OB Carbon.......??

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been convinced recently that the momentum has been reversed. I would feel comfortable purchasing this summer.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been convinced recently that the momentum has been reversed. I would feel comfortable purchasing this summer.
What actions have you seen there that would cause your optimism? Both QC and CS have not been the greatest lately.

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand the thought process with this shaft. Some of the main advantages with carbon shafts is not having to worry about dings or warping and being able to wipe it down to clean it. Why have wood on the outside?

Also had a bad experience dealing with them so probably biased a bit

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No
What actions have you seen there that would cause your optimism? Both QC and CS have not been the greatest lately.

I know that there have been improvements made within the company and manufacturing quality process. The launch of the carbon shafts will end up proving that and fully restore the traditional reputation.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No

I know that there have been improvements made within the company and manufacturing quality process. The launch of the carbon shafts will end up proving that and fully restore the traditional reputation.

They were fine before Royce passed.

Now everything comes out warped, late, and broken?

Customer service went from the best in the biz to the
worst in the biz.

Im sure carbon will fix all that.

Just saw someone that ordered a new shaft from them
a week ago. Guess what, it was wobbling all over the place.

I wish the all the success they can get but, I personally
have no interest.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They were fine before Royce passed.

Now everything comes out warped, late, and broken?

Customer service went from the best in the biz to the
worst in the biz.

Im sure carbon will fix all that.

Just saw someone that ordered a new shaft from them
a week ago. Guess what, it was wobbling all over the place.

I wish the all the success they can get but, I personally
have no interest.

BTW, if they were publically traded it'd be a great way to make money on their stocks. Usually if you find a company you want stocks in and wait to buy until bad press or stories hit, people react emotionally and sell. Then buy and a low price. Companies are usually more stable than what news reports. The Tesla car fires were a great example.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tesla is on the cutting edge of automotive
technology.
Ob has a proven product that they
have managed to screw up by making it cheaper
and cutting corners I assume.
Their customer service is like trying to get that 50 out of the guy who said he'd pay you next friday, a year ago.
Now they are the 8th, 9th, 10th company to
come out with a carbon fiber shaft?

Not apples and oranges.

I dont get your point.

With all of the options out there.
With the recent bad press.

Why, in your opinion, should the customer
choose O.B. cues in the future?

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tesla is on the cutting edge of automotive
technology.
Ob has a proven product that they
have managed to screw up by making it cheaper
and cutting corners I assume.
Their customer service is like trying to get that 50 out of the guy who said he'd pay you next friday, a year ago.
Now they are the 8th, 9th, 10th company to
come out with a carbon fiber shaft?

Not apples and oranges.

I dont get your point.

Thats because he doesn't have a point, at least not a valid point anyways.

But why is he making such "weak" claims? Well, if you do a search on his post history when speaking about OB, well, its a no-brainer.

In the end, OB.....may......make a come back but, carbon fiber is not gonna belp them. Not only are they late to the CF band wagon...., lol....their in what most consider "last place" in carbon fiber equipment.

Like EVERYONE with a brain knows, its their overall "quality control", coupled with their "customer service" that has put them in a bad place.

Anyone that thinks "CF" will turn it around is an "idiot".

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tough crowd. I expect great things. Be optimistic.

If Royce (RIP) was still with us, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Having said that, if OB.....can be so lucky as to find someone, even half as good as Royce was, they'll come back and be fine.

Otherwise:

cricket cricket cricket......get my point?

If you do or not.....doesn't matter but, OB...., well, they BETTER cause the bulk of THEIR customers are dwindling at a very fast rate.

Look at it like brake pads on a car. Don't wait till its to late....:sorry:.......get new pads ASAP. Point being, i hear a loud screeching noise, is it OB's brake pads?

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been a year since the DigiCue blue got an update.

But I'm optimistic that someday it will get a facelift.

If you have any suggestions for updates please message me. I'm keeping track of features customers would like to see

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I second LongHorns2. I don’t understand the point of this approach. It seems to be based on the assumption that people want shafts that are carbon but look and feel like wood. I have never heard anyone state such a view. Yes, people who don’t like cf often say it’s because cf does not look and feel like wood. But this does not mean they want a cf shaft that looks and feels like wood. It means they want wood!

I suppose the next big idea will be to produce a wood shaft with a carbon fiber covering so it is wood but looks and feels like carbon fiber!

I think this idea is based on a flaw in logic and I am skeptical that it has any chance of success. But hey, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I second LongHorns2. I don’t understand the point of this approach. It seems to be based on the assumption that people want shafts that are carbon but look and feel like wood. I have never heard anyone state such a view. Yes, people who don’t like cf often say it’s because cf does not look and feel like wood. But this does not mean they want a cf shaft that looks and feels like wood. It means they want wood!

I suppose the next big idea will be to produce a wood shaft with a carbon fiber covering so it is wood but looks and feels like carbon fiber!

I think this idea is based on a flaw in logic and I am skeptical that it has any chance of success. But hey, I could be wrong.

OB cheaped out in the CF race. Then again, their pretty much dead in water for now anyways.

OB would have to almost start giving cues away fir free to win back some of their looonnngggg time customers they have "RUN OFF" since they lost Royce.

At the rate OB is going, their cues will end up being sold by Walmart, if Walmart will have them.

Craig

Custom Cue-Repair
Silver Member
OB Cues is a sinking ship it's only a matter of time. They have a controlling dictator that runs the company. The powers that be better wake up soon.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taking any quality questions aside, I am not sure how this shaft would be a carbon fiber shaft to complete with the REVO and others. A CF core wood shaft will not have the same characteristics as a CF shaft. McDermott has a CF insert in the wood shafts in their i models, and after trying them, I would place them at the bottom of my shaft list. While the standard OB shafts would be in the top half.