bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think coming in contact with EBOLA would be enough to slow down or put a stop to the anti-CTE old time whack jobs.

Now you also have the newbie attention seekers trying to get their name in the lights.
They just come out of the woodwork.

Glad to see five of the six all time greatest deviants making their presence felt with worthless posts today. Keep up the never ending good work.

EDIT: All 6 (SIX) have now made their unwanted presence felt. (I was starting to get worried)

Am I the "newbie attention seeker"? ha ha. Serious question.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bullshit. !2 years or so ago Matt wasn't even winning good local amateur tournaments. Now he's winning pro-am's regularly.

Incorrect. Like I said, I've known him since he was 15 or so. He was a solid B player when I met him, and an A player by the time he was 17 or 18, 100%. I'm just a few years older than him. I think he's about 35 now. I'm 40 now.

If you don't believe me, you can see clear as day his "reported" tournament winnings here on AZ.

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 9.24.21 PM.png
Here is his first reported year on AZ, year 2000. He came in 9th place in in a decent Planet Pool tournament. Note, before this, we had the Tim Scruggs Tournemante for 2 or 3 years all in the Philly/NJ/DE area. Matt played in ALL of them, from like 1998 until they ended around the year 2000. None of those results are on AZ (too old I suppose), but I can assure you, Matt was coming in the money then.

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 9.24.55 PM.png
Next, we have this 2nd place finish in the year 2003, with a VERY strong field (see next pic)

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 9.25.27 PM.jpg
This is that 2003 tournament and you can see the names he came ahead of. These guys were VERY strong players, with a few bonafide pro's at the time.

I didn't take a screenshot, but I opened up every single year of his tournaments reported on here from 2001 to today. (I would also follow his progress live every year from the brackets, because like I said he's a local player and I hope he does well). I looked for US Open in-the-money finishes. There was only one year, I think 2010 or so, where he came in the lowest dollar amount for cashing. All the other years he didn't cash. And I'm 90% certain he played in every single US Open going back at least 15 years from now.

Again, I have two main points:
1) He plays very close today compared to 15 years ago. You can see for yourself if you go though the AZ tournament history like I took a few screenshots of, and dig into the results to see the players lists.
2) He was a jam up local player (A speed), well before there was even an AZ Billiards or Pro1. His lessons with Stan did not make him into a good player. He already was a good player at least 10 years before ever meeting Stan!

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A while ago, I asked if any pros were using CTE. A kind member replied with a list of 4 or five pros who he said were using CTE and winning tournaments. When I had a few minutes, I did a search on AZB to see if I could find an earnings history on the fellows our kind member had listed. When I found that information, I decided to add up all the earnings for all of the players for all of the years they had played combined and then average out an across-the-board annual salary range.

I've been poor, so I know what poor looks like. It was really sad. No, I mean REALLY sad. Like poverty sad. Losers at Micky D's working 36 hours per week make a lot more than these guys, and the Micky D's guys can go home at night and sleep in their Mom's basement. Sorry, but the pros don't make enough money to fly around in a Lear. They probably sleep in their cars and eat greazy burgers at, uh, M..... D.s.

Now don't get me wrong, I believe it is noble for a young buck to follow his dreams. I know, everybody wants to be a rock star. But please, even Peter Pan knew he had to grow up.

Trust me, I'm not demeaning or disparaging any of these young warriors. I admire their pluck. But, and that's a big "but," I'm a realist. Back in the day, I knew pros (golfers) who tried to follow their dreams. Suitcases, broken down Chevy station wagons, and dirty clothes will take a toll on even the most stalwart lads. Reality is a tough, often cruel mistress.

I think it's nice for there to be a cohort of supportive cheerleaders and wannabees here at AZB, but to encourage a group of young impressionable players to forge on when their realistic chances of stardom are non-existent is unkind, and frankly, a little selfish. OK, a lot selfish

It would be nice if all of the energy invested in hero-worship here at AZB could be redirected and used to make each one of us better. It's odd, but the smaller amount of time I waste on trying to fix other people, the more time I have to make myself a better player, and hopefully a better person.

BOXCAR

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Am I the "newbie attention seeker"? ha ha. Serious question.

If you have to ask for confirmation, I'd have to say it's quite obvious NICK P.
I don't need to spell out the answer to your question but I could for your last name if you wish.

You've also been a hack player your entire life and never really made much progress. So I guess it hurts your feelings and ego to see others like Matt have success in the game by winning tournaments and placing well in others.

Matt learned more this last week with Stan once again than you will ever know or have a clue exists. Which is exactly why you'll always be a hack player.

You know what Stretch, you're a loser. Doesn't matter how lucky you got with some $. You're nothing but a cry baby whine bag cynical loser.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't need to spell out the answer to your question but I could for your last name if you wish.

You've also been a hack player your entire life and never really made much progress. So I guess it hurts your feelings and ego to see others like Matt have success in the game by winning tournaments and placing well in others.

Matt learned more this last week with Stan once again than you will ever know or have a clue exists. Which is exactly why you'll always be a hack player.

You know what Stretch, you're a loser. Doesn't matter how lucky you got with some $. You're nothing but a cry baby whine bag cynical loser.

Hah ha ha hah ah. I'm honored, I'm on the Spidey fan club now:)

Well, the reason I asked if you thought I was the "newbie", was that seemed quite strange to me. I used to post frequently in the CTE threads on here years ago, and you were in all of them as well. I wised up and mostly stayed away, especially when the aiming forum was created. The ONLY reason I was so vocal in this particular thread, is Matt did NOT become a good player because of CTE/Pro1/Stan/whatever, as the OP was implying in his first post. And I had first hand knowledge of that by watching him play for 20 years. He already was a very good player well before that. I showed you tournament results that prove that as fact. You can look up the rest of them yourself to prove it to yourself as fact. I showed you his Fargorate from 2015 to 2019. It is LOWER today than 4 years ago.

These are all facts, that anyone can look up, the same as I did, even without ever having met Matt.

Again, I never said anything bad about Matt. I said he was a very good player 15 years ago, and is a very good player today, and the difference between then and now is very little. Gee, that is like saying Shane is the same now as he was 10 years ago. Everyone knows that's true. People don't magically get speeds better no matter how many lessons they take, etc (past the initial ramp-up). Its not an insult, its an observation.

Now, as far as your personal insults towards me, do you see the difference. I did not insult you, or Matt. I gave personal observations "from watching him play and following his results for years", and I backed those personal observations up with recorded tournament results (facts).

My speed is irrelevant. What is relevant is I've gambled with everyone in Philly during these 20 years, and did ok by knowing their games. That means I knew the pecking order;) I'd also follow every Philly players national events that had brackets, including Matt, because I LIKE THEM and wanted them to do well in national events and cash. Gee, you are putting words in my mouth that I hate them. wow.

As far as my speed, frankly, you are only 1 ball better, so where does that put you? You've been trying any aiming system under the sun for 20 years, and you still are only 1 ball better than me. Do you hate your life and your game as you claim I do? Ha ha hah. Wait, are you going to say you have a bad back and that is the reason you suck only 1 ball less than me? Well, I have a bad back too, so we are even;)

I know you as well. I saw you pushing your cart around with a computer on top in Philly years ago. I even offered you on PM here years ago qty 6 shafts that fit on a Lambros for free.

Oh well. Typical CTE reaction. Ignore any facts, personally attack everyone.

I'll try to stay away from this forum again for a few years:)

Nick P, now on the Spidey fan club. Proud moment.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you honestly think a pro player would continue to use something if it made them worse? We are all our own best critic. I've used and done things over my pool playing life and it didn't take very long to say NAY if it deserved a NAY.

Pros have to be more picky and are. They certainly aren't stupid.

Bias is a strong thing.

People get so far down the rabbit hole that it can be hard for them to see they aren’t actually getting better.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spider, maybe this will help....;)
Born Loser.JPG

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Boy there are some names on that list that take me back in time. Richard Keefe for one. Locked horns with him a couple of times.

May he RIP.

Incorrect. Like I said, I've known him since he was 15 or so. He was a solid B player when I met him, and an A player by the time he was 17 or 18, 100%. I'm just a few years older than him. I think he's about 35 now. I'm 40 now.

If you don't believe me, you can see clear as day his "reported" tournament winnings here on AZ.

View attachment 523331
Here is his first reported year on AZ, year 2000. He came in 9th place in in a decent Planet Pool tournament. Note, before this, we had the Tim Scruggs Tournemante for 2 or 3 years all in the Philly/NJ/DE area. Matt played in ALL of them, from like 1998 until they ended around the year 2000. None of those results are on AZ (too old I suppose), but I can assure you, Matt was coming in the money then.

View attachment 523332
Next, we have this 2nd place finish in the year 2003, with a VERY strong field (see next pic)

View attachment 523333
This is that 2003 tournament and you can see the names he came ahead of. These guys were VERY strong players, with a few bonafide pro's at the time.

I didn't take a screenshot, but I opened up every single year of his tournaments reported on here from 2001 to today. (I would also follow his progress live every year from the brackets, because like I said he's a local player and I hope he does well). I looked for US Open in-the-money finishes. There was only one year, I think 2010 or so, where he came in the lowest dollar amount for cashing. All the other years he didn't cash. And I'm 90% certain he played in every single US Open going back at least 15 years from now.

1) He plays very close today compared to 15 years ago. You can see for yourself if you go though the AZ tournament history like I took a few screenshots of, and dig into the results to see the players lists.
2) He was a jam up local player (A speed), well before there was even an AZ Billiards or Pro1. His lessons with Stan did not make him into a good player. He already was a good player at least 10 years before ever meeting Stan!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Hah ha ha hah ah. I'm honored, I'm on the Spidey fan club now:)

Well, the reason I asked if you thought I was the "newbie", was that seemed quite strange to me. I used to post frequently in the CTE threads on here years ago, and you were in all of them as well. I wised up and mostly stayed away, especially when the aiming forum was created. The ONLY reason I was so vocal in this particular thread, is Matt did NOT become a good player because of CTE/Pro1/Stan/whatever, as the OP was implying in his first post. And I had first hand knowledge of that by watching him play for 20 years. He already was a very good player well before that. I showed you tournament results that prove that as fact. You can look up the rest of them yourself to prove it to yourself as fact. I showed you his Fargorate from 2015 to 2019. It is LOWER today than 4 years ago.

These are all facts, that anyone can look up, the same as I did, even without ever having met Matt.

Again, I never said anything bad about Matt. I said he was a very good player 15 years ago, and is a very good player today, and the difference between then and now is very little. Gee, that is like saying Shane is the same now as he was 10 years ago. Everyone knows that's true. People don't magically get speeds better no matter how many lessons they take, etc (past the initial ramp-up). Its not an insult, its an observation.

Now, as far as your personal insults towards me, do you see the difference. I did not insult you, or Matt. I gave personal observations "from watching him play and following his results for years", and I backed those personal observations up with recorded tournament results (facts).

My speed is irrelevant. What is relevant is I've gambled with everyone in Philly during these 20 years, and did ok by knowing their games. That means I knew the pecking order;) I'd also follow every Philly players national events that had brackets, including Matt, because I LIKE THEM and wanted them to do well in national events and cash. Gee, you are putting words in my mouth that I hate them. wow.

As far as my speed, frankly, you are only 1 ball better, so where does that put you? You've been trying any aiming system under the sun for 20 years, and you still are only 1 ball better than me. Do you hate your life and your game as you claim I do? Ha ha hah. Wait, are you going to say you have a bad back and that is the reason you suck only 1 ball less than me? Well, I have a bad back too, so we are even;)

I know you as well. I saw you pushing your cart around with a computer on top in Philly years ago. I even offered you on PM here years ago qty 6 shafts that fit on a Lambros for free.

Oh well. Typical CTE reaction. Ignore any facts, personally attack everyone.

I'll try to stay away from this forum again for a few years:)

Nick P, now on the Spidey fan club. Proud moment.

Not sure what you're even referring to. I don't push carts around.

:grin-square:Back then, I lived in Delaware and played at Royal Billiards off Naamans Rd. All I played was 14.1 and 1pocket. So when you say I played 1 ball better, I'm astounded how you can extrapolate that.

I never played Krah, but played Josh Brothers a bunch of times, who is comparable. He beat me like a drum in 10b and 1pocket. We played 14.1 five times and I won twice and we played banks and I won that.

Not comparing myself to Josh because he is truly gifted. I can, however, keep my head above water. I've never seen you and never played you and you certainly never played where I played. I also played Greg Taylor a few times, who plays (or played, not sure he is still active) better than Krah and Brothers and I lost each of the 3 times we played, but I know where I stand in 14.1.

So, in conclusion, no clue who you are... Never heard of you... And doubt we met.

EDIT:

Here's what Stan just emailed me about Nick P@(*#@(* and Matt's record:

Matt knows this fellow. Nick @$*@$()#

Since Matt was 14 he says is about the 5 out better of a player.

Nick is a hack player, about a C level player that could not win a game against the 9 ball ghost. Basically a jealous guy over others that get better.

Since Matt first visited me and learned PRO ONE he has won the SBE PRO AM CHAMPIONSHIP 2 times.

8 times Mezz Tour player of the year

2 top 10 finishes at Turning Stone

NJ state champion 2 times

PA state champion 2 times

Maryland state champ 2 times

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can respond to the other stuff later but please remove my last name from your post.

Ps, Mike F owned Royal billiards and then Sniff did. I played in there many many times.

Good day.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pps, I’m AHEAD of Matt gambling! He is way better than me, no doubt.

And he is several steps below Josh. Only recently that has changed because Josh doesn’t play much anymore.

Josh won about 10 of the NE players tours in a row when he was playing.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You had your cart and computer rolling around at a Hopkins event. I think it was that million dollar one. Can’t be sure. But it wasn’t the main expo.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And, I will gladly lock up a few grand and play Matt “the 5 out”. If he could give me that when he was 14, he surely could today 20 years later after becoming a pro1 expert.

Ha ha ha.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And you see what else you do, you and low500, or should I say Drivermaker, took two players, me and Matt who never had a bad thing to say about each other in 20 years, and try to stir up crap. Troll definition. And Stan does the same.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I can respond to the other stuff later but please remove my last name from your post.

Ps, Mike F owned Royal billiards and then Sniff did. I played in there many many times.

Good day.
I played in that room nonstop between the times I listed. If you were there, you certainly never asked me to play and I played everyone literally. I moved shortly after Sniff took over. Sniff and I played many, many times in 1 hole and I love that guy dearly.

My name's Dave Segal and I stand behind everything I say. Not sure what you're going to comment on because everything I said is 100% accurate. Why are you sweating your last name being listed? Afraid you can't BS behind a screen name?

Since you know so much about Royal, ask Froggy who I played and how I ended up and compare to my earlier posts. Otherwise STFU, really. I have zero clue who you are and if we were in a pool room together we never played, so that's why I have zero clue who you are.

Come up to York and we can at least play some cheap even though I don't play, like EVER, due to my 3 spine surgeries. If you play like Krah describes, I don't think I need to play to win.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You had your cart and computer rolling around at a Hopkins event. I think it was that million dollar one. Can’t be sure. But it wasn’t the main expo.

I helped Allen with the scoreboard at that event. Not sure what your point was, but yes.. I scored that event.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 523331

View attachment 523332

View attachment 523333

Matt would have learned CTE around 2010. He was good at that point no doubt. But I was a Maryland player and he wasn't tearing up anything around then. Sure he was finishing in the money, he was a good player. But now he's winning pro-am's consistently against good players. By the way, i agree that player list from the tournament has some very good players on it. But all but a couple are just very very good amateurs.
I don't put much stock in tournament winnings posted on AZ with the state pro pool is in and not knowing which regional events are included in the totals.