Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Which carbon shaft
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-16-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Im waiting, as i have had the same thoughts since I recieved my revo 12.4 as an anniversary present from my wife on 12/2017.

This has been my experience:

My revo has had VERY, VERY heavy play time under all sorts of conditions. This is a very, very accurate account of what its held up to as I do and have always kept track of my practice, ghost play and most of my matches on video and / or keyed into a VB program I wrote to track progress.

Ive got 3,200 hours of table (drills and ghost play) time with my revo.

955 hours in 10 ball.
260 hours of 9 ball.
140 hours of banks.
1230 hours of 14.1.
615 hours of various drills.

There is more time in matches or just hitting balls at public rooms but, not many because i don't get out much since my wife has been sick.

I would venture to say i have another 50 to 60 hours of table time in public rooms ....mostly private matches but, there was a few tournaments over the last 18 months.

So, adding all that up, it is ~3250 hours of very serious play.

My opponents have ranged from Josh roberts, Danny Smith, Hennessy, Cliff, Warren K., Casper, Alex P., Dennis O.....to amateurs like myself.

Most all of my matches was for cash, not tournament play so, my cue was not babied in the least.

Ive played people that didn't allow jump cues so i had to jump full cue with my revo. Not often, but, enough times for it to prove itself to me...thus far.

Having been through all ^^^^^^ hours of drills, ghost play, cheap action to sometimes, not so cheap action, the revo im using is still performing exactly as it did the day my wife gave it to me.

My luck, after writing this, the damn thing will explode when i hit the next stun shot
..hope not!
Wow, congrats on the massive amount of hours and to keep them logged. Well done. You are in the perfect position to test the theory out. If you ever get a chance to hit with a brand new, out of the box Revo 12.4...with the tip make and model and thickness to where you want it...then let is know your thoughts in comparison. Since you are used to the shaft, you might be able to pick up the difference...does a fresh shaft hit more solid? Sound different?

Let me commend you once again for your epic record keeping. I used to have more time, but the 3rd kid and overtime at work has slowed me down on table time as of late. I plan to get up to speed again soon.

Last edited by Cardigan Kid; 06-16-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: