Facebook notice of a protest planned for Saturday against the event lists 38 people as saying they’re going and 155 interested as of Thursday afternoon.

An organizer posted about hoping for “at least a small band of us to stand outside the church in firm (yet loving) opposition to blatant discrimination and intolerance.”

The Lake County Sheriff’s Office rejected a request from Boyle to hire off-duty deputies to work security at the event because the conference disparages gays.

“It looks like a hate group, and we decided we didn’t want to be involved,” Lt. John Herrell said. “We reserve the right to turn down a request [to hire off-duty deputies] for any reason or no reason.”

The church’s website describes it as “an Independent, Fundamental, King James Bible, Soul winning, Baptist church...”

The church, which is less than a mile north of U.S. Highway 192, is affiliated with the New Independent Fundamental Baptist Movement, “a title to identify churches and believers from around the world who take the word of God seriously,” according to the group’s website.

Boyle said he was “discouraged” by the agency’s refusal and now plans to hire private security guards for the event. Sheriff’s officials, however, plan to increase patrols in the area while it is underway.

Boyle said preachers “from across the country” on hand will take part and focus on homosexuality.

“This isn’t a normal lifestyle and we are adamantly opposed to that,” Boyle said. “The Bible tells us that it’s wrong.”

[Popular on OrlandoSentinel.com] GOP Brevard commissioner, amid jokes about running over Orlando anti-Trump protesters: ‘I wouldn’t recommend using a snow plow.’ »
He added that the “government should arrest them, try them, and if found guilty, execute them.”

But he said he doesn’t advocate private citizens hurt or kill gays, only that society make homosexuality illegal.

“It [homosexuality] was illegal in many countries until just a few years ago,” Boyle said.

He said he decided to hold the event during Gay Pride Month but that it wasn’t tied to the three-year anniversary of the mass shooting at the gay Pulse nightclub in Orlando, where a gunman opened fire and killed 49 people and injured dozens of others.

Boyle said his church, made up of about 60 members, has received emails and calls in support of the rally. But he said has also received hateful emails encouraging violence against him and his family.

“We’re asking for a normal lifestyle of a husband and wife and kids, sitting around a dinner table," he said. "But somehow, we’re the ones who are weird.”

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just a flea along for the ride... ---366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#2)
JC
Needs Moderation

JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2019, 04:19 PM

Name:  1457746786035.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  26.3 KB

jc

It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble
It's what you know that just ain't so

Old
  (#3)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

06-14-2019, 05:13 PM

Finally, something from Florida that may be appreciated by the majority of the board, I'm guessing.

FINALLY!

Oh, wait!

Silence will be taken as assent.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Old
  (#4)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-14-2019, 06:54 PM

Name:  58796997_913099242367996_3806878107151892480_n.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  62.5 KB

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#5)
onepocketron
AzB Silver Member
onepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond reputeonepocketron has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 09:28 AM

These guys remind me of the Baptists I was raised among. Trying to force their beliefs on everyone else. A bunch of bible thumping do gooders. They say no drinking or dancing in church and got a shit loads of "amens"...... as a lot of the "faithful" were out whoring around and drinking beer out of a cup so no one would see them drinking right after service was over. Blue laws so all the stores were closed on Sunday but the faithful always stocked up on Saturday LOL. A bunch of them hypocrits that were worried about the 1x1 in you eye when they had a 6x6 in theirs. But that is ok, they have been "saved" so they are destined for heaven, no matter what they do, they have been "saved"..... can I get an "amen brother". That's pretty much my take/experience on groups of bible thumbers trying to tell me what is right and wrong. When you are without sin, then you are allowed to tell me how to live my life, until then, shut the F up. At least these guys got their 15 minutes of fame so it's all good.

Old
  (#6)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-15-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepocketron View Post
These guys remind me of the Baptists I was raised among. Trying to force their beliefs on everyone else. A bunch of bible thumping do gooders. They say no drinking or dancing in church and got a shit loads of "amens"...... as a lot of the "faithful" were out whoring around and drinking beer out of a cup so no one would see them drinking right after service was over. Blue laws so all the stores were closed on Sunday but the faithful always stocked up on Saturday LOL. A bunch of them hypocrits that were worried about the 1x1 in you eye when they had a 6x6 in theirs. But that is ok, they have been "saved" so they are destined for heaven, no matter what they do, they have been "saved"..... can I get an "amen brother". That's pretty much my take/experience on groups of bible thumbers trying to tell me what is right and wrong. When you are without sin, then you are allowed to tell me how to live my life, until then, shut the F up. At least these guys got their 15 minutes of fame so it's all good.
Can I have a hallelujah!

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow idiotic comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#7)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

06-15-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
advocates for the arrest and execution of lesbians and gays
This is not just the position of a smallish church in a stripmall, but something the Dominionist movement seeks to impose after they gain their theocracy control of 'the Seven Mountains.'

The Seven Mountains are all the top organizational levers of societal control-- government, military, media, etc.

There has been a strong Dominionist claque in the military and in the service academies, and Mike Pence and Ted Cruz are Dominionists. (Cruz's father openly preaches it, and considered his son's presidential bid as a key milestone toward achieving the goal.) Cruz's money backers the Mercers (father and daughter) supported him because they are Dominionists, and their patronage of Steve Bannon and Breitbart make them at least Dominionist proximate because of their 'traditional values' interest in rolling society back several hundred years.

The Dominionists (and other reactionary Christianists) put a man in power in Africa who immediately proposed this same death penalty for gays. Under a lot of pressure, he backed off the death penalty, to 'only' life imprisonment. Yeah, this is really a thing that is already well advanced, organized and funded, lurking below the surface of most people's notice. See also: Noahide Laws.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

― Garry Kasparov

... the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either -- but right through every human heart -- and through all human hearts.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Last edited by Sofla; 06-15-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: