China Open Photo Diary

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
I think all the Filipino pros will be at the US Open.

--Jeff

I know Rodolfo. I sure haven't seen him in a long while. Looks like all the Pinoys don't come to the States very often anymore. I guess it's because most of the high-caliber pool competitions are held elsewhere today, more and more in the Asian-Pacific region of the world.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! Holy skyscrapers. It looks like something out of a Batman movie. :cool:

Love these pictures and really do appreciate the time you take to share them with us while on the road. I know how time consuming a chore this can be from a hotel without all your equipment on site. ;)

Does anybody know who this gentleman is?

Attachments

• IMG_8954[1].jpg
    IMG_8954[1].jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 282

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look at this multi-colored butt on the jumpcue. Love it! :p

Attachments

• IMG_9059[1].jpg
    IMG_9059[1].jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 280

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a warrior this player looks like, to include a great jump shot, and I'm talking about his posture in the shot as well. He's holding the cue just like Robin Dodson says to do.

This is also a great photo shot, seeing the cueball mid air. Good catch. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_9198[1].jpg
    IMG_9198[1].jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 277

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Nice lighting! Looks like banks of old school lighting!

What a warrior this player looks like, to include a great jump shot, and I'm talking about his posture in the shot as well. He's holding the cue just like Robin Dodson says to do.

This is also a great photo shot, seeing the cueball mid air. Good catch. ;)

calebk

Registered
This kid is only 14! His name is Ko Pin-Chung, no idea if he's related to Ko Pin-Yi or not but I suspect he would be. Saw him at a tournament here in Malaysia and he finished as the runner up in a field including Ricky Yang, Antonio Lining, Ricky Zerna, Victor Arpilleda and Carlo Biado among others. Fantastic talent!

Attachments

• IMG_8911.jpg
    IMG_8911.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 243

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I cannot find any press briefing or article about this China Open on the Main Page of AzBilliards, unless I missed it. In your pictures, I see quite a few familiar faces now; whereas, previously, I did not recognize many of our Asian-Pacific breathren of players.

As far as Americans present, I saw Oscar and his father and Corey Deuel. Monica Webb made the trip, as did Sarah Rousey. I did not see any other Americans. Maybe they have not arrived yet.

Bustie and Efren are in the house.

A smiling Tony Drago's birthday is being celebrated, and he looks happy.

You took some EXCELLENT pictures of the British team. Wow! Daryl Peach is quite handsome.

Thorsten and Ralph and Jasmin are there.

Always nice to see Julie and Karen. They really know how to take a good picture. :)

Attachments

• IMG_9458[1][1].jpg
    IMG_9458[1][1].jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check out this Peach delight. What a hunk! I had no idea he was as handsome as this photo depicts. Wow! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_9489[1].jpg
    IMG_9489[1].jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 234

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy Birthday, Tony Drago. He looks happy! :p

Attachments

• IMG_9544[1].jpg
    IMG_9544[1].jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 230

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bustie baby, our new BCA Hall of Famer. Poor fellow probably spends more time on airplanes than on land. He's looking a wee bit tired in this photo. He'll probably wake up once he cracks the first rack. Go, Bustie, go! :)

Attachments

• IMG_9547[1].jpg
    IMG_9547[1].jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 222

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jolly Ralph Souquet, always pleasant and upbeat!

Attachments

• IMG_9552[1].jpg
    IMG_9552[1].jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 231

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey Deuel looks like he's taking this tournament seriously. Wishing you a great tourney, Corey. USA, all the way! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_9513[1].jpg
    IMG_9513[1].jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 237

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will Jasmin make some noise? Stay tuned. I'm sure she is going to make her presence known on a field of green in China. :grin-square:

Attachments

• IMG_9456[1].jpg
    IMG_9456[1].jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 233

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A transparent draw. I like this China Open a lot, the more and more I see these great photos. Keep 'em coming. You seem to be our only media contact at the present time, and your photos are absolutely outstanding. Thanks so much, fruhlein. :)

Attachments

• _MG_6727[2].jpg
    _MG_6727[2].jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 230

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Great pictures Markus. Looks like an amazing tournament and a great worldwide tournout. Keep the updates coming, much appreciated!