Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page OB Carbon.......??
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
LWD
AzB Silver Member
LWD has a reputation beyond reputeLWD has a reputation beyond reputeLWD has a reputation beyond reputeLWD has a reputation beyond reputeLWD has a reputation beyond reputeLWD has a reputation beyond reputeLWD has a reputation beyond reputeLWD has a reputation beyond reputeLWD has a reputation beyond reputeLWD has a reputation beyond reputeLWD has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-16-2019, 03:46 PM

I second LongHorns2. I don’t understand the point of this approach. It seems to be based on the assumption that people want shafts that are carbon but look and feel like wood. I have never heard anyone state such a view. Yes, people who don’t like cf often say it’s because cf does not look and feel like wood. But this does not mean they want a cf shaft that looks and feels like wood. It means they want wood!

I suppose the next big idea will be to produce a wood shaft with a carbon fiber covering so it is wood but looks and feels like carbon fiber!

I think this idea is based on a flaw in logic and I am skeptical that it has any chance of success. But hey, I could be wrong.

Last edited by LWD; 06-16-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Old
  (#17)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-16-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD View Post
I second LongHorns2. I donít understand the point of this approach. It seems to be based on the assumption that people want shafts that are carbon but look and feel like wood. I have never heard anyone state such a view. Yes, people who donít like cf often say itís because cf does not look and feel like wood. But this does not mean they want a cf shaft that looks and feels like wood. It means they want wood!

I suppose the next big idea will be to produce a wood shaft with a carbon fiber covering so it is wood but looks and feels like carbon fiber!

I think this idea is based on a flaw in logic and I am skeptical that it has any chance of success. But hey, I could be wrong.
OB cheaped out in the CF race. Then again, their pretty much dead in water for now anyways.

OB would have to almost start giving cues away fir free to win back some of their looonnngggg time customers they have "RUN OFF" since they lost Royce.

At the rate OB is going, their cues will end up being sold by Walmart, if Walmart will have them.

Don't let your bark be bigger than your stroke.

If I had money, I would probably lose a lot......... inspired by PT

Old
  (#18)
Craig
Custom Cue-Repair
Craig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond reputeCraig has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400

Yesterday, 11:38 AM

OB Cues is a sinking ship it's only a matter of time. They have a controlling dictator that runs the company. The powers that be better wake up soon.

Custom Cue-Repair

Last edited by Craig; Yesterday at 11:40 AM.

Old
  (#19)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Yesterday, 02:28 PM

Taking any quality questions aside, I am not sure how this shaft would be a carbon fiber shaft to complete with the REVO and others. A CF core wood shaft will not have the same characteristics as a CF shaft. McDermott has a CF insert in the wood shafts in their i models, and after trying them, I would place them at the bottom of my shaft list. While the standard OB shafts would be in the top half.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: